The Student Room Group

Jewish peer saves Christian families from ISIS

Fascinating story

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/635295/Jewish-peer-escaped-Nazis-saves-150-trapped-Christians-ISIS-daesh

Lord Weidenfeld is helping fund the rescue missions in Iraq as a way of “repaying his debt” to Christians who he says saved his own life back in 1938.

His charity, the Weidenfeld Fund, has been working with international relief agency The Barnabas Fund and another charity called Foundation Generation 21, based in the Czech Republic.

They have recently saved 37 Iraqi families fleeing their homes after attacks by ISIS.

Lord Weidenfeld was a penniless student when British Quakers helped him reach the UK from Nazi-occupied Austria, just a year before the Second World War started.

Scroll to see replies

ISIS is an Islamophobic term. It is Daesh
It's also fascinating how successful and how much German Jews fleeing from the Nazis have contributed to the world, like Lord Weidenfeld, the Tugendhat brothers (and Sir Michael's son, Tom Tugendhat MP), Ralph Miliband, Max Born, Ernst Chain, Lucian Freud

Can you imagine gangs of immigrant German Jews like Max Born or Lucian Freud's father forming rape gangs to attack native women in the streets?
Original post by The Reality

You think addressing them by what is simply their equivalent Arabic acronym will stop the lopping off heads?
Original post by The Reality

That is completely nonsensical. Da'esh is just the Arabic acronymic name for Islamic State of Iraq and al-Sham (ISIS)
Original post by RegencyTwink
It's also fascinating how successful and how much German Jews fleeing from the Nazis have contributed to the world, like Lord Weidenfeld, the Tugendhat brothers (and Sir Michael's son, Tom Tugendhat MP), Ralph Miliband, Max Born, Ernst Chain, Lucian Freud

Can you imagine gangs of immigrant German Jews like Max Born or Lucian Freud's father forming rape gangs to attack native women in the streets?

Yet despite their achievements and contribution to the world, Europe still saw fit to drive them from their lands and where they remain in large numbers, there are countless instances of anti-semitism.

You'd think that people, especially Europeans, would be more grateful to them but no, they just want to drive them off.

It seems like some Europeans don't need an excuse to display their xenophobia, regardless of whether it be towards rape gangs or Nobel Prize winners.
Original post by TheArtofProtest
Yet despite their achievements and contribution to the world, Europe still saw fit to drive them from their lands and where they remain in large numbers, there are countless instances of anti-semitism.

You'd think that people, especially Europeans, would be more grateful to them but no, they just want to drive them off

You were going on about this on your other thread. It seems like you have a clear agenda to push here.

I'm not going to get involved with this crap
Another top thread from OP.

You'd think that people, especially Europeans, would be more grateful to them but no, they just want to drive them off.

It seems like some Europeans don't need an excuse to display their xenophobia, regardless of whether it be towards rape gangs or Nobel Prize winners.

You are one of the most perplexing posters I have seen on here I must say.
Original post by SonOfTheGun
Another top thread from OP.

Thanks! I must say I'm a bit of a fan of your comments too
Original post by SonOfTheGun
You are one of the most perplexing posters I have seen on here I must say.

Imagine my shock when the Thread Starter repped one of my posts (on his other thread where I highlighted the persecution of Jews) and then not two minutes later, he labelled me a "Nazi".
You think addressing them by what is simply their equivalent Arabic acronym will stop the lopping off heads?

ISIS has the word "Islamic" in the name. That is making out ISIS is linked to Islam. Islam is the religion of peace and ISIS is satanic barbarism. I know you find it hard to see the difference given your 'problem', but that means the two are nothing alike.

That is completely nonsensical. Da'esh is just the Arabic acronymic name for Islamic State of Iraq and al-Sham (ISIS)

I suggest you read a book. For the record, I do not consider you an Islamophobe like ArtOfProtest but you do have tendencies
It's funny how ISIS attack Christians yet Imam Ali (a.s) told us that our Enemies are not the Christian or the Jews, our enemies are ignorance.
Reply 13
Awhhhh that is a great man right there
Imagine my shock when the Thread Starter repped one of my posts (on his other thread where I highlighted the persecution of Jews) and then not two minutes later, he labelled me a "Nazi".

The rep was a mistake.

You linked to a neo-Nazi video from youtube and decided to spread the anti-semitic meme that goes something like "Look how many times the Jews have been expelled, there must be something to it"

I saw that story, it was very heartwarming.
Original post by 31/03/1492
Oh wow. So successful and enriching! Communists and sexual perverts! How lucky we British are to have Jews in our midst.

Piss off, Nazi a-hole.

70 years ago, we used to have people like you for treason. You'e lucky that our forebears fought to make this a free country where you can hold your obscene views
The rep was a mistake.

You linked to a neo-Nazi video from youtube and decided to spread the anti-semitic meme that goes something like "Look how many times the Jews have been expelled, there must be something to it"

I linked to a video that showed how fickle and discriminatory some Europeans were and still are and that it is inherent within some groups to be that way.

You've set a very low bar for being a Neo-Nazi.
I linked to a video that showed how fickle and discriminatory some Europeans were and still are and that it is inherent within some groups to be that way.

You've set a very low bar for being a Neo-Nazi.

The video is one that was put up by Nazis to support their meme of "Look how many times the Jews have been expelled, must be something to it".

It looks very much like you are playing some kind of game, the way you post comes across like you are trying to avoid being modded while spreading the aforesaid meme
Piss off, Nazi a-hole.

70 years ago, we used to hang people like you for treason. You're lucky that our forebears fought to make this a free country where you can hold your obscene views

:five:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending