The Student Room Group

US airstrike hits ISIS money store; millions U$D destroyed

A US airstrike has hit an ISIS money storage facility. In the video of the strike you can see the bills floating down by the tens of thousands.

[video="youtube;sgCr8Ljb90g"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sgCr8Ljb90g[/video]

It has also been reported that ISIS has cut its fighters salaries by 50% due to cash flow problems. It seems that the coalition effort to strike their key finance nodes and cash-generating enterprises is making progress

https://twitter.com/CTstudies/status/688773808019361793

Watch out watch out watch out RKO OUTTA NO WHERE
An additional comment. Corbyn and his supporters have repeatedly complained that we shouldn't be attacking ISIS and supporting the Kurds, we should be cutting off their money instead and hoping they fall apart.

This is a dishonest criticism as the US and allies are hitting ISIS' finance nodes and revenue-generating activities. Corbyn makes his usual claim that we have to cut off support from Saudi Arabia, which is a lie in that ISIS gets almost no money from wealthy gulf Arabs. The vast majority of their revenue now comes from taxation of the population, ransoms, larceny, smuggling of ancient artifacts and selling illicit oil. And the Western alliance has been targeting those various cash-generating elements.

But that doesn't suit Corbyn because it doesn't give him an opportunity to deflect attention away from ISIS, and indeed from Assad and Corbyn's favourite fascists the mullahs in Tehran, and instead push the conspiracy theories about Saudi Arabia being the puppetmuster behind ISIS.

The Western alliance's campaign against ISIS is bearing fruit, so get ready for Corbyn to become increasingly hysterical as we see successes. He cannot allow us to win
ironic how these asshats use American $$$$

:hahaha:
Original post by the bear
ironic how these asshats use American $$$$

:hahaha:

Being the conspiracy theorists they are, they buy into all that stuff about the federal reserve, Jews controlling world finance, etc.

So they introduced a new currency, an ounce gold coin. I gather it hasn't exactly taken off, the population of the Middle East still trust American dollars

what a waste. They could have sent the special forces in to get that money and given it to the poor refugees in calais
Original post by intelligent con
what a waste. They could have sent the special forces in to get that money and given it to the poor refugees in calais

Why should special forces risk their lives to get the money?
'Exceptional circumstances.' :rofl: Sounds like admissions tutor-speak to me.
Reply 8
Original post by intelligent con

Or they could destroy that money and print new (which they won't).

It's not as if money comes down from a printing machine, is it now...
Original post by RegencyTwink
Being the conspiracy theorists they are, they buy into all that stuff about the federal reserve, Jews controlling world finance, etc.

So they introduced a new currency, an ounce gold coin. I gather it hasn't exactly taken off, the population of the Middle East still trust American dollars

Sorry but who runs the federal reserve and US treasury? it's a fact not a conspiracy.
Original post by *Stefan*
Or they could destroy that money and print new (which they won't).

It's not as if money comes down from a printing machine, is it now...

Why won't they? Won't it cause deflation to not replace destroyed money?
I wonder what happens when money is destroyed? Does the world have less money, bringing the value of dollars up? Or does the US just print more money to replace the lost money? Either way, ISIS loses its money, right?
Original post by RegencyTwink

Serious conversation an all but doesn't their new currency look like a chocolate coin.

But back to point of the thread, great news. Look forward to more of it.
Reply 13
Original post by Jebedee
Why won't they? Won't it cause deflation to not replace destroyed money?

That money is so negligible to the whole of the economy that it's unlikely to shake or even affect inflation levels.
Original post by End Stupidity
Sorry but who runs the federal reserve and US treasury? it's a fact not a conspiracy.
lessee... don't rush me... got it !

the Elders of Zion ?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending