The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Lúcio
Yeah because you were clearly superior when SAS destroyed you...

won more trophies that year
Yeah true, we'll never be as irrelevant as Liverpool have been in the past 20 odd years.
Original post by difeo
won more trophies that year

That hurt :frown:
SAS destroyed us...
Original post by Rk2k14
SAS destroyed us...

Cc

DDG made it only 3-0 instead of 10+ :wink:
Massive credit to you guys for keeping him - I always hated Van der Sar for being so good but this guy is world class...
True. Big clubs keep their best players.
Original post by Dirtybit
True. Big clubs keep their best players.

LVG, wrestling and a **** meme, did you just come
Strong
Original post by Pimped Butterfly
LVG, wrestling and a **** meme, did you just come

https://fat.gfycat.com/BoilingCommonFly.webm
Rooney :love:
Original post by Lúcio
Cc

DDG made it only 3-0 instead of 10+ :wink:
Massive credit to you guys for keeping him - I always hated Van der Sar for being so good but this guy is world class...

Can't be bothered to find the quote but didn't you actually predict that you'd dominate us only for de Gea to bail us out and for us to get a 1-0 win?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by qasidb
Can't be bothered to find the quote but didn't you actually predict that you'd dominate us only for de Gea to bail us out and for us to get a 1-0 win?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Pretty much, yeah.
Not to mention that we'd concede from a set-piece/Fellaini contribution.

It was always going to happen though. DDG is unbelievably consistent so he's always going to make those kinds of saves.

You were extremely lucky but we only have ourselves to blame. You merely took your chance.
Fuming the more and more I see that goal.
Original post by Mackay
Fuming the more and more I see that goal.

LVG > Klopp > Liverpool.

:wink:
Beating Liverpool 4 times over the past two years has got to be one of LVG's greatest achievements whilst at United, two wins at Anfield in two years is a commendable achievement, not to mention the two thumping wins at Old Trafford :smile:

Although I am still LVG out, my stance has weakened quite a bit and maybe we should give him till the end of the season and if we miss out on top four then go for the sack.
Original post by SirAlexFerguson
Beating Liverpool 4 times over the past two years has got to be one of LVG's greatest achievements whilst at United, two wins at Anfield in two years is a commendable achievement, not to mention the two thumping wins at Old Trafford :smile:

Although I am still LVG out, my stance has weakened quite a bit and maybe we should give him till the end of the season and if we miss out on top four then go for the sack.

If and that's a big if, we put the ground work in now to sign up Mourinho (Pep is off to City, he is the only one who can compete with him) to join in June.. then I'll be ok with him staying and scraping top 4. Would I like better? Of course but I'm being realistic. Top 4 and Van Gaal moved on this summer would be a great result. That's assuming we don't go and lose or draw the next two games. As we did look rather awful yesterday. But Newcastle was much better.

Alot of rumours Mourinho wants to hold off until the summer before joining. And plenty of reasons why that would make sense for him. He's not picking up a deflated side (as they certainly were when all the sacking chat was going off) in the middle of the season, trying to cover for someone else's mistake. He can start with a clean slate in the summer with all his own signings before he even has to kick a ball. Not to mention he gets until the summer to clear his head and spend time with his family.

All speculation and it could be LVG stays but unless he pulls off a miracle and wins the league or something daft I can't see it. As for Giggs, my opinion is if he was coming in he'd be in already after Norwich Bourmouth or Stoke. Ed apparently doesn't want to give control of the club to the CO92. Scholes doesn't even get free tickets to matches at OT anymore. I can't see him getting it yet. And rightly so. Way too early.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by SirAlexFerguson
Beating Liverpool 4 times over the past two years has got to be one of LVG's greatest achievements whilst at United

Especially the two this season. Man United had 4 shots on target against Liverpool this season - and scored each time. Remarkable.
That efficiency though

Latest