The Student Room Group

Do you still drink milk?

Scroll to see replies

Humans are weird, right?

The only species to drink milk beyond infancy and not only that but not even of their own species! :s-smilie:
I love milk but if a have a pint i end up having 3 more and it always ends up with whoever im living with getting very annoyed at me
1. You know we really don't need cows' milk for calcium, green veg does fine--its not natural for humans to drink another animals milk hence it doesn't have to be part of our diet--and other milk almond/soy/rice etc is fortified with it as well, if you can't stomach soy try hazelnut it tastes of nutella <3
2. Also eating too much protein counters the effect of taking calcium as the protein acidifies the blood and so the body takes calcium from the bones to try and neutralise it
3. Are you sure it's a calcium deficiency that's causing your cramps, could be an imbalance of a number of nutrients and possibly too much calcium is making it worse?
http://www.drgangemi.com/articles/cramping_style/
(hope that's come up as a link but don't think so...
Original post by Icecream1
Humans are weird, right?

The only species to drink milk beyond infancy and not only that but not even of their own species! :s-smilie:

And use it to create a whole load of other products too..... Including Frozen ones.
Rarely, I wouldn't drink a glass by itself randomly. I have it in tea of course, and will drink a class of milk to counteract particularly hot food.
Reply 25
Have about 1 and a half litres in my protein shakes, can't get enough of the stuff tbh.
Original post by EtherealNymph22
And use it to create a whole load of other products too..... Including Frozen ones.

Yeah, yoghurt, butter, ice cream. Its in so many things as dried powder.

Humans are very strange...
Humans are weird, right?

Eh ants farm aphids for honeydew.

There's the point of capacity to do so, other species also don't mass farm mammals as a food source as we can, if they had the opportunity they might consume milk as well.
Yeah, not everyday on top of their cornflakes though?
I drink at least a pint of milk a day and have done so for as long as I can remember...and that doesn't include what I put in my tea. I might be addicted. :ashamed2:
Yeah, yoghurt, butter, ice cream. Its in so many things as dried powder.

Humans are very strange...

lol I was sort of making a joke at your username. I know right about the dried powder thing. As a vegan (don't hate me) it's the bane of my life.
Reply 31
Yes. Everyday at around 4pm I drink milk with cookies/biscuits.

I'm 28 years old...................
Reply 32
One pint full fat everyday :biggrin:
Reply 33
Original post by TheBBQ
One pint full fat everyday :biggrin:

Lmao you mota!
Original post by EtherealNymph22
lol I was sort of making a joke at your username. I know right about the dried powder thing. As a vegan (don't hate me) it's the bane of my life.

LOL. I get it now... :colondollar:

Vegan ice cream?:biggrin:
This thread makes me crave milk.
LOL. I get it now... :colondollar:

Vegan ice cream?:biggrin:

The coconut collective do great coconut dairy free ice cream and it is yummmm. I used to be big into fro yo but since veganism entered my life it's no longer an option. Nor is milk. Apart from soya and almond milk etc. Trouble is, no other milk tastes anything like as good as cows milk. But soya hot choc and almond milk porridge are fine :smile:. I'm a vegan for health reasons not ethical so the self control is sometimes harder. especially because now all I'm thinking about thanks to this thread is ice cold semi skimmed milk.
Yep, I drink milk on its own sometimes. To be honest, I didn't think there was anything wrong with that until looking at this thread...
Oh well, that makes me who I am. :colondollar:
Reply 38
I love milk and dairy in general but I guess I'm slightly allergic to it cause I can only drink/eat really small quantities. One scope of ice cream kind of quantity
Reply 39
Original post by nucdev
Lmao you mota!

Not yet, but it is to gain weight:dumbells:

Might put it upto two a day..

Quick Reply

Latest