The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

UCL Medicine Applicants 2016

Scroll to see replies

Reply 560
Original post by cycl
I didn't get any medical ethics questions, but I did write my IB extended essay on medical ethics, which I'd briefly explained in my personal statement. They asked me to summarise how I made my argument.

Oooh ok :smile: so was it just on ps and bmat essay ?? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
For those with offers, what grades were requested?
Reply 562
Original post by Sp22
Oooh ok :smile: so was it just on ps and bmat essay ?? :smile:
Posted from TSR Mobile
Kind of. They also asked typical medical questions, like why medicine, etc. etc.
Reply 563
Any advice for the interview ? I have mine next week and kind of panicking now :frown: thanks :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 564
Original post by Sp22
Any advice for the interview ? I have mine next week and kind of panicking now :frown: thanks :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have mine in feb but I have some tips :
talk to yourself in the mirror
have a few examples of w/e to talk about leadership, teamwork, stress situations
personal examples and hobbies
interest/books
about ucl's course
and the general ethics - go over the pillars :smile:
Hope this helps
Reply 565
Original post by Azula
I have mine in feb but I have some tips :
talk to yourself in the mirror
have a few examples of w/e to talk about leadership, teamwork, stress situations
personal examples and hobbies
interest/books
about ucl's course
and the general ethics - go over the pillars :smile:
Hope this helps

Thank you :smile: good luck for your interview :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 566
Original post by Sp22
Thank you :smile: good luck for your interview :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

No prob, you too :ahee:
Original post by Sp22

Posted from TSR Mobile

I had mine a few days ago, try not to panic! You'll be sat in a room with the other applicants for a while before you interview, so my advice would be to TALK! Of course you're going to be nervous when you get to the uni so this is a really good way to calm down before going into the interview.
You'll be given your BMAT essay so read through that in the time you have before the interview. Think about what you'd like to change or add if you didn't get time to finish your essay.
I had a really lovely panel and they weren't intimidating at all! I had 3 interviewers, but one was an observer who just listened and took notes. I know some people came back and said that their observer was yawning and looking around bored, but I think that was just meant to test whether they would be distracted, so try not to be put off if a similar thing happens in your interview - it does not mean you're doing badly!
In terms of advice for prepping for any medical school interview: look at the news, think about your work experience, consider what skills you have and what skills doctors should have and of course, why that uni and why medicine.
Lastly, good luck! And good luck to anyone else reading this as well. I hope this has helped you a bit, try to stay as calm as much as possible so you'll be able to think logically through the questions they ask you! Oh and if you're still panicking, about 70% of those interviewed get offers, so if you've got this far you've got a pretty good chance of getting in!
Reply 568
Thank you so much for your advice ! Really appreciate this :smile: thanks and good luck with your application :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
hey sorry I know stats can be annoying, but can anyone tell me if there is any chance of getting an interview at this stage :smile:

GCSE: 11A*s 1B
AS: AAAB
A2 Predicted: A*A*A*A*
BMAT: 4.7 5.0 4.5A
Original post by medprospects
hey sorry I know stats can be annoying, but can anyone tell me if there is any chance of getting an interview at this stage :smile:

Stats be strong kid, keep hanging in there, it'll come, I believe 💪
Original post by medprospects

How did you get predicted an A* with a B at AS?
Is there realistically any chance of me having an interview with these stats?

11 A*'s at GCSE
4 A's AS level
3 A*s predictions at A2
BMAT: 4.2, 4.0 and 3.5A
Original post by amccluskey
Stats be strong kid, keep hanging in there, it'll come, I believe 💪

thank you!!! that gives me hope 🙏 good luck with your application
Original post by blxckatoro
How did you get predicted an A* with a B at AS?

because I messed up on one paper and at the beginning of the year and throughout summer I had to do mocks for A2 units to get the prediction and the department had a discussion 😁
Rejection post interview !!!
Reply 576
Original post by shinthong123

Ahhh sorry to hear ! When did you have your interview and how did u feel it went ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 577
Anyone had any interview invitations/ pre-interview rejections lately?
Reply 578
Hi all. Hope you applications are going well. I just wanted to let you know that we have set up a voting page which you can reply to in order to see the status of other applicants' applications at UCL. Take a look; we hope you'll find it useful. :smile:

UCL Medicine Applicants 2016 - Vote - Application Status
Original post by shinthong123

ah unlucky mate, well done on getting an interview though!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending