The Student Room Group

My bf wants to b a minister

And I ****ing hate religion and the bible makes me want to pour bleach my eyes. I love him more than anything we've been in love for like 3 years but I can just feel him drifting away from me. I swear all the time which he hates, I ignore him when he says bible stuff, I smoke and drink while his mum and dad don't even let him leave the house most weekends. I don't know what to do... I can't lose him. Someone help me

Scroll to see replies

I m sorry but it doesn't sound like you re a good fit, tell him how you feel and go from there I guess.
Reply 2
We all have to make sacrifices in relationships...
Original post by claireestelle
I m sorry but it doesn't sound like you re a good fit, tell him how you feel and go from there I guess.

They sound like a great fit. Three years and she hasn't ran off already? Can't imagine biblical boy being disloyal either
Original post by Das Ich Man
They sound like a great fit. Three years and she hasn't ran off already? Can't imagine biblical boy being disloyal either

He's amazing and would never be disloyal but it's been about 6 months I've felt like this and him wanting to be a bloody minister has changed things. I notice we agree with less and less, he almost looks down on me in a way. I never thought his religion would get in the way of our love but I guess I was wrong
Reply 5
Why don't you try reading the Bible? Perhaps you might find the truth in it.
Original post by gwagon

LOL
Original post by gwagon

Or not
Original post by Wolfegirl98
And I ****ing hate religion and the bible makes me want to pour bleach my eyes. I love him more than anything we've been in love for like 3 years but I can just feel him drifting away from me. I swear all the time which he hates, I ignore him when he says bible stuff, I smoke and drink while his mum and dad don't even let him leave the house most weekends. I don't know what to do... I can't lose him. Someone help me

I assume you two arent having sex, because if you were he would def not want to join the church!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Lead him to temptation :colone:
There's nothing you can do.

If he wants to become a minister then obviously he's past the point of someone being able to pull him out of his chosen faith.
Is he a Freemason and into small boys?
So pour bleach in your eyes
Original post by Das Ich Man

Seems like an atheist being in a relationship with someone who has decided to do a religious job could cause way too much conflict
Original post by Wolfegirl98
He's amazing and would never be disloyal but it's been about 6 months I've felt like this and him wanting to be a bloody minister has changed things. I notice we agree with less and less, he almost looks down on me in a way. I never thought his religion would get in the way of our love but I guess I was wrong

Sounds like you're just a terribly selfish girl. You can do two things:

1. Be more open minded and actually listen to your boyfriend when he talks about things he's passionate about.

2. Leave, continue the path you're on without thinking further than "am I secure?"
It sounds like a relationship that is about to end.
You sound awful for him to be honest. If it's something he cares about you should be happy for him instead of acting like this. I hope he breaks up with you OP.
Original post by Xelfrost
You sound awful for him to be honest. If it's something he cares about you should be happy for him instead of acting like this. I hope he breaks up with you OP.

This. The way you boast "I drink, I smoke, I ignore him when he talks about things he is passionate about" . ....Clearly he's lucky to have you. I hope he follows what he believes he is called to do, and leaves you.
Has he been religious from the beginning or is this a recent development? If he always has been this way and you felt this stronger about it, maybe you shouldn't have got into a relationship with him.

If this wasn't through case then fair enough, you are here now and you clearly have no respect for his beliefs. For a relationship to work both parties need to be supportive of each others endeavours. Let him go.
Christians are not meant to be "unequally yoked" with unbelievers.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending