The Student Room Group

Isit crazy to punish objects?

Lets say I accidentally bump into a door, I will get angry and punch the door so I feel like I got even and the door isnt the winner. Just the other day my sister left her empty cup on the floor and I tripped over it so I grabbed it took it to the garage to find my dads tools and was in there for a hour using various different tools to crush it into tiny pieces. Whilst torturing the cup I was insulting it the whole time..

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1
Original post by Souljer
Whilst torturing the cup I was insulting it the whole time..

This isn't normal behaviour
I also rip my papers/certificates to bits if I do badly on them
You're not alone
I don't punish cups randomly lying on the floor for tripping me though
(edited 8 years ago)
If i stub my toe on a door , i might kick it in pain. But to sit there and slowly dismantle it is not normal at all.
Reply 4
But why get defeated by an object

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Savage
Actually, the cup tried to take revenge on you for pouring hot stuff into it for years.
I think it's somewhat normal to, for example, 'hit a door back' in anger after hitting your foot on it, but to actively take a cup away and slowly torture/destroy it while insulting it is certainly worrying behaviour.
I used to do this as a child. I remember nearly slipping over a conker still in it's spiky case, when I was like 10. In a moment of ungovernable anger I threw it at a tree, and it bounced back and hit me in the nuts.
Reply 9
I bite the head off toy soldiers that won't stand up...
Original post by IrrationalRoot
I think it's somewhat normal to, for example, 'hit a door back' in anger after hitting your foot on it, but to actively take a cup away and slowly torture/destroy it while insulting it is certainly worrying behaviour.

Yeah, I do the door thing sometimes...

Spoiler

Original post by leafcannon
Yeah, I do the door thing sometimes...

Spoiler

XD the spoiler.
Yeah I did it this morning so I don't want to say it's abnormal. But then I am abnormal so IDK...

Quick Reply

Latest