The Student Room Group
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

Black people at the university

Can anyone tell me if theres that many black students at the university. Like how few?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Chellecharity
Can anyone tell me if theres that many black students at the university. Like how few?

From my experience there are quite a few,,, Mostly from London.
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Depends. If you go somewhere like Cambridge or Oxford there will be very little.

Lancaster is very diverse and multicultural. There are many black students from all over the UK and worldwide.
Reply 4
I was wondering the same thing cause i'll be there this year.
Reply 5
Same here, what course and colleges did you guys apply for?
Reply 6
I'm surprised no one has commented 'OMG that's racist, why would you pick a uni over skin colour blah blah' lol
There will be in London and main cities like birmingham, manchester etc
Reply 8
Law, Bowland and furness. You?

Original post by mango472
Same here, what course and colleges did you guys apply for?
Reply 9
Original post by BioStudentx
Depends. If you go somewhere like Cambridge or Oxford there will be very little.

:colonhash: How dare you!
It's 'there will be very few' not there will be very little'.
Unless you said the number of them was very little, but you didn't, so :colonhash:.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 10
Original post by Kenule
Law, Bowland and furness. You?

Economics and International Relations, for colleges I picked Grizedale and County. Lol Its mad how im always pronouncing Furness as finesse:tongue:
Reply 11
Lol I'm actually surprised it's not a thing.

Economics and International Relations, for colleges I picked Grizedale and County. Lol Its mad how im always pronouncing Furness as finesse:tongue:
Reply 12
Im at UCL doing mech engineering and out of 150 people in the year there are only 3-4 black people.
Reply 13

Reply 14
Original post by Kenule

Yeah ikr, you planning on joining ACS?
Reply 15
Yeah ikr, you planning on joining ACS?

Yeah, are you?
Original post by Kenule
Yeah, are you?

(I know this isn't aimed at me but I also intent to :biggrin:)

You should even be ashamed of yourself for making out that black people going to university is a foreign thing. She even said "how few".

Ridiculous
Original post by Elise213
You should even be ashamed of yourself for making out that black people going to university is a foreign thing. She even said "how few".

Ridiculous

It's not about going to university in general, its about going to Lancaster University specifically. When I went there on the offers day thing I literally counted less than 20 black people in the entire day lmao. Obviously there may be more, but it's likely less common to see black people there compared to some other unis.
Reply 19
Original post by Elise213

Ridiculous

She means Lancaster specifically...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending