The Student Room Group

Calais refugees attack and mug journalists

[video="youtube;26TcZorLdok"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26TcZorLdok[/video]

"While shooting for their independent production 'Calais: Welcome to the Jungle. ' photographer Teun Voeten and video artist Maaike Engels were mugged by three refugees armed with pepper spray and a big knife."

http://www.breitbart.com/london/2016/01/16/journalists-attacked-in-calais-migrant-camp/

"Members of the Calais Migrant Solidarity group have urged them to remove the clip from the Internet, stating menacingly: “You are not doing yourself a favour by putting it online as I think this is not what you came for to Calais…”

Scroll to see replies

I do not think this is true as according to Islam, it is impossible for a Muslim to be violent
Reply 2
I think we should accept the old, women and children who are fleeing war torn countries not young men who should stay and fight for their country. They also tend to be the ones that are giving the other refugees a bad rap.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by The Reality
I do not think this is true as according to Islam, it is impossible for a Muslim to be violent

I'm guessing that's sarcasm? No one is perfect and no one claims that all Muslims aren't violent. Islam teaches us not to resort to violence however obviously not every Muslim follows this.
Original post by AzimHV2
I'm guessing that's sarcasm? No one is perfect and no one claims that all Muslims aren't violent. Islam teaches us not to resort to violence however obviously not every Muslim follows this.

Not sarcasm. Islam states that a Muslim is peaceful and tolerant so that is why I can not believe this
Surely if the west actually satisfied the needs of the Muslim community by respecting the ideals and incorporating their needs into the system, it would be a better place?

Not sarcasm. Islam states that a Muslim is peaceful and tolerant so that is why I can not believe this

Surely if the west actually satisfied the needs of the Muslim community by respecting the ideals and incorporating their needs into the system, it would be a better place?

Nice bait :colonhash:
Reply 7

Islam doesn't state Muslims are peaceful. It teaches us to be peaceful and civilized and says muslims should be peaceful. Just because they are refugees doesn't mean they follow Islam. They may follow a different faith or perhaps are muslim by name and do not practice it. We will never truly know. No one is perfect and these muggers are scum.

The west doesn't need muslims,

muslims need the west, so why would we bend over backwards to do so?
Original post by AzimHV2
Islam doesn't state Muslims are peaceful. It teaches us to be peaceful and civilized and says muslims should be peaceful. Just because they are refugees doesn't mean they follow Islam. They may follow a different faith or perhaps are muslim by name and do not practice it. We will never truly know. No one is perfect and these muggers are scum.

Don't be Islamophobic. Muslims are peaceful, what are you trying to say?
Reply 10
Original post by NickLCFC
Nice bait :colonhash:

My thoughts exactly lol. Probably a dupe account.
Original post by The Genghis Khan
The west doesn't need muslims,

muslims need the west, so why would we bend over backwards to do so?

They deserve representation as they are citizens to. It is out of respect. If they want sharia law, are we not as moral citizens requried to give it to them. Freedoms are what we take pride in.
Reply 12
Don't be Islamophobic. Muslims are peaceful, what are you trying to say?

Confirmed you're a troll. I bet you're not even muslim and you're trying to cause tension and division.
They deserve representation as they are citizens to. It is out of respect. If they want sharia law, are we not as moral citizens requried to give it to them. Freedoms are what we take pride in.

troll detected you cant be srs.

>Takes pride in freedom
>Wants Sharia law

sharia law is barbaric
Original post by AzimHV2
Confirmed you're a troll. I bet you're not even muslim and you're trying to cause tension and division.

I already said I am not Muslim in another thread. I am an athiest. I just recognise that Muslims have rights too.
Original post by The Genghis Khan
sharia law is barbaric

But that is not for us to decide. If majority of Muslims want it, are we not required to do so?
But that is not for us to decide. If majority of Muslims want it, are we not required to do so?

no ****ing way
Reply 19

Ahh I see you're so dense.

Quick Reply