The Student Room Group

Girls, which of these are turn offs?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Tom Jickleson
What if I'm skinny and fat - finny? Is that good enough? Do you like me now? Huh? Whatchu say lil gurl? You like that huh?

"Finny"... do you have scales too? :/
Oh ****, what's wrong with comic books? so many have said it's a turn off but didn't really explain why.
Original post by AmazingArry
How do you feel about the results of the thread?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Mixed. On the one hand it mostly seems to be just smokers, which is fine with me as I can understand it and it doesn't have any impact on me.

Disappointed with some of the replies about not dating a skinny man. I'm just below average body type, so I don't take it too personally, but it's disappointing to see so many girls write off a bloke based on their body type, considering guys get criticised for the same thing. Funnily enough, I have *never* met a man that would totally write a woman off based on their body type. To each their own, though. They're missing out on some good men.
I don't get it either. TBH I've met guys like you that are great and I haven't written them off... The whole appeal with being built has always eluded me. Unless your an athlete there's no need to go that obsessed with your body type. People should like you for how you are as a person without the exterior taken much into account.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I don't know if my comment made it seem like I'd totally write off a skinny man, but I'd only be put off by it if it they were so skinny they would likely have health problems. As I don't want to date someone who doesn't take care of themselves enough to even have somewhat normal health, as for me health is a big concern. So I'm talking Christian bale in the machinest skinny, not your average skinny guy.
Only really smoking
Original post by AmazingArry
I don't get it either. TBH I've met guys like you that are great and I haven't written them off... The whole appeal with being built has always eluded me. Unless your an athlete there's no need to go that obsessed with your body type. People should like you for how you are as a person without the exterior taken much into account.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I wish there were more people like you around. Trust me; being a non-built guy amongst built guys isn't exactly the greatest.

Original post by SophieSmall
I don't know if my comment made it seem like I'd totally write off a skinny man, but I'd only be put off by it if it they were so skinny they would likely have health problems. As I don't want to date someone who doesn't take care of themselves enough to even have somewhat normal health, as for me health is a big concern. So I'm talking Christian bale in the machinest skinny, not your average skinny guy.

Of course. Sometimes people are unhealthily thin, or fat, and often too lazy to change it. Then there's those that can't help it. There's lots of different variables. I'm happy with my body even if I weren't going to the gym (I look slightly toned now, yay! Not that anyone will notice), it's just unfortunate for men like myself or skinnier because we're not exactly first choice (from my experience anyway).
Reply 87
None of them are turn offs for me
eh I don't think it's quite as black and white as that, anyone who bases which guy they will go out with purely from aesthetics clearly would't be a good partner nor in it for the long hall. So unless you're looking for one night stands I honestly don't think you are at that much of a disadvantage at all. I've dated skinny men, average men and overweight men and men some would deem complete unattractive. Not once did I sit down and think to myself "hmm, should I go out with this guy even though he's not aesthetically perfect". It was 100% personality.
eh I don't think it's quite as black and white as that

Of course not, but it's an internet forum so I shan't bother writing an essay. I've just finished all my uni assignments thank you very much. :tongue:

Not once did I sit down and think to myself "hmm, should I go out with this guy even though he's not aesthetically perfect". It was 100% personality.

Sadly not everyone thinks the same way you do.
I'd hazard a bet as to say more women think closer to my side than the side of "ew no he's not perfect".
I'd hazard a bet as to say more women think closer to my side than the side of "ew no he's not perfect".

Those women need to come over to my neck of the woods then. :biggrin:
Ditto, you seem like a nice enough fella. You know what turns me off... High maintenance, arrogant, gym freaks.
I admit some girls are really superficial but they deserve to be with superficial guys.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Smoking, comic books and video games. And the sarcasm if it's persistent and incessant.
Original post by IFoundWonderland
I don't mind occasional social smoking, but would hate it if it were a regular habit/addiction.

Define 'regular.' :3
Ladies, pack you bags. :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 96
Original post by Anonymous
How skinny is a turn off

It's obvious she wants a man who can lift her off her feet whilst singing a Bollywood song to her as they dance around some trees in the middle of a mountainous forest.

Pfft, do you not even know the first thing about women? :colonhash:

As someone who could be declared "skinny" but also having a slightly squidgy stomach, I'm a bit confused as to where all this leaves me :sigh:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Hydeman
Define 'regular.' :3

Daily
Original post by IFoundWonderland
Daily

How about smoking two days' worth on alternate days? :wink:
Original post by Hydeman
How about smoking two days' worth on alternate days? :wink:

You caught me out :tongue:
Twice a week max I think. Maybe three on each occasion.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending