The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Yeah I reckon UTD will leave with a point tbh
Original post by WalkingAbortion
that's a joke right? surely we aren't so desperate as to sign people like Charlie Austin?

there's tons of much better strikers out there we should be after instead.

Like Harry Kane for £50m :lol:
No idea what to expect today.

As others have said I'm still not confident Woodward has the balls to do the right thing even if we lose.

But **** losing to Liverpool. We need to turn up today and show a bit of fight. Or forget top 4.. it's over.

Both teams are ****e this season let's be fair. Except that Liverpool already have their new manager and haven't yet shot up the table. If they win today that'll help. If Utd win today then Van Gaal will get some relief off the press, for now.

My bets? A 1-1 draw. Could easily go ether way though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
A point? Nah

2-0 win for the red devils :h:

#ComeOnUTD
Original post by sr90
Will you disappear for a week again if Liverpool lose today?

First of all, what are you even doing?

Secondly, I was confident we would win last time. I'm not in this game.
Jan Hagen says we've sent scouts to watch Benfica 3 times in the past 2 weeks, watching them beat Estorli 2-1 last night. Our target is reportedly Renato Sanches who Jan describes as a 'revelation' in Benfica's midfield; https://twitter.com/PortuBall/status/688692925681762304
Original post by hayles101
No idea what to expect today.

As others have said I'm still not confident Woodward has the balls to do the right thing even if we lose.

But **** losing to Liverpool. We need to turn up today and show a bit of fight. Or forget top 4.. it's over.

Both teams are ****e this season let's be fair. Except that Liverpool already have their new manager and haven't yet shot up the table. If they win today that'll help. If Utd win today then Van Gaal will get some relief off the press, for now.

My bets? A 1-1 draw. Could easily go ether way though.

Posted from TSR Mobile

If we play like against Chelsea/City/Arsenal, you've got no chance.
If we play like against Palace/Watford/Newcastle, you'll destroy us.

It might end up somewhere in the middle but unfortunately with our injuries and your generally superior player quality, you're more likely to win.

I'd take a draw but realistically if either of us wants to beat Tottenham to 4th place, we need to win the game.
Original post by Lúcio
First of all, what are you even doing?

Secondly, I was confident we would win last time. I'm not in this game.

I don't think anyone is confident lol

In b4 0-0

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'd tip the winner of the game for top 4. But 2-2 draw my prediction. Hopefully will be exciting!

Posted from TSR Mobile
United XI: De Gea, Young, Smalling, Blind, Darmian, Schneiderlin, Fellaini, Lingard, Herrera, Martial, Rooney
Schneiderlin is going to have to be on top form today with Fellaini next to him, likely to be both Firmino and Lallana + a midfielder trying to get into that space which Fellaini will almost certainly leave wide open. Smalling/Blind can help by being proactive when Firmino rops deep which should help, but I'm not confident (that said I'm not confident witht he other options either so....)
Considering our hilarious set piece defending, playing Fellaini is the best thing you could've done...
Dreading the game... Not too sure what to expect.
We been dreadful away from home our last win coming in november against watford where we needed a 90+ min goal..
Erm why are Loserpool at home again, annoying muppets.
The players have to rise to the ****ing occasion. Such a disappointment seeing Fellani start but if he performs and bullies the Liverpool players then i'll be happy with that. If his performances are like those this season which it probably will be, then he **** off and so can van Gaal.
Original post by WeOnlyLiveOnce
The players have to rise to the ****ing occasion. Such a disappointment seeing Fellani start but if he performs and bullies the Liverpool players then i'll be happy with that. If his performances are like those this season which it probably will be, then he **** off and so can van Gaal.

Pumped for this game!!!! :biggrin:

Have a feeling we will fight till the end!
Original post by trapking
Pumped for this game!!!! :biggrin:

Have a feeling we will fight till the end!

We better fight to the end, it'll be a disgrace if we fail to show up and get thumped. Losing to Liverpool takes weeks to get over, especially if they leap frog up in the league over the next couple of weeks.
Phil Jones is in the away end.
Early warning signs there. Blind and Smalling caught out there by a wonderful pass from Lucas. We're controlling the game which is a positive i guess.

Latest