The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Computer Science 2016 Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
Original post by Harry Pothead
I think the email actually arrived like yesterday I just hadn't checked them, but yeah I guess ill see you there if you have one too

Yeah see you there Harry Pothead :u: You doing any prep for it?
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Original post by zshn
Yeah see you there Harry Pothead :u: You doing any prep for it?

I don't think so, I don't really know what I could do and I did quite a lot for oxford so I should be ok, are you doing any?
Also to other people on this forum don't worry about not getting interviews they take like forever
Reply 123
I don't think so, I don't really know what I could do and I did quite a lot for oxford so I should be ok, are you doing any?

Ahh did you get an offer from Oxford then? And Imperial's the only one uni that's actually needed a technical interview (Warwick, Southampton, Birmingham etc.) all just gave out offers. So I'm tempted to do some Maths problems and stuff before, sketch sin(x)/x and that kinda thing
Original post by zshn
Ahh did you get an offer from Oxford then? And Imperial's the only one uni that's actually needed a technical interview (Warwick, Southampton, Birmingham etc.) all just gave out offers. So I'm tempted to do some Maths problems and stuff before, sketch sin(x)/x and that kinda thing

Yeah I did :biggrin: but yeah that sounds like a good idea. I think I'm deffo going to revise over my personal statement because it might be awkward if they ask me about it and I don't know anything at the interview. I'm not super bothered about it though because imperial usually offer quite high so I dont think ill be firming, but good luck anyways.
Reply 125
Yeah I did :biggrin: but yeah that sounds like a good idea. I think I'm deffo going to revise over my personal statement because it might be awkward if they ask me about it and I don't know anything at the interview. I'm not super bothered about it though because imperial usually offer quite high so I dont think ill be firming, but good luck anyways.

Eyy, good for you! And yeah hahah, I mentioned a book in my personal statement that I read parts of years ago so reading up on that will help. See you on Wednesday, I'll be one of the prats in a suit
Original post by zshn
Eyy, good for you! And yeah hahah, I mentioned a book in my personal statement that I read parts of years ago so reading up on that will help. See you on Wednesday, I'll be one of the prats in a suit

ahahahhaaah, I hope it goes well
I did put it in my personal statement and thanks, I just hope I can get an interview

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 128
Looking forward to Wednesday, good luck everyone :smile:
I just read all the replies in this thread :bebored:
I then realised that most of the people who replied that they got an interview havent done computer science A Level.
To rephrase - most of the people who did CompSci A-Levels did not post of getting an interview.
Does this mean that Imperial has a less preference to people who do CompSci at A-Levels?
Sorry if I am just sounding dumb! :frown::lol:
I didn't do computer science a level and I still haven't got an interview
I did chemistry, maths and further maths
A*A*A respectively (Already Achieved)
I haven't heard back from them, I'm fearing rejection :frown:
Wbu, what a levels do/did you do?
Haven't got an email about it, is it because I haven't firmed it yet or?
Reply 132
Original post by Darshan98
I just read all the replies in this thread :bebored:
I then realised that most of the people who replied that they got an interview havent done computer science A Level.
To rephrase - most of the people who did CompSci A-Levels did not post of getting an interview.
Does this mean that Imperial has a less preference to people who do CompSci at A-Levels?
Sorry if I am just sounding dumb! :frown::lol:

That's quite an interesting observation
I got an offer already though so I guess it's different? Interesting that you were given a date to hear a decision by though
Is it a taster day for offer holders or just prospective applicants? I don't really understand lmao
ah I see, I thought it was for offer holders of something. haha enjoy it:smile:
Guys I'm so worried - I applied (for the MEng) absolutely agggeessss ago but I haven't got an interview yet. I emailed them in December and they said they just had loads of applicants to process but I'm worried that my PS didn't have any impressive CS accomplishments or that they somehow got a hold of my ****ty MAT score for Oxford. Don't think only doing 3A2s is the reason either - they've already sent offers to people with only 3A2s already.

GCSE: 10A*s 1A. AS: AAAA in Maths, F.Maths, Physics and Chemistry. Predicted A2: A*A*A in Maths, F.Maths and Physics.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by KingKumar
Guys I'm so worried - I applied absolutely agggeessss ago but I haven't got an interview yet. I emailed them in December and they said they just had loads of applicants to process but I'm worried that my PS didn't have any impressive CS accomplishments or that they somehow got a hold of my ****ty MAT score for Oxford. Don't think only doing 3A2s is the reason either - they've already sent offers to people with only 3A2s already.

GCSE: 10A*s 1A. AS: AAAA in maths, f.maths, physics and chemistry. Predicted A2: A*A*A in maths, f.maths and physics.

i am in the exact same position as you :frown: my ps is not even tailored to computing, but i really want an interview to express my passion for computing to compensate for my lack of passion for computing.

Which course did you apply to? And i hope that we both get an interview, maybe they have just pooled our application so that they compare to other potential applicants
Original post by Ganja_Saurus

Which course did you apply to? And i hope that we both get an interview, maybe they have just pooled our application so that they compare to other potential applicants

Just edited it in, applied for the MEng Computing. I reckon it's because: 1. our applications aren't good enough and they plan on rejecting us later; or 2. our applications are alright (on the boundary) and they're waiting till they get all the applications in to compare them to then choosing the best of worst if you know what I mean; or 3. they have indeed got a tonne of applications to go through and are processing them in a weird order, which I kinda doubt since I applied like mid October
Original post by Ganja_Saurus
I didn't do computer science a level and I still haven't got an interview
I did chemistry, maths and further maths
A*A*A respectively (Already Achieved)
I haven't heard back from them, I'm fearing rejection :frown:
Wbu, what a levels do/did you do?

I was talking about the majority of people beacuse like you said it is not true for all of them.
I am currently in year 11 and I am looking forward to do CompSci at Imperial so I was just reading all the relevant stuff on TSR to aid me with my A-Level choices and I made this 'interesting' observation which has now confused me again.
I am planning to do Maths, Further Maths, Physics and Computer Science outside school :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending