The Student Room Group

Classics Applicants 2016

Scroll to see replies

Hey guys, is anyone in the same boat as me? I've applied to Exeter, Durham, Edinburgh, Oxford and Ucl for classics, but have only heard back from Exeter. I applied in October. Obviously I don't expect to hear back from oxford yet, but should I be worried if I haven't heard back from the others yet? :erm:
Reply 61
Original post by Phoebus Apollo
Hey guys, is anyone in the same boat as me? I've applied to Exeter, Durham, Edinburgh, Oxford and Ucl for classics, but have only heard back from Exeter. I applied in October. Obviously I don't expect to hear back from oxford yet, but should I be worried if I haven't heard back from the others yet? :erm:

I applied to UCL as well and they sent me an acknowledgment email within a day for the UCL portico. If u haven't received that send them an email I guess
Original post by bluh2
I applied to UCL as well and they sent me an acknowledgment email within a day for the UCL portico. If u haven't received that send them an email I guess

Yeah, I received that :smile: I meant in terms of offer/rejection
Reply 63
Yeah, I received that :smile: I meant in terms of offer/rejection

Oh good lol yeah UCL takes its time. I haven't received an offer from them but they invited me to an open day and an offer will be given on attendance. As for the other universities I have no idea sorry. Good luck!
Original post by bluh2
Oh good lol yeah UCL takes its time. I haven't received an offer from them but they invited me to an open day and an offer will be given on attendance. As for the other universities I have no idea sorry. Good luck!

thanks! Good luck for your open day :smile:

Don't worry. We should hear from Oxford tomorrow, and although I haven't applied to Durham, I also applied to Edinburgh and UCL and I've heard nothing from them other than an acknowledgement of my application in October.
Original post by bucklanda03
Don't worry. We should hear from Oxford tomorrow, and although I haven't applied to Durham, I also applied to Edinburgh and UCL and I've heard nothing from them other than an acknowledgement of my application in October.

Thank you, it's good to know we're in the same position :smile:

I got an offer from UCL but not a peep from Durham since acknowledgement.

:smile:
Original post by Look,Yes,But,See
I got an offer from UCL but not a peep from Durham since acknowledgement.

:smile:

thank you for your reply :smile: ironically i got an offer from durham yesterday lol
Hi everyone,

I've noticed that a few of you have had offers from Kings and Durham, but I haven't heard from either!! Anyone else still waiting?
Original post by Classicist1
Hi everyone,

I've noticed that a few of you have had offers from Kings and Durham, but I haven't heard from either!! Anyone else still waiting?

I've had an offer from Kings but not heard anything from Durham since their application acknowledgement email :smile:
Hi! I've applied to Classics but I've chosen fairly different courses at each uni, as I wanted to give myself a big range. I applied to Kings (Classical and Modern Greek Studies), Edinburgh (Classics and Linguistics), St Andrews (Greek and Hebrew), Glasgow (Latin and Greek) and Newcastle (Classics). I got AAB offers from Kings, Glasgow and Newcastle in the first few days after I applied which has made waiting for the other two painful, still waiting for them though. Edinburgh sent about 5 emails saying how busy it was with applicants, so I got the message there. I kind of wish that I'd applied to somewhere other than Newcastle since it's my home town, but when I was applying I wasn't sure if I'd even get any offers since I haven't done Greek or Latin at GCSE or even any language at A Level, so it was pretty much a compromise.

Right now I'm weighing up Glasgow and Kings for my (insurance) choice. Kings would be the obvious choice based on reputation, but it's quite far and the course is just Greek without Latin. Anyone else stuck between choices?
Reply 72
I'm starting a Classical Civilisation course in September! :smile:
Original post by Classicist1
Hi everyone,

Offer from KCL, nothing from Durham as of yet

Original post by ellsy95
I'm starting a Classical Civilisation course in September! :smile:

Congrats! Where???
Reply 74
Original post by TitanCream

Congrats! Where???

Thank you! Super excited (especially since I did at college two years ago and I just LOVE the ancient world) and I'm going to Roehampton! What about you?
Original post by ellsy95
Thank you! Super excited (especially since I did at college two years ago and I just LOVE the ancient world) and I'm going to Roehampton! What about you?

I hope you enjoy it! At the moment I'm waiting for my final offer which SHOULD be Durham. Nevertheless I am 99% set on Warwick!
Reply 76
I hope you enjoy it! At the moment I'm waiting for my final offer which SHOULD be Durham. Nevertheless I am 99% set on Warwick!

Ooh! Good luck! Are they conditional/unconditional offers?
Original post by ellsy95
Ooh! Good luck! Are they conditional/unconditional offers?

All conditional (I'm afraid I am not unconditional standard :colondollar:)
Reply 78
All conditional (I'm afraid I am not unconditional standard :colondollar:)

I'm sure you'll be able to ace whatever conditions they're asking of you :tongue:
Original post by ellsy95
I'm sure you'll be able to ace whatever conditions they're asking of you :tongue:

Thank you! I only need ABB :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending