The Student Room Group

What is the meaning behind your TSR name?

Scroll to see replies

I'm not actually a real prince, but I do have a pretty fine bum
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
Lmao why did you panic?

Lol, not a physiological panic attack but I was like argh I need a noun. I need something to be ethereal. And then nymph came to mind and I just went for it :wink:
My user name from runescape when I was in Y6... was the first one that came to mind :biggrin:
Original post by Amellia123
My user name from runescape when I was in Y6... was the first one that came to mind :biggrin:

Runescape lawl.. Now that's a name I haven't heard in a long time.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 84
It means man-maiden.

(Also, it was the name Galadriel's mother gave her because of her build and will.)
I jave no idea, it was the first thing that came to mind when I registered
Original post by IFoundWonderland
I love Alice in Wonderland. I love Taylor Swift. TS has a song called Wonderland about a whirlwind romance that only really exists in fantasy land. Yet they found this 'wonderland' that is this romance. I just really love the erratic tone of the song and the extended metaphor used. Also the theme of illusion and madness and sense of time running out linked in with my own philosophy about life (kind of deep for a Taylor Swift song I know); it reminded me of Plato's Theory of Forms :lol:. Indeed, Carroll's book does just that - what is real? One of the lyrics in the song is "we found wonderland". I just altered it for my own agenda :tongue:.

New favourite person. This comment is so great.
Original post by Hodor_van_Groot

Posted from TSR Mobile

I used to think I was so cool as well for being the only girl in my class who played it :biggrin: Ahh brings back memories :biggrin:
Reply 88

Posted from TSR Mobile

RS are celebrating their 15th anniversary on the site this month. I don't know why, but that makes me feel weird.
Original post by EtherealNymph22
New favourite person. This comment is so great.

Thank you :hat2:
We did Much Ado About Nothing in English back in year 9 and I was assigned the role of Don Pedro when reading the play xD It became a nickname and even the teacher called me it!
Thank you :hat2:

My SO is a music snob and I've always tried to convey that her songs do actually have meaning and are not trash. This comment is being used as ammo. What do you think of her new stuff vs old stuff though?
Just wondering how people got to their TSR usernames? Some are obvious but some are obscure.

For me: I love the word ethereal, nymph- I panicked and have no idea why I chose that :s and 22- favourite number.

A love of mythology, the Welsh, and art.
The funny thing is, I came up with this username two years ago. Around Christmas time. It's been my longest in-use username.
My SO is a music snob and I've always tried to convey that her songs do actually have meaning and are not trash. This comment is being used as ammo. What do you think of her new stuff vs old stuff though?

Oh I really do think her songs have meaning; she writes them herself, which is so rare for an artist nowadays. I'm really into symbolism and metaphor and meaning - her songs are full of it. Her earlier songs convey teenage innocence, compared to her newer songs, which, on the whole, are far more maturely written. I think it's a shame that she doesn't release the better written songs such as 'Wonderland' and 'Wildest Dreams' as singles, but instead goes for crap like 'Shake It Off'. When choosing what to listen to, it totally depends on what mood I'm in. I used to love the idea of fairytale romance found in 'Fearless' and 'Speak Now', but now I'm more cynical and have come to favour her newer songs, which I think are also quite cynical. What do you think?
I love Alice in Wonderland. I love Taylor Swift. TS has a song called Wonderland about a whirlwind romance that only really exists in fantasy land. Yet they found this 'wonderland' that is this romance. I just really love the erratic tone of the song and the extended metaphor used. Also the theme of illusion and madness and sense of time running out linked in with my own philosophy about life (kind of deep for a Taylor Swift song I know); it reminded me of Plato's Theory of Forms :lol:. Indeed, Carroll's book does just that - what is real? One of the lyrics in the song is "we found wonderland". I just altered it for my own agenda :tongue:.

I love Wonderland! Such a good song :h: didn't realise your username was a reference to it :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Changing Skies
I love Wonderland! Such a good song :h: didn't realise your username was a reference to it :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I know!! Definitely my favourite song by her. Haha I didn't want it to be too obvious; wouldn't want to come across as a fangirl :ninja:
Original post by Amellia123
I used to think I was so cool as well for being the only girl in my class who played it :biggrin: Ahh brings back memories :biggrin:

Well you were a kewl gurl indeed. It was a pretty simple yet amazing game. Ahhhh good times..

Original post by Nerwen
RS are celebrating their 15th anniversary on the site this month. I don't know why, but that makes me feel weird.

Damn. I started playing RS almost 10 years ago. Now I feel weird too ;_;

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 97

Damn. I started playing RS almost 10 years ago. Now I feel weird too ;_;

Posted from TSR Mobile

I still play it... :ashamed:

Generally after mid-term exams and end of term exams, but it keeps changing and I can't be bothered with keeping up.
Reply 98
It's my initials, with a 1 at the end. Because I couldn't think of anything else and in a hurry and perhaps made back in a more innocent time when I didn't think of what else it might stand for...

Should've put my middle name in to make it bsj1 instead!
I'm a sucker for anime TV shows so that's where my name derives from.

Quick Reply

Latest