The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Decent point, still top and after next week the games get much easier. To be top potentially having played Stoke Pool and Chelsea twice is strong.

Think we'd win the league so long as we're within 5 points of City with 9 games to go. Our last 9 games we only face City and West Ham from the top half, both away, bar that we have 5 home games against dross and 2 away games to Sunderland and Everton. Would expect 22 points MINIMUM from that last 9.

The completely unreasonable negative posts from some people on here is getting tiresome, I'd love us to stuff City United, Spurs and Everton just so Shawn will stop posting such poverty posts.
Original post by shawn_o1
2 out of 18. City, Everton, Spurs, Utd. Take your pick

(I don't understand why managers sometimes don't make all their substitutions)

Win Win Draw Draw, quote me
Only way we can lose the title now is if City go on some inhumane run now. Which tbh, they are capable of.
Original post by leinad2012
Decent point, still top and after next week the games get much easier. To be top potentially having played Stoke Pool and Chelsea twice is strong.

Think we'd win the league so long as we're within 5 points of City with 9 games to go. Our last 9 games we only face City and West Ham from the top half, both away, bar that we have 5 home games against dross and 2 away games to Sunderland and Everton. Would expect 22 points MINIMUM from that last 9.

The completely unreasonable negative posts from some people on here is getting tiresome, I'd love us to stuff City United, Spurs and Everton just so Shawn will stop posting such poverty posts.

So, we play City, Everton and West Ham away and you still expect us to only drop 5 points MAXIMUM?

22/27 is doable but I think it's ridiculous to call that the minimum expectation. It's not at all unrealistic to think that we lose to City and drop points at West Ham and Everton.
Reply 3064
We will beat Everton and west ham, lose to spurs and draw to city

Posted from TSR Mobile
It seems the general feeling is that was a good point and we've done well top be top at this stage of the season. I couldn't disagree more, honestly. Last two games were good indicators as to whether we'd do well in the title race this season. We came out as losers.

Blowing a 2-3 lead in the last minute at Anfield (like last season) and failing to win this game when Stoke were pretty ****ing sh*t. Only positive I can take from this is Cech and look forward to our players coming back (we say this EVERY season). I'm starting to get pissed off with those sick-notes though and we should be looking to bin the regulars who miss half of the season, waste of money.

We'd do very well to win the title this season, but honestly can't see it happening.
Original post by Tom.x.Gotze
Only way we can lose the title now is if City go on some inhumane run now. Which tbh, they are capable of.

They're 1 point behind you?
Original post by difeo
They're 1 point behind you?

Yeah, and they can run away with the title, they have it in them. But then again their big players may flop too.
Original post by Tom.x.Gotze
Yeah, and they can run away with the title, they have it in them. But then again their big players may flop too.

I meant your post makes it sounds like you're well clear at the top and they'd have to go on a crazy run to overhaul you, but there's 1 point in it so they'd pretty much just have to match your form rather than anything incredible
As far as each team go in the Champions League/FA Cup will hinder their title push. If Leicester were to get knocked out by Spuds and sign a player or two I think they have a genuine shot.
Considering City are bi-polar and Arsenal are experts at bottling it, I think its a bit too early to judge who's winning the title.
Original post by Rk2k14
Considering City are bi-polar and Arsenal are experts at bottling it, I think its a bit too early to judge who's winning the title.

Each team has it's weaknesses.

Arsenal's reliance on certain players/odd results/other competitions/history of bottling

City's reliance on certain players/other competitions

Leicester's squad and reliance on two players in particular

Spuds (hilarious) history of bottling it, need a better back up striker
Original post by Jimmy Seville
Each team has it's weaknesses.

Arsenal's reliance on certain players/odd results/other competitions/history of bottling

City's reliance on certain players/other competitions

Leicester's squad and reliance on two players in particular

Spuds (hilarious) history of bottling it, need a better back up striker

Yeah I know, so don't get why predictions are being made. Next week it'll be "we're ****. City are walking this".
Original post by dairychocolate
So, we play City, Everton and West Ham away and you still expect us to only drop 5 points MAXIMUM?

22/27 is doable but I think it's ridiculous to call that the minimum expectation. It's not at all unrealistic to think that we lose to City and drop points at West Ham and Everton.

It's not unrealistic, but to deserve to win the title we should be beating one of them
Original post by Rk2k14
Yeah I know, so don't get why predictions are being made. Next week it'll be "we're ****. City are walking this".

Well there's no point making predictions once it's already become obvious what will happen
Original post by difeo
Well there's no point making predictions once it's already become obvious what will happen

Theres no point making predictions if you're going to change them a week later m9.
Original post by Rk2k14
Theres no point making predictions if you're going to change them a week later m9.

yh but you said it's too early to predict, well no that's the point of predictions fam
Original post by difeo
yh but you said it's too early to predict, well no that's the point of predictions fam

Too early to predict because its too tight atm. In terms of who is ahead out of the two teams and like I mentioned before one is bi-polar and the other bottlers.
Original post by Rk2k14
Too early to predict because its too tight atm. In terms of who is ahead out of the two teams and like I mentioned before one is bi-polar and the other bottlers.

which is why we're gonna win it
Wenger has never beaten a Mark Hughes team away from home. Alarming stat

Latest