The Student Room Group

GCSE OCR Computing A453

Right, this coursework has been bugging me for the whole of the year so far and my teacher's pretty crap and doesn't know what he's doing, so I thought I'd ask on here as a last resort. Idea is that we create a quiz for students for 3 classes to be written to file and then read back in and outputted to the teacher, sorted alphabetically, by highest score and average score. That bit will be easy compared to the first part.

I'm on Task 3, and need to code the quiz so that only the last 3 recent scores are stored for each student, however being new to Python, I have no idea how to do. Tried StackOverflow however the code is too complex, anyone know how to solve this?

Btw, I write a list of lists to each class file, and each main list contains 2 nested lists, one for the name and the other for the score. If anyone can help me store the last 3 scores only, it'd be greatly appreciated and you'd be a life saver! Once I've coded this hard bit, I'm sorted for all coursework in all lessons. Thanks. :smile:
Reply 1
Original post by Jagraj16
Right, this coursework has been bugging me for the whole of the year so far and my teacher's pretty crap and doesn't know what he's doing, so I thought I'd ask on here as a last resort. Idea is that we create a quiz for students for 3 classes to be written to file and then read back in and outputted to the teacher, sorted alphabetically, by highest score and average score. That bit will be easy compared to the first part.

I'm on Task 3, and need to code the quiz so that only the last 3 recent scores are stored for each student, however being new to Python, I have no idea how to do. Tried StackOverflow however the code is too complex, anyone know how to solve this?

Btw, I write a list of lists to each class file, and each main list contains 2 nested lists, one for the name and the other for the score. If anyone can help me store the last 3 scores only, it'd be greatly appreciated and you'd be a life saver! Once I've coded this hard bit, I'm sorted for all coursework in all lessons. Thanks. :smile:

First thing is, DO NOT use StackOverflow where it has answers to the question for the CA your doing, that's cheating and if your teacher does find out you'll be disqualified for all exams you have with OCR. I have done the exact task in the past and can help in terms of giving you hints and useful resources which you can use to answer the question but what I can't do is give you the answer as that's cheating.
Reply 2
Original post by JTran38
First thing is, DO NOT use StackOverflow where it has answers to the question for the CA your doing, that's cheating and if your teacher does find out you'll be disqualified for all exams you have with OCR. I have done the exact task in the past and can help in terms of giving you hints and useful resources which you can use to answer the question but what I can't do is give you the answer as that's cheating.

I've never used StackOverflow because a, I don't know how to use it very well, and b, I don't understand the code which means I won't be able to explain it either. :P That would be very much appreciated thank you, so what tips and useful resources can you give me? :smile: To be honest, I don't want a direct answer because that'd just be immoral, but I'd like some help as to what sort of code I should be using, where and when in the program too.
Reply 3
Original post by Jagraj16
I've never used StackOverflow because a, I don't know how to use it very well, and b, I don't understand the code which means I won't be able to explain it either. :P That would be very much appreciated thank you, so what tips and useful resources can you give me? :smile: To be honest, I don't want a direct answer because that'd just be immoral, but I'd like some help as to what sort of code I should be using, where and when in the program too.

PM me the question and I'll see what resources you can use.

Quick Reply

Latest