The Student Room Group
Students outside, University of Hertfordshire
University of Hertfordshire
Hatfield
Visit website

Adult Nursing Sept 2016

Anyone applying for adult nursing in september & is doing or has done their interview??
Original post by Shams119
Anyone applying for adult nursing in september & is doing or has done their interview??

I've done my interview for adult nursing starting in September!☺️

Posted from TSR Mobile
Students outside, University of Hertfordshire
University of Hertfordshire
Hatfield
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by jesslouisexo

Posted from TSR Mobile

Please help me! I have my interview This week Wednesday. What did they ask you? And what were the English and Math tests like? Also how long did it take for them to reply and what grades did you have before hand?
Original post by tailred
Please help me! I have my interview This week Wednesday. What did they ask you? And what were the English and Math tests like? Also how long did it take for them to reply and what grades did you have before hand?

You'll be fine! It's not as bad as you think it'll be! The maths and English tests were fine - maths was slightly difficult but it was just basic maths and the practice paper the send you is great help! English was multiple choice and very easy! I can't say exactly what they asked but just make sure you know why you want to be a nurse and look up the 6 C's and maybe have a look at the current health issues in the news! It took about two weeks for them to get back to me but they say they should reply within 10 days. I have a BTEC level 3 extended diploma in health and social care with the grades D* D* D*

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
You'll be fine! It's not as bad as you think it'll be! The maths and English tests were fine - maths was slightly difficult but it was just basic maths and the practice paper the send you is great help! English was multiple choice and very easy! I can't say exactly what they asked but just make sure you know why you want to be a nurse and look up the 6 C's and maybe have a look at the current health issues in the news! It took about two weeks for them to get back to me but they say they should reply within 10 days. I have a BTEC level 3 extended diploma in health and social care with the grades D* D* D*

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you so much! Hopefully i'll see you at Hertfordshire next year! Also should i look up current health issues based around nursing and health? And what is the pass mark for the tests? And what was the multiple choice for the English like? i have not done any revision for the English test.

Sorry for all the question btw.
Original post by tailred
Thank you so much! Hopefully i'll see you at Hertfordshire next year! Also should i look up current health issues based around nursing and health? And what is the pass mark for the tests? And what was the multiple choice for the English like? i have not done any revision for the English test.

Sorry for all the question btw.

No problem! Yes fingers crossed for you!☺️ honestly they are all really nice and you'll be fine! Yes - just anything recent relating nursing or health! I'm not sure the exact pass rates. I know that you have to pass the maths test to go on to have an interview but the pass mark for maths isn't a lot - only about 5 people out of 30 didn't get through to the interview stage! English was just like spelling, grammar, vocabulary.. Much easier than the essay type tests I've had at other interviews! I didn't revise at all for English - I don't think you need to ☺️

If you've got any other questions feel free to message me!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
No problem! Yes fingers crossed for you!☺️ honestly they are all really nice and you'll be fine! Yes - just anything recent relating nursing or health! I'm not sure the exact pass rates. I know that you have to pass the maths test to go on to have an interview but the pass mark for maths isn't a lot - only about 5 people out of 30 didn't get through to the interview stage! English was just like spelling, grammar, vocabulary.. Much easier than the essay type tests I've had at other interviews! I didn't revise at all for English - I don't think you need to ☺️

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you so much!
Reply 7

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh cool, what questions did you get asked. I have mine on Wednesday!
Oh cool, what questions did you get asked. I have mine on Wednesday!

I can't say exactly what we was asked as you're not allowed to discuss your interview but just standard interview stuff!☺️

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
hi i have a interview for hertfordshire i want to know what type of questions come up on the maths please. Also how was the interview. sorry to ask thank you
Reply 10
Original post by tailred
Thank you so much!

hi i have a nursing interview at herts im really scared about the group interview can you please tell me how it was.
Original post by deqa123
hi i have a nursing interview at herts im really scared about the group interview can you please tell me how it was.

Just make sure you get involved, verbally. You will be fine.
Reply 12
Well in mine just make sure you know fractions, precentages, measurement etc. It was really easy tbh everyone passed except 4 people. You'll be fine. The interviews itself was very good, just make sure for the group one you get involved otherwise it wont look good! Good luck x
Hi, im doing children's nursing but are the nursing interviews at Hertfordshire MMI's or normal interview?
Reply 14
Original post by _melissamitchel
Hi, im doing children's nursing but are the nursing interviews at Hertfordshire MMI's or normal interview?

Just normal interviews
Just normal interviews

Thanks! roughly how many questions do they ask?
Reply 16
Thanks! roughly how many questions do they ask?

mixture of scenerio questions and like normal questions, cant rememeber how many, roughly around 3/4
Reply 17

Posted from TSR Mobile

found your post really helpful.. I have my interview this Wed 10th and am a bit anxious.
Reply 18
Original post by tailred
Just make sure you get involved, verbally. You will be fine.

ok thank you

Hey I got an offer from Herts for children's nursing and I've accepted it as my firm. How was your interview? :smile:

Quick Reply