The Student Room Group

muslim brothers help me :)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
You don't have to be religious to wear a hijab.

Original post by 4 pringles days
1. i am a muslim2. i am not religious
Original post by SonOfTheGun
You need to learn to believe in the goodness and the decency of other people - Muslims included

I do. I have Muslims in my family. I know enough about the religion to be a Muslim if I wanted to. But that's not the point. I wanted the OP to understand that it's not wrong to be in tune with your feelings and it's a good thing to meet someone you have feelings for regardless of their identity. And she shouldn't feel ashamed in that. So many Muslim girls that I know have been guilt tripped into thinking their feelings are wrong and unnatural towards people of different religions when you can't choose who you like or who you dont and that's that. I just didn't want her to feel ashamed in future if she does end up liking someone who is thought to be unsuitable by Islamic law ,which I think shouldn't be that way. If men are allowed to be betrothed to people of the book without them having to convert then I don't see why it can't apply to women too.

Please see I'm not trying to argue or enact a debate about shar'iya law and what not. I'm just giving a bit of friendly advice. It's up to her if she takes it or not.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AmazingArry
If you don't want to date someone, just don't give them a reason to with like you in the first place or if they already do , don't give them any opportunity to make advances towards you.

In all fairness, he could just want to be your friend. So what if he looks at you or makes eye contact, people's eyes wander. He could just be a good person and just wants you to do well. Is that so bad? If he was a girl , you wouldn't find any of these actions to be of any concern.

In western culture, male and female friendships are extremely common without there being an alterior motive ( them fancying you or any of the plethora of emotions ). In any culture is perfectly OK to be a friend with someone of the opposite sex without them having feelings for each other regardless of strict Islamic traditions of segregation.

The mind only sees what it wants to see. Hence, you're at that age where you'd find the premise of a relationship, outside of your family but at an equally emotional stand point, intriguing, therefore you are unintentionally " on the look of for a potential mate (sexual and companionship) " but because religion you are unable to explore it and extrapolating your "man-dar" and constantly over analyzing actions or males towards you.

Just think nothing of it. Any guy who is nice to you or looks at you doesn't fancy you. Christianity also teaches to treat people how you would like to be treated. It's one of the 10 commandments ( things you should absolutely follow ) which are a part if Islam too. It he treats you nicely and helps you, it's possible he only wants to be treated the same way by the people around him. If "Christian" is your way of implying he's white ( a lot of Muslims do this even if they don't realise it) then please understand that different races have different religions ( the same way a Muslim can be of any colour) or none at all.

If he explicitly says that he likes you, without you trying to trick it out of him ( I know what us females are like ), then there's no real way of knowing his intentions but that doesn't mean you should be paranoid with every little action towards you, like letting you borrow his pen for instance because that how menial his actions are towards you.

The fact is you probably find this whole situation somewhat different and "exciting" in the same way of discovering something new and you're probably bored and sexually frustrated like every other teenager/young adult so you're taking things way out of context and over analyzing things.

Excellent post. Repped.
Original post by Habina786xx
Dont do anythin..

Dont commit Zina...

Posted from TSR Mobile

no such thing as zina, if she wants to have sex before marriage then she has every right to do so we're not in the Middle East.
Original post by Someboady
This doesn't have to be an Islamic issue. Treat it like every other Muslims and Non-Muslim girl treats it. Only you don't date the guy. It's okay for him to have feelings for you and vice versa but it becomes wrong when you act upon those feelings. So avoid acting upon it and don't give him an incentive. If he wishes to pursue a relationship or something, just explain in a nice manner that you don't like him or if you do just explain exactly why Islam prohibits it. If you feel extremely uncomfortable...it doesn't have to be an Islamic issue...you can explain to him that you're not interested. You need to know where to draw the line.
Good Luck Sister :smile:

Treat it like every non Muslim girl? Ummm since when do most non Muslim girls actively avoid acting on their feelings and getting into relationships ?
You don't have to be religious to wear a hijab.

Umm hijab is pretty much religious attire. Why would an openly atheist person wear it out of choice ?
Treat it like every non Muslim girl? Ummm since when do most non Muslim girls actively avoid acting on their feelings and getting into relationships ?

Quite a few of them actually. People are capable of self restraint without a religious agenda you know. Plus if you'd seen what "Muslim" girls as well as "Muslim" guys get up to during freshers week or during uni in general, you would be saying the same thing to them. Never assume something is one sided to your favour. Self restraint isn't a given gift as soon as you enter a religion, it's earnt and can be earnt by anyone. People are as bad as eachother and religion has nothing to do with it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Umm hijab is pretty much religious attire. Why would an openly atheist person wear it out of choice ?

To keep their hair dry in the rain, fashion...

Posted from TSR Mobile
To keep their hair dry in the rain, fashion...

Posted from TSR Mobile

I wear a hijab for islamic reasons that doesn't make anyone religious. I call people religious that follow their religion 100%
I wear a hijab for islamic reasons that doesn't make anyone religious. I call people religious that follow their religion 100%

You're getting the wrong end of the stick. The question was "why would an openly ATHEIST person wear a hijab?"

Posted from TSR Mobile
You're getting the wrong end of the stick. The question was "why would an openly ATHEIST person wear a hijab?"

Posted from TSR Mobile

They wouldn't
Quite a few of them actually. People are capable of self restraint without a religious agenda you know. Plus if you'd seen what "Muslim" girls as well as "Muslim" guys get up to during freshers week or during uni in general, you would be saying the same thing to them. Never assume something is one sided to your favour. Self restraint isn't a given gift as soon as you enter a religion, it's earnt and can be earnt by anyone. People are as bad as eachother and religion has nothing to do with it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes, but a normal, non Muslim girl is far less likely to actively avoid getting into a relationship f there's a boy (or girl) who she has feelings for as there's no moral or religious stigma against it, either from family pr community. And this isn't a bad thing at all, people should be free to je in loving consensual relationships without needing to get married just in order to have sex.
Yes, but a normal, non Muslim girl is far less likely to actively avoid getting into a relationship f there's a boy (or girl) who she has feelings for as there's no moral or religious stigma against it, either from family pr community. And this isn't a bad thing at all, people should be free to je in loving consensual relationships without needing to get married just in order to have sex.

I agree. But other religions also don't advocate sex before marriage. And some men and women, who belong to no religion at all, choose to save themselves for spouse.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Hey I'm a Muslim girl, i'm not religious but I do wear a hijab. At College I'm kinda certain this christian guy fancies me. I don't like him bk.

Signs that makes me think he's crushing:
Glances often
Helps me without asking
Use to stare alot

What can I do to divert thinking?

Why is something only Muslims can give advice on? Christian girls get this all the time from men they arent interested in. Be polite but distant- avoid eye contact- and he will get the message. Remember men are used to getting the brush off. Its a bigger deal for you than him.
Original post by Herbiechester
Why is something only Muslims can give advice on? Christian girls get this all the time from men they arent interested in. Be polite but distant- avoid eye contact- and he will get the message. Remember men are used to getting the brush off. Its a bigger deal for you than him.

I'm atheist....

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm atheist....

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thats fine. Just that the post asked for help from Muslims...

True idk.l

So just stay away from him? Tbh i've always done tht
Tell him to **** off
Thats fine. Just that the post asked for help from Muslims...

I understand the religion so I felt I was inclined to help her out.

Posted from TSR Mobile
They wouldn't

They do. You've just never seen it happen

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending