The Student Room Group

Ask a black activist anything. AMA

Slow day so I thought I'd make my first one.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Danny McCoyne

Do you ever refer to yourself as a 'blacktivist'?
Reply 2

Are you even black or are you white and from Fulham?
Are you as irritating IRL as you are on TSR?
"Stay black" - well you can hardly change it now, can you?
Original post by ivybridge

What are you specifically proud of as a black individual?
Reply 7
Original post by driftawaay

don't hate on number one bae X'D

it doesn't matter if you're black or white :tongue:
Original post by z33
don't hate on number one bae X'D

it doesn't matter if you're black or white :tongue:

Not hating at all, he is my #1 bae as well :tongue:
Why do turtles shave?
Reply 10
Not hating at all, he is my #1 bae as well :tongue:

I was waiting for this. He bleached his skin - he was still black.
Original post by heineken
Do you ever refer to yourself as a 'blacktivist'?

No. But maybe I should.

Original post by SonOfTheGun
Are you as irritating IRL as you are on TSR?

What makes you think I'm irritating on TSR?

It's a calling to remain racially conscious and unashamed of being identified as black in a society that is still systemically killing black people. In other words it's a reminder to be brave.

The LGBT fist in your avatar is a direct rip off from the fist that has been the constant symbol of black power.

Michael was ill. He was an avid supporter of the black community. Don't drag him into this thread. There's nobody in the white community that is half as talented as MJ.
No. But maybe I should.

It's a calling to remain racially conscious and unashamed of being identified as black in a society that is still systemically killing black people. In other words it's a reminder to be brave.

The LGBT fist in your avatar is a direct rip off from the fist that has been the constant symbol of black power.

Michael was ill. He was an avid supporter of the black community. Don't drag him into this thread. There's nobody in the white community that is half as talented as MJ.

You're a bit too extreme. America has an issue with the killing of black people - this is hardly an issue in most other countries such as the UK?

Also, not sure how the fist is a rip off of the black empowerment symbol. The fist has been symbolic in many ways, it isn't a 'black' thing.

"no one as talented that's white" - basically your philosophy is don't be racist unless it's against anybody that isn't black.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Davalla
Are you even black or are you white and from Fulham?

I always get asked this but I have no idea why. To set the record straight. I'm not white. My skin is not translucent.
No. But maybe I should.

Are you some sort of black supremacist

What the hell is "the white community"?
Is using boot polish to dress like your footballing hero ever a good move?

i0j3MfW.jpg
You're a bit too extreme. America has an issue with the killing of black people - this is hardly an issue in most other countries such as the UK?

Also, not sure how the fist is a rip off of the black empowerment symbol. The fist has been symbolic in many ways, it isn't a 'black' thing.

"no one as talented that's white" - basically your philosophy is don't be racist unless it's against anybody that isn't black.

I assure you that racism is not just an overseas issue that we needn't discuss. Racism happens everyday in the UK and people are dying because of it. Black men are still being jailed at a higher rate than the other races for the same crime. Black people are still being denied entry to clubs, restaurants and private spaces because of their skin colour. So, no I'm not being extreme. Racism is killing black and brown people across the globe and the UK is no exception.

Racism against white people doesn't exist FOR the mere fact that black and brown people are not the majority and more importantly we do not have power or privilege that is a requirement for being capable of being racist.
Original post by Dr Pesto
What the hell is "the white community"?

You're right there's no such thing but I was referring to the overseers as a collective.

Quick Reply

Latest