University College London, University of London
University College London
London

UCL Arts and Sciences 2016 Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by greenorange
Has anyone got any offers yet?

I got an offer mid-December :u: have you been to a test day??
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
I received an offer last night 🎆🎆🎉🎉 going to be my firm with Bristol Liberal Arts as my insurance 😁
Original post by IFoundWonderland
I received an offer last night 🎆🎆🎉🎉 going to be my firm with Bristol Liberal Arts as my insurance 😁

Congrats; that's awesome!! :banana: If you don't mind me asking, when did you attend the Open Day?

I took the test in December and the thing that bugs me is that UCL doesn't send regular e-mail updates, so I'm totally in the dark-- I have no idea how close I am to an offer/rejection :tongue:
Original post by laesterherz
Congrats; that's awesome!! :banana: If you don't mind me asking, when did you attend the Open Day?

I took the test in December and the thing that bugs me is that UCL doesn't send regular e-mail updates, so I'm totally in the dark-- I have no idea how close I am to an offer/rejection :tongue:

Thank you!

I went to the open day and did the test on 9th December.

I wasn't expecting to hear back until March :lol: good luck with your application :h:
Reply 44

Congratulations!! :biggrin:What's your major/minor??
Original post by bl4rmy
Congratulations!! :biggrin:What's your major/minor??

Thank you!! 🙌🙌 my major is societies and my minor is health and environment. What about you?
Reply 46
What were the chemistry questions like on the test day? (Do we all get the same questions?.. My open/test day is on the 20th)
Reply 47
Thank you!! 🙌🙌 my major is societies and my minor is health and environment. What about you?

Haha I'm the exact opposite - major is sciences and engineering and minor is cultures :h: I'm so excited!! Can't wait for next year :biggrin:
Original post by bl4rmy
Haha I'm the exact opposite - major is sciences and engineering and minor is cultures :h: I'm so excited!! Can't wait for next year :biggrin:

Hey, Im hoping to major is Science and engineering too :smile: What was the test like for that major? Is there anything at all we can do to prep before hand? :smile:
Original post by laesterherz

Same here lol. I took the test 9th December and thought it went well, but the lack of a reply till now is worrying me to say the least
Original post by theone2498
Same here lol. I took the test 9th December and thought it went well, but the lack of a reply till now is worrying me to say the least

I wouldn't worry too much! Last year I had my interview early december and only received my offer mid-january because UCL closed for christmas holidays so they should be getting back to you in the next few weeks.
Best of luck for your application!
Original post by anchorheart
I wouldn't worry too much! Last year I had my interview early december and only received my offer mid-january because UCL closed for christmas holidays so they should be getting back to you in the next few weeks.
Best of luck for your application!

Thats good to hear! Really want this, the degree seems absolutely amazing :biggrin:
Original post by Abipilk
What were the chemistry questions like on the test day? (Do we all get the same questions?.. My open/test day is on the 20th)

Hey mine is on the 20th too :smile:
Reply 53
Original post by ohchristine
Hey mine is on the 20th too :smile:

What are you major/minoring in?:smile:
Original post by theone2498

Good that I'm not the only one hahah--I felt so good after my test (I took it at home because I'm an international student), but now I'm not so sure anymore haha. Maybe I did some stupid calculation mistake and messed up my maths response or I just wrote much less than the average applicant who took the online test (I'm not a fast typer lol) :tongue:

Which pathways are you planning on doing?
Reply 55
Original post by TheGeekGal
Hey, Im hoping to major is Science and engineering too :smile: What was the test like for that major? Is there anything at all we can do to prep before hand? :smile:

I don't know if they give the same questions on every test day but all I can recommend is to make sure you've revised everything you've done at A2 in your sciences and maths!! Good luck 😎
Original post by bl4rmy
I don't know if they give the same questions on every test day but all I can recommend is to make sure you've revised everything you've done at A2 in your sciences and maths!! Good luck 😎

Ahh, thank you!! We've only covered C3 so far at A2 :O and as for sciences, I only do Chem, which we've done a lot off but I don't how helpful it will be :frown: They told us our lecture, will be something to do with natural hazards? Also, can we use the internet during the test? Also how much of it can you do, based around the lecture they give you? :smile:
Reply 57
Original post by TheGeekGal
Ahh, thank you!! We've only covered C3 so far at A2 :O and as for sciences, I only do Chem, which we've done a lot off but I don't how helpful it will be :frown: They told us our lecture, will be something to do with natural hazards? Also, can we use the internet during the test? Also how much of it can you do, based around the lecture they give you? :smile:

Don't worry, I think the maths we did was only based on C3!! Our lectures were on a different topic though so I can't be sure :frown: as for the sciences, I do maths and further maths (did chemistry at AS but dropped it) and I managed but I did struggle because knowledge of A2 chemistry or physics was definitely expected!! I think I only got away with my poor answer to my second question because of double maths 😂 Out of the four sciences and engineering questions, the first was a compulsory maths one and the other three were definitely based on chemistry and physics so I would look over that a bit too. Don't worry about swotting loads because it's not the sort of test you can revise for and just throw facts at them, it's more of a "can you apply scientific thinking to these situations" and on ours they intentionally talked about an area of science not covered by a level syllabuses so that we were on even ground. Yeah you can use the Internet which I found helpful in my minor question (cultures) because I was able to look up quotes from a book I was writing about, but I didn't use it in the other questions - there wasn't time!! Good luck and enjoy the day at UCL!! Are you going to firm them?

Sorry that's a long one!! Trying to give fair advice without giving too much away is harder than it sounds 😂😂 but I emailed in advance to ask about chemistry and physics because I don't do them so I don't feel too bad about it!!
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Abipilk
What are you major/minoring in?:smile:

Majoring in Health and Environment and minor in Cultures, you?
I have my test day on wednesday! I'm majoring in societies and minoring in sciences & engineering.

Please could those who've already been to the test day please let me know what the dress code is? I'm not sure if it's smart in the way an interview would be or not as it's more of an applicant's day.

If anyone could help, I'd be really grateful!

(this is definitely the most important question to ask :wink: )

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending