The Student Room Group

What's your favourite genre of music?

Poll

What is your favourite genre of music?

The other music genres thread on here made me realise a poll would have been useful.

So I ask what is your fave genre of music, or another way to think about it is, if you could only listen to one genre of music which would it be?
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

not going to vote because its a tie between metal and rock for me
Reply 2
Original post by Straighthate
not going to vote because its a tie between metal and rock for me

I put a gun to your head and tell you you have to pick one otherwise I will blow your brains out. Which do you choose?
It's a close call between Metal and Hip-Hop, but I think I prefer metal a little bit more so I'll go with that
Reply 4
Original post by Zargabaath
It's a close call between Metal and Hip-Hop, but I think I prefer metal a little bit more so I'll go with that

I'm literally exactly same as you. Love metal and hiphop most, but would probably pick metal if forced to.

fave artists in both genres?
Original post by Zweihander.
I'm literally exactly same as you. Love metal and hiphop most, but would probably pick metal if forced to.

fave artists in both genres?

For hip-hop, at the moment, Run the Jewels without a doubt. Metal's a bit harder, probably Lamb of God because they're that one band I always keep coming back to.

What about yourself?
Reply 6
Original post by Zargabaath
For hip-hop, at the moment, Run the Jewels without a doubt. Metal's a bit harder, probably Lamb of God because they're that one band I always keep coming back to.

What about yourself?

bro, we could literally have been separated at birth.

Love both of them. RTJ are like a breath of super fresh air in the rap game, and LoG are easily one of GOAT metal bands - love every album they've put out. Top notch headbanging material \m/

Stuff I've been mostly listening to at the moment in rap is Lil Ugly Mane (if you've heard of him, he just put out a new album), and in metal have recently been listening to Gorgoroth and some of the other legendary black metal bands.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 7
kpop :3
Original post by Zweihander.
bro, we could literally have been separated at birth.

Love both of them. RTJ are like a breath of super fresh air in the rap game, and LoG are easily on of GOAT metal bands - love every album they've put. Top notch headbanging material \m/

Stuff I've been mostly listening to at the moment in rap is Lil Ugly Mane (if you;ve heard of him, he just put out a new album), and in metal have recently been listening to Gorgoroth and some of the other legendary black metal bands.

Hahaha you might be right, I'm also really into black metal :biggrin: I like a lot of the classics like Mayhem, Immortal, Darkthrone ect, although I prefer stuff like Deathspell Omega.
I think my favourite stuff ATM though is the sludgy-doomy side of metal, like EYEHATEGOD, Cough and Indian

I've not heard of him I'm afraid, with Hip-Hop I tend to listen to older stuff like Del the Funky Homosapien. I only actually got into RTJ because of that song they did with Zack de la Rocha.
154 views, but only 9 people voted in the poll so far. Come on TSR (takes literally a sec to click a button)
I love rock and metal pretty much equally, but I'd say I listen to metal more often. So metal :smile:
Original post by Leviathan1741
I love rock and metal pretty much equally, but I'd say I listen to metal more often. So metal :smile:

What rock/metal are you into?
Why is R'n'B grouped with soul, the two are fairly distinct.
Original post by Neurosci
Why is R'n'B grouped with soul, the two are fairly distinct.

u wot m8?

R& B and soul are often grouped together. Soul is just a derivative of R&B.
Original post by Zweihander7
u wot m8?

R& B and soul are often grouped together. Soul is just a derivative of R&B.

Yeah there often grouped together because they are similar but as I said quite distinct, its easy to differentiate a soul song from an R&B song.

I would also argue that jazz and blues should be seperate.
What rock/metal are you into?

Hard rock, and various genres of metal, including folk metal, melodic death metal, heavy metal, thrash metal, industrial metal, doom metal and alternative metal :smile:
Between classical and folk..
Reply 17
I don't know ;_;

I like rock... but I also like pop (Michael Jackson/ Bruno Mars/ Justin Timberlake/ Adam Lambert kind of pop not ****ty pop), and EDM ugh

I just went with rock :rock:
Reply 18
154 views, but only 9 people voted in the poll so far. Come on TSR (takes literally a sec to click a button)

cause you have no "indie rock" option
erb does't fit any of these so yeah i'll stick with that

Quick Reply

Latest