The Student Room Group

Gay dates; who pays?

Hey, I've recently come out as a bisexual. Dating someone of the same sex is completely new to me and for some reason I'm working myself up over who will pay for the bill? Reason being I believe firmly in paying the bill when I go on dates with girls. I think it's a gentlemanly and polite thing to do and always makes a good first impression.
I'm going on my first date with a guy tomorrow night and I want it to go as smoothly as possible. Should I still offer to pay the bill? Or do we split it? Or what? #confusedgay

Posted from TSR Mobile

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
As with any heterosexual date, just split it
Reply 2
The "active" one? :dontknow:
The masculine one.
Reply 4
I've just recently came out as gay too, (lesbian) and my girlfriend agreed to split the bill on our first date.
Now we take it in turns to pay for dates. So I suggest splitting it. Hope this helps.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Well, do whatever you feel like doing dude... Something tells me you will ask to pay regardless.

Original post by Josb

:laugh:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
I'd split it/pay for what you order
There isn't some "unwritten rule" like there is between a guy and a girl. If he surprises you by taking you out, he would normally pay. If you decide to go somewhere together, you might split the bill.

One of you may be much better off than the other and decide to pay for the whole thing.

As far as personal experience goes, I tend to just stick with drinks (alcoholic or coffee or whatever) that way it's easy to either take it in turns getting the rounds in, or you could simply pay for each other's drinks.
Original post by Josb

I always knew you were gay :sexface: :perv:
Original post by Das Ich Man
The masculine one.

What if they're both big bearded biker types?
Original post by tiffin_bits
What if they're both big bearded biker types?

Compare dick sizes
No one, restaurants are notorious for allowing gay couples to eat for free as a thank you for making the venue so fabulous
Split the bill so none of you would feel ''used''.
Compare dick sizes

On the first date? On the table in the restaurant somewhere between main course and dessert?

I know I've been out of the dating game for a while, so this must be a new thing :confused:
Original post by Blondie987
No one, restaurants are notorious for allowing gay couples to eat for free as a thank you for making the venue so fabulous

:laugh:
Reply 15
Original post by Anonymous
I always knew you were gay :sexface: :perv:

I know you? Come out.:biggrin:
On the first date? On the table in the restaurant somewhere between main course and dessert?

I know I've been out of the dating game for a while, so this must be a new thing :confused:

First you need a ruler for precise measurement, but you can't buy one because then you would not know who pays for it. So you need to convince someone to buy you a ruler.

Then because it is the first date and you don't want to rush into sexual activity too soon, and you must preserve public modesty, you must find a private place and trust each other to measure and report back equally.

Only after this procedure is done can the date begin.
First you need a ruler for precise measurement, but you can't buy one because then you would not know who pays for it. So you need to convince someone to buy you a ruler.

Then because it is the first date and you don't want to rush into sexual activity too soon, and you must preserve public modesty, you must find a private place and trust each other to measure and report back equally.

Only after this procedure is done can the date begin.

Sounds like someone's had experience of gay dating :P
Sounds like someone's had experience of gay dating :P

Hi, I'm Dr.Gay a relationship expert for twenty years providing advice to fabulous gay men across the globe
Offer to split it. Although I've found some men are very insistent, in which case I would offer to buy the drinks for the rest of the night.

Quick Reply

Latest