The Student Room Group

Don't you agree that PE is a waste of time?

post removed

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Agree totally. Especially because in PE my class do nothing and it just wastes time, could be doing something useful in that 1 hour period.
PE is really fun- depends on what you do I guess. Sports are fun but athletics and gymnastics not so much
It's not fun if you're fat.
PE should receive more funding than STEM subjects.
I fully agree. I think that PE should be optional, so that those who want to play sport/exercise are able to, but others who would prefer to study or revise can do that instead.
Nah, I loved it :smile:

Really helped me out in school life as well :ahee:
No PE was always a fun lesson :biggrin: Football, rounders, badminton, tennis, rugby or golf with the lads. Great fun I miss not having PE :frown:
Reply 8
PE is great because it can waste time :woo: ... with fun activities
I hated it, going out to play netball in freezing weather in a tshirt and shorts while the teacher was wrapped up was hell :angry:
my friends sister goes to a private school and they do laser tag and bowling as part of pe? :confused:
Original post by Leviathan1741
I fully agree. I think that PE should be optional, so that those who want to play sport/exercise are able to, but others who would prefer to study or revise can do that instead.

Is like saying any other subject should be optional. That's why UK accounts for an abnormly % of overweight people
I dont class badmington as a sport, more like a leisure run around
I didn't mind PE but I disliked having to change into my kit.
We usually stayed inside in winter...played on dance mats, did gymnastics, did swimming or played football/netball/tennis inside...
PE in the summer was sooo fun though...much banter :ahee:
I miss it :frown:
(edited 8 years ago)
Well I mean it was
Banta :tongue:
to an extent yes it is a waste of time.
I remember my p.e lessos from yr 10 onwards would spend 3/4 of the time sitting around not doing anything/watching someone else do something.
I seriously dont understand how p.e teachers get paid the same as like english or science teachers :|
Original post by GeologyMaths
Is like saying any other subject should be optional. That's why UK accounts for an abnormly % of overweight people

PE isn't really classed as a facilitating subject. So no
Hahahahha I am pretty skinny but I still enjoyed it :biggrin: I was really quick so I didn't really get tackled that much and I managed to take down quite big people in my year because force = mass X acceleration. My acceleration was sick m8. Also badminton is one of my favourites to play I'm too good :u:
Yes my dear you are right

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending