The Student Room Group

Orthoptics 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by shazy97
Yeah, I got that too, didn't know they were doing them! They were fine, nothing to worry about and I got an offer! :biggrin:

Well done!! what did they say when they gave you the offer was it like you need to get BBB etc?? :biggrin:
Original post by Zedakiah
I have one on the same date! :smile:

WOOHOO!! might see you around :smile:
Reply 62
Original post by becky5678
Well done!! what did they say when they gave you the offer was it like you need to get BBB etc?? :biggrin:

Thanks! :smile: and yeah BBB and just the general terms and conditions of the offer!
Reply 63
Original post by shazy97
It went okay, it wasn't that formal you just rotate round 4 interviewers! Just normal kinda questions like why orthoptics. And I got an offer the next day so it must have been okay haha!

Congratz on your offer!
How long was each interview and what other questions did they ask?
Reply 64
Hi everybody, I am a 23y mature student, I left uni in my second year 2 years ago and now want to go back to study Orthoptics. i live in Sheffield and will apply for both Sheffield and Liverpool Universities, however I haven't done my application through UCAS yet and I am a bit scared to be honest don't know if I will manage to get to study again. I went to observe an orthoptist 2years ago do you think I will need to go again? and I will take GCSE exams in Science in June I hope I get good grades too and I am an european student and again have to get a new certificate for my english too. Wish good luck to everybody who's applying to uni.
It's been over two weeks since my ucas application was sent and I've only heard back from Liverpool for the selection day. Have any of you guys heard back from Sheffield and how long did it take them to reply.
Reply 66
hey guys. im Scottish and I've applied for orthoptics at Glasgow Caledonian. I did some work experience with an orthoptist and decided that it was what I wanted to pursue, I really really want in! I sent my application away on the 1st of Nov and haven't received any news, slightly worried now and regretting not applying to Liverpool and Sheffield 😞 Has anybody else heard anything back from Caledonian? Hoping I'm not the only one!
Reply 67
Original post by sarshi
hey guys. im Scottish and I've applied for orthoptics at Glasgow Caledonian. I did some work experience with an orthoptist and decided that it was what I wanted to pursue, I really really want in! I sent my application away on the 1st of Nov and haven't received any news, slightly worried now and regretting not applying to Liverpool and Sheffield 😞 Has anybody else heard anything back from Caledonian? Hoping I'm not the only one!

I applied to Glasgow months ago and only just got an email yesterday saying thank you for your application! Don't worry! :P
Reply 68
Original post by Ellyads
I applied to Glasgow months ago and only just got an email yesterday saying thank you for your application! Don't worry! :P

Phew! Thank you. I received that email too, everyone has been posting about Liverpool and Sheffield and nothing about Glasgow so I was a bit lost!
Original post by Livuniorthoptic
Hi there!

I'm one of the student ambassadors for Orthoptics at the University of Liverpool :smile:

Is there anything in particular that you would like to know?

We have a Facebook and Twitter page (@LivUniOrthoptic) that we can be reach on and we often post about information and studies relevant to Orthoptics as well as updates from student ambassadors themselves.

We also have a Pinterest page that has lots of information relevant to Orthoptics, if you would like to know more about the subject.

Good luck with your applications! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hello

I am thinking of applying this year and i was just a bit confused about what orthoptics really is, as in how it is taught

I found out that there is some pychology and physics - are these really difficult as i havent taken them for A level i haev taken maths though

Also do orthoptists manage disease such as macular degen and glaucoma or learn about them at all?

Many Thanks! :smile:
Hey has anyone heard from Glasgow?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 71
I haven't yet
I applied late november and have only got a 'we received your application' email which came like a month ago
Reply 72
Looking back at previous years it looks like Glasgow reply back quite late about Feb
I've had a pre interview rejection from Sheffield based off one gcse grade I have. But my predicted are higher than their entry requirements and I'm getting offers for other courses with higher entry grades

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 74
Original post by frances98
I've had a pre interview rejection from Sheffield based off one gcse grade I have. But my predicted are higher than their entry requirements and I'm getting offers for other courses with higher entry grades

Posted from TSR Mobile

Is that what they said in the rejection letter? That it was due to a GCSE grade?
I emailed them to ask why I had received a rejection and they said that was why
Original post by Migl
Is that what they said in the rejection letter? That it was due to a GCSE grade?
Does anyone know if Orthoptics was on clearing last year

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 77
Original post by Aisha_22
Does anyone know if Orthoptics was on clearing last year

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not at GCU all vision sciences weren't in clearing, ophthalmic dispensing was in clearing for non Scottish students though
@sarshi was it not on clearing at Liverpool and Sheffield? 😶😶😶 I thought it was on clearing for lpool and sheff last year

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 79
Hey

Anyone attending the open day on 29th Jan, cuz I'll see you guys there!!
Any tips from people who have already done the interview?

Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest