The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by WeOnlyLiveOnce
Early warning signs there. Blind and Smalling caught out there by a wonderful pass from Lucas. We're controlling the game which is a positive i guess.

we need to be careful not to rush too much in the final third and midfield....liverpool are pressing quite high as expected
Fellaini and Herrera have to drop slightly deeper as Schniederlin moves between the CBs otherwise we end up with no one for them 3 to pass forward to and have o hit the ball long, seen it a few times already.

Also, by my reckoning Lucas should have 2 yellow cards already, but ho-hum.

3 now.
(edited 8 years ago)
hahahaha it wouldn't be a classic game if there isn't any fights :lol:
Our wing play is terrible, Martial and Lingard having no influence on this match at all. Completely wasted.
we are taking tooo long on the ball....need to be quicker! dont allow liverpool to press....also not pressing sakho is a bad idea he's the one who will make mistakes under pressure (should be taking advantage of that)!!!
We are getting exploited here
Composure gone, too much space in front of the back 4 and ineffective going forward, will be very surprised if we get any kind of result now.

Original post by _Morsey_
Our wing play is terrible, Martial and Lingard having no influence on this match at all. Completely wasted.

At this point I'm not even sure why we bother playing with wingers, other than its the 'United Way'...
Original post by trapking
we are taking tooo long on the ball....need to be quicker! dont allow liverpool to press....also not pressing sakho is a bad idea he's the one who will make mistakes under pressure (should be taking advantage of that)!!!

The statement about Sakho is incorrect.
He looks clumsy but the idea he loses possession a lot is a myth.

The reason why you should press him, though, is because he can pick out a pass that completely bypasses your midfield.
what the hell are we doing taking extra touchesss!!! just pass the ball ffs
Original post by Lúcio
The statement about Sakho is incorrect.
He looks clumsy but the idea he loses possession a lot is a myth.

The reason why you should press him, though, is because he can pick out a pass that completely bypasses your midfield.

but that's how arsenal scored some of their goals against you.....Giroud kept putting the pressure on sakho and eventually he started making mistakes in your defence!
Ah **** another injury. Cameron coming LB. Liverpool have been heavily attacking down that side, and now they'll target that side even more.
Original post by trapking
but that's how arsenal scored some of their goals against you.....Giroud kept putting the pressure on sakho and eventually he started making mistakes in your defence!

Ummm, no he didn't...

Ramsey's run for the first was near impossible to track.
The second was from a corner and at least 3 Liverpool players should've stopped it.
The third was a lucky deflection that Giroud took expertly to finish.

The only way you can put the entire blame on Sakho for those goals is if you didn't watch the match and you're making up criticisms...
It's like we aren't even trying ffs

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Lúcio
Ummm, no he didn't...

Ramsey's run for the first was near impossible to track.
The second was from a corner and at least 3 Liverpool players should've stopped it.
The third was a lucky deflection that Giroud took expertly to finish.

The only way you can put the entire blame on Sakho for those goals is if you didn't watch the match and you're making up criticisms...

I'm not making it up I watched the game. Obviously it's natural for you to be all defensive because it's your team I get that...but Sakho get's exposed in a lot of games a lot of commentators have said this as well.
Dead and typical first half. We've had all the possession and Liverpool have had all the chances.
you guys are poo
This is honestly unacceptable. Fair play to Liverpool, they have been the better team this half where as we have been shambolic in defence. What has happened to our organisation; our discipline?
Original post by WeOnlyLiveOnce
Dead and typical first half. We've had all the possession and Liverpool have had all the chances.

I can feel a 0-0 coming....we need to put Memphis and Mata on I reckon
Original post by Mo De Lemone
This is honestly unacceptable. Fair play to Liverpool, they have been the better team this half where as we have been shambolic in defence. What has happened to our organisation; our discipline?

Original post by WalkingAbortion
It's like we aren't even trying ffs

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's clear we came here for the draw. Awful first half from us, just awful.
You see, this is the problem with this Man Utd team for me. The boring football, the lack of goals, etc thats relatively easy fix but what can't be easily fixed is how easily the team gives up, loses composure and seems to accept they are second best.

The first 5 minutes were decent enough. Then Liverpool get a chance and start pressing competently and suddenly no one can make a pass, clearances are weak and straight to opponents even when the ball could easily be taken under control, the passing is unimaginative and speculative largely because the forwards and midfielders seem to show absolutely no desire to have the ball at all, that on top of some questionable desicion making defensively and acres of space in front of Smalling/Blind means we are playing straight into Liverpools hands.

Loss coming unless something changes drastically.

Latest