The Student Room Group

Gender Peace (Anti Feminist + Misogynist)

Despite of so many wars in the world this is one that hasn't really ended and there should be a resolution for a revolution between the "Battle Of The Sexes!"

Scroll to see replies

That's a very interesting sentence you've got there. One I'm not quite sure I fully understand...
Reply 2
Original post by Drunk Punx
That's a very interesting sentence you've got there. One I'm not quite sure I fully understand...

it's simple but just let it resonate... Opposites do attract but attack basicually and there should be a resolution for it.
Reply 3
Original post by Gee2016
Despite of so many wars in the world this is one that hasn't really ended and there should be a resolution for a revolution between the "Battle Of The Sexes!"

What point are you trying to make??
Reply 4
Original post by JHPSC96
What point are you trying to make??

The title speaks for itself...
Reply 5
Original post by Gee2016
The title speaks for itself...

Okay I'll be more specific, whats you're opinion on the matter? If you only got one chance to say what you wanted on gender equality and peace, what would you say??
Reply 6
Original post by JHPSC96
Okay I'll be more specific, whats you're opinion on the matter? If you only got one chance to say what you wanted on gender equality and peace, what would you say??

I truly think that men and women need eachother more than they think they dont but even though we're design differently, it doesn't mean we have to mistreat each other either.

This might be out of topic but when I did stay in NYC I've notice 2 situations of a woman be found using the mens bathroom and men were shocked but didn't bother her either and I've used a bathroom at a nightclub that was unisex while both males and females were allowed to use it at the same time without any problems either even though there was a security guard standing next to the bathroom, haha...
Reply 7
Original post by Gee2016
I truly think that men and women need eachother more than they think they dont but even though we're design differently, it doesn't mean we have to mistreat each other either.

This might be out of topic but when I did stay in NYC I've notice 2 situations of a woman be found using the mens bathroom and men were shocked but didn't bother her either and I've used a bathroom at a nightclub that was unisex while both males and females were allowed to use it at the same time without any problems either even though there was a security guard standing next to the bathroom, haha...

Okay, so why were you being so mysogynistic earlier and now you seem to be on the feminist bandwagon? It's really great that you seem to have had a change in opinion but what caused that??
Reply 8
Original post by JHPSC96
Okay, so why were you being so mysogynistic earlier and now you seem to be on the feminist bandwagon? It's really great that you seem to have had a change in opinion but what caused that??

I'm neutral basicually, I'm not on either side plus I believe you took it personal and misquoted me earlier. I did mention that the author of the old forum was being shallow etc.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 9
Original post by Gee2016
I'm neutral baicually, I'm not on either side plus I believe you took it personal and misquoted me earlier. I did mention that the author of the old forum was being shallow etc.

So you don't believe in equality for men, women and people of other/no gender??
Reply 10
Original post by JHPSC96
So you don't believe in equality for men, women and people of other/no gender??

I believe that we as human species need to evolve more better than what we've have and stop all this discrimation between man vs women, girl vs boy and blks vs. whites etc.
Original post by Gee2016
I believe that we as human species need to evolve more better than what we've have and stop all this discrimation between man vs women, girl vs boy and blks vs. whites etc.

You realise that you're a feminist :smile: you believe in equality, that is all feminism is. Good for you : )
Reply 12
Original post by JHPSC96
You realise that you're a feminist :smile: you believe in equality, that is all feminism is. Good for you : )

Like I've said i'm neither. Feminists discriminate against men. More than anything my title is just "Human"
Original post by Gee2016
Like I've said i'm neither. Feminists discriminate against men. More than anything my title is just "Human"

No that isn't what feminism is at all. Feminism is given a bad reputation because of man-haters. Feminism and man-hating are two very different things and you shouldn't confuse the two.
Feminism is the belief that men and women are created equal and thus should be treated as such.
Man-hating is a group of people who hate men (also known as misandry).
You refuse to call yourself a feminist because of what you think it represents. I hope this has changed your mind : )
Reply 14
Original post by JHPSC96
No that isn't what feminism is at all. Feminism is given a bad reputation because of man-haters. Feminism and man-hating are two very different things and you shouldn't confuse the two.
Feminism is the belief that men and women are created equal and thus should be treated as such.
You refuse to call yourself a feminist because of what you think it represents. I hope this has changed your mind : )

I see where you're getting at but a lot of male bashers either label or disguise themselves as feminists too, I hope this enlighten yours...
Original post by JHPSC96

That belief isn't bound to Feminism though, the belief of Feminism is that women are not equal to men and it's theory for this is The Patriarchy™. Believing in equality of the sexes does not make you a Feminist. The only thing that makes you a feminist is if you label yourself as such. It's like if I said to you "Do you believe in Anti-Smoking laws?" and you said yes then it'd be like me saying "Oh, you're a Nazi then!" Since Nazis advocated for smoking prohibitions.
Also, Feminist and misandry aren't mutually exclusive. You can have good feminists and you can have bad feminists. You don't get to choose who is or is not a feminist just because you think they're bad. Feminism is a movement, it's 'bad reputation' is because of what happens within that movement not because of what feminism is in your idea. There are a lot of Misandrist feminists out there and their voices are often the ones most heard, hence the bad rep. Ignoring them and saying "Oh they're not /real/ feminists" isn't going to solve anything.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 16
Original post by eternaforest
That belief isn't bound to Feminism though, the belief of Feminism is that women are not equal to men and it's theory for this is The Patriarchy™. Believing in equality of the sexes does not make you a Feminist. The only thing that makes you a feminist is if you label yourself as such. It's like if I said to you "Do you believe in Anti-Smoking laws?" and you said yes then it'd be like me saying "Oh, you're a Nazi then!" Since Nazis advocated for smoking prohibitions.
Also, Feminist and misandry aren't mutually exclusive. You can have good feminists and you can have bad feminists. You don't get to choose who is or is not a feminist just because you think they're bad. Feminism is a movement, it's 'bad reputation' is because of what happens within that movement not because of what feminism is in your idea. There are a lot of Misandrist feminists out there and their voices are often the ones most heard, hence the bad rep. Ignoring them and saying "Oh they're not /real/ feminists" isn't going to solve anything.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you so much for that, point given "Feminism" is basicually a "Title" and I dont consider or label myself one!
Original post by Gee2016
Thank you so much for that, point given "Feminism" is basicually a "Title" and I dont consider or label myself one!

Exactly. Too many people are duped into calling themselves feminists simply for having the belief that sexes should be equal and then not realising what else feminism entails.
Reply 18
Exactly. Too many people are duped into calling themselves feminists simply for having the belief that sexes should be equal and then not realisin
g what else feminism entails.

You're a genius, Thanks!

Some people like that think they all know it all though, I was always told 'Ignorance is bliss.'

Posted from TSR Mobile

You've completely missed the point. Feminism is ONLY the belief that men and women should be equal. Nothing else. Nazi's were not predominantly against smoking and you know that so please do not compare the two. I did not say anyone is a good or bad feminist, I'm saying that if you're against men or against women or anybody being treated equal then you are not a feminist. I am not choosing who is or isn't, I am not the sounding board of feminism; by not supporting the equality of each and every human you are declaring that you are not a feminist.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending