The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Cbla98
Idk some stations went well some didn't aha, were u in the 10:15?

Posted from TSR Mobile

no 11:15, yeah i guess i repeated myself at times, oh well, just a long wait now
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Original post by mvkmr
Thanks! 15th December!
Had Birmingham and Nottingham interviews in December and I have Southhampton in a couple weeks.

Yeah AAA :smile:

Haha, I also applied to Birmingham and Nottingham and I had my interviews for them in December XD might have bumped into you at some of them? What dates + times were yours? :P
Reply 962
Original post by thechemistress
Haha, I also applied to Birmingham and Nottingham and I had my interviews for them in December XD might have bumped into you at some of them? What dates + times were yours? :P

Wowww I haven't met anyone with the (almost) same combo as me! Lots of the Birmingham applicants I met had applied to BMAT unis (I couldn't be bothered to do it after my UKCAT lol).
Birmingham was on the 11th, Notts 12th. Hmm not sure if I can remember the times, both were around 10ish I think.
Original post by mvkmr
Wowww I haven't met anyone with the (almost) same combo as me! Lots of the Birmingham applicants I met had applied to BMAT unis (I couldn't be bothered to do it after my UKCAT lol).
Birmingham was on the 11th, Notts 12th. Hmm not sure if I can remember the times, both were around 10ish I think.

Yeah, weird to see somebody else with nearly the same as me :lol: I actually applied to a BMAT uni lol (Oxford) but that didn't work out :tongue:
Ah okay, my Birmingham one was on the 2nd and Nottingham was on the 18th so definitely not at the same time :P
Which is your first choice out of all the ones you've applied to?
Reply 964
Yeah, weird to see somebody else with nearly the same as me :lol: I actually applied to a BMAT uni lol (Oxford) but that didn't work out :tongue:
Ah okay, my Birmingham one was on the 2nd and Nottingham was on the 18th so definitely not at the same time :P
Which is your first choice out of all the ones you've applied to?

I really loved UCL, but then my ukcat was pretty safe and I just wanted to maximise chances of getting an interview. That's a shame about Oxford but you got 3 interviews so that's still fab!

Birmingham would be first choice, but since that was my first interview I felt like it could've gone a lotttttt better. So I won't be that disappointed if I get rejected (although I don't think I was terrible) whereas with King's I don't think I could've done any better.

Ultimately I just wanted to get in SOMEWHERE, so if Notts/Southhampton give me an offer (and Bham reject), I'm not sure how I'll decide..

What about you?
Original post by mvkmr
I really loved UCL, but then my ukcat was pretty safe and I just wanted to maximise chances of getting an interview. That's a shame about Oxford but you got 3 interviews so that's still fab!

Birmingham would be first choice, but since that was my first interview I felt like it could've gone a lotttttt better. So I won't be that disappointed if I get rejected (although I don't think I was terrible) whereas with King's I don't think I could've done any better.

Ultimately I just wanted to get in SOMEWHERE, so if Notts/Southhampton give me an offer (and Bham reject), I'm not sure how I'll decide..

What about you?

Aw, why didn't you go for UCL? Your BMAT didn't need to be that high tbh, a score around 5.0 in both sections would suffice. But I see what you mean XD I was worried about risking a BMAT university because I didn't want to automatically lose one option XD

Haha, I'm completely with you on Birmingham. It was my first one too so I guess the nerves majorly set in. I too could have done better XD maybe we'll see each other at Birmingham next year? XD

My first choices are Birmingham and KCL. I love both so would be happy either way XD then Notts after them. But tbh, anywhere that accepts me I'll go XD
Reply 966
Aw, why didn't you go for UCL? Your BMAT didn't need to be that high tbh, a score around 5.0 in both sections would suffice. But I see what you mean XD I was worried about risking a BMAT university because I didn't want to automatically lose one option XD

Haha, I'm completely with you on Birmingham. It was my first one too so I guess the nerves majorly set in. I too could have done better XD maybe we'll see each other at Birmingham next year? XD

My first choices are Birmingham and KCL. I love both so would be happy either way XD then Notts after them. But tbh, anywhere that accepts me I'll go XD

Honestly it was just laziness, and the thought of revising gcse physics did NOT appeal to me!!!!!! I just wanted to chill in that first term (but a couple of my teachers aren't the best so I did spend that first half term teaching myself their sides of my courses whilst my friends were revising for the BMAT ahaha).

That would be cool, I'll try and remember to check the birms thread if I get an offer to see who else has got in!
Reply 967
Original post by mario64
no 11:15, yeah i guess i repeated myself at times, oh well, just a long wait now

Aha yeah true good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by nerdygeek101
hey i think i had my interview on the same day and time as yours- can you remember what colour group you were in ?/

I was in green - the one furthest to the right
Wbu?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Tania Usman
I was in green - the one furthest to the right
Wbu?

Posted from TSR Mobile

the middle row- i was blue :O
Does anyone know how much patient contact is there in the first year of medicine at king's?
Hi, I'm a first year medical student at King's and I'm just popping in to answer your question. We get 4 GP visits (2 of which are home visits) and 2 hospital visits, so we do get some patient contact from early on. I hope this answers your question.
Original post by Medical-al
Hi, I'm a first year medical student at King's and I'm just popping in to answer your question. We get 4 GP visits (2 of which are home visits) and 2 hospital visits, so we do get some patient contact from early on. I hope this answers your question.

Hi! I have a few questions - would you mind answering them?
1) Would you say the medical school is quite disorganised? I've heard a bit about that recently
2) How seriously is the rivalry with UCL taken?
Hi! I have a few questions - would you mind answering them?
1) Would you say the medical school is quite disorganised? I've heard a bit about that recently
2) How seriously is the rivalry with UCL taken?

I'd be happy to.

1) The administration at King's isn't the best in the world - we do seldom get notified on things later than we really should. However, from my experience of having spent a term at King's only one of the lectures had been cancelled for appropriate reasons and rescheduled very efficiently. We got notified about this very quickly. I think King's gets a lot of criticism because of its supposed disorganisation, but I can't blame them because we're such a huge medical school and there's so much to deal with.
2) I really don't think that rivalry with other medical school should be taken seriously. All medical schools strive to achieve higher on university ranking tables, and people joke about prestige and what not but it really doesn't affect you at all - no one is going to judge which medical school you graduated from!

Hope this helps.
(edited 8 years ago)
Hi, I was wondering if you can answer my question, is the teaching structure lectures-based? Is there any PBL? It wasn't clear on the website. It would be great if you can explain to me how the course structure is at kings. Thanks
Original post by yoyo.sat
Hi, I was wondering if you can answer my question, is the teaching structure lectures-based? Is there any PBL? It wasn't clear on the website. It would be great if you can explain to me how the course structure is at kings. Thanks

Hey, no worries. The teaching style at King's is largely lecture based. We do get problem solving workshops, tutorials and supplementary group work all of which I find extremely useful because it covers the material that was said during the lectures and the workshops endeavour to extend that by talking about the clinical implications and relevance. I guess this is similar to the PBL styled teaching but it only makes up a small portion of the course.

I hope this make sense.
Ohh okay thank you, that was really helpful

What would you say are the pros and cons of going to Kings?
I'm sorry if this has already been asked, but what important medical research is kings doing at the moment?
X

Hey, could you describe what the timetable looks like for a typical week? :smile:

Latest