The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

2016 Durham University hopefuls

Scroll to see replies

Original post by francais123
Who here has applied to St Mary's? If so, what course?

I've applied there for Law! You?
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Reply 1281

Natural Sciences. And you?

French by any chance?
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by bj1
Natural Sciences. And you?

French by any chance?

History. No I'm not French but I can understand your thinking
Original post by amybonnie98
I live in Oxford!! So I wasn't going to apply to there either aha.

Yeah, i know a few people applying for cambridge at my sixth form and i just dont get it. I mean Cambridge is nice, but i think id explode if i had to live here for another 4 years.
Original post by mazzaion
Is it really that expensive? :/

Not at Oxford. :biggrin: At Oxford the student accommodation is one of the cheapest I've seen... Durham etc. is a lot more expensive.
Anyone here applied for Music? Still waiting for a reply from Durham and Edinburgh :smile:
I've applied for Pharmacy with foundation year.
I only submitted my application on the 11th of Jan so its not been long, but I'm already losing my mind, I've only applied to Durham so it really ups the anti.
Original post by saule1116
Not at Oxford. :biggrin: At Oxford the student accommodation is one of the cheapest I've seen... Durham etc. is a lot more expensive.

I know its really expensive, Queens campus is really expensive compared to the prices in Stockton as well.
Has anybody heard about Eng Lit yet? The wait is painful!

I have for natural sciences, but I think I might change to a self catered college

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1290
Original post by 1lilypad1
I have for natural sciences, but I think I might change to a self catered college

Posted from TSR Mobile

If so, let them know quick! Deadline for college choices is the 31st I think, at least that's what it says in the offer email.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone heard anything who's applying for Biomedical science?
Original post by 1lilypad1

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have for Philosophy but just haven't heard yet - i'm literally refreshing Track every minute!!
I didn't apply for deferred entry but i'm not considering deferring a year and taking a gap year. If I plan on this do you think they would let me after receiving an offer or should I inform them before they decide on whether or not to give me an offer. Would it affect my chance of getting a place? (This is for Maths and next year they are adding an entrance exam...)
Original post by Swifty139
I didn't apply for deferred entry but i'm not considering deferring a year and taking a gap year. If I plan on this do you think they would let me after receiving an offer or should I inform them before they decide on whether or not to give me an offer. Would it affect my chance of getting a place? (This is for Maths and next year they are adding an entrance exam...)

I already have an offer then was offered the opportunity to take a gap year at a law firm. I have an offer for Arabic and Spanish 2016 entry and emailed to ask to defer and the answer was no but every department is different....
2016 has anybody heard anything from Durham to do with General Engineering for Butler?
I'm still waiting for English Lit! I'm so nervous because Durham is a bit of a gamble for me as my gsce grades aren't amazing. Do you mind saying what your grades are and what subjects you do?
GCSE: 2A*s, 7As and 1B
AS: 3As and 1B (the As were in English Literature, Sociology and Latin and the B was in English Language)
Good luck!
Original post by dunno01
Any one heard, or know anyone who has, from engineering?

I applied for engineering to Durham but still haven heard anything back yet either
Which college did you apply to?
Original post by niomi123
I applied for engineering to Durham but still haven heard anything back yet either
Which college did you apply to?

University because I though it was worth a try as I'm not really fussed about which college haha. Which have you?
Original post by eleanor27
I already have an offer then was offered the opportunity to take a gap year at a law firm. I have an offer for Arabic and Spanish 2016 entry and emailed to ask to defer and the answer was no but every department is different....

What are you going to do now? Take the gap year and reapply or just go straight onto the degree? If they say no for me and I reapply i'd have to take the new entrance exam :s-smilie:

Quick Reply

Latest