The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Meh

He's been lacking with the goals this season. In fact most of our wingers have been poor
Original post by sevchenko
Meh

He's been lacking with the goals this season. In fact most of our wingers have been poor

Oxlade-Chamberlain has been the most ineffective of the bunch imho. I'm a big fan of the guy, too, but he seems to have lacked either quality, composure, or determination. He just hasn't kicked on this season.
Original post by Mackay
Oxlade-Chamberlain has been the most ineffective of the bunch imho. I'm a big fan of the guy, too, but he seems to have lacked either quality, composure, or determination. He just hasn't kicked on this season.

Oxlade is a lost cause tbh, don't know what's wrong with him. Don't know how long people are willing to wait for him to come good. Perfect example of the overrated, overpaid and overhyped young English footballer with a flawed attitude that doesn't reflect his ability.

You wouldn't be able to tell he's been at Arsenal since 2011 by the way he currently playing. Inefficient, wasteful in possession, poverty decision making, zero awareness, no composure, defensively negligent and mentally weak basically sums up Ox at Arsenal. Read somewhere that he didn't register a single league assist or goal in 2015 and that during his entire time at Arsenal he has never score more than 2 league goals.

Joel Campbell on the other hand has been tossed around Europe on loan, never really been coached by Wenger and English football is pretty much an unknown quantity for him. Yet he's putting Ox to shame with his consistently good performances. Ox has been found out, people are starting to ask questions about why he barely progressed.

Maybe he's on the verge of a breakthrough. Looks very unlikely if I'm honest, just dunno what to do with this guy.
Eboue wants to come back

Posted from TSR Mobile
He can piss off
New contract for Monreal, fully deserved.
Reply 3106
What does deserved even mean considering how long we've kept arteta

Posted from TSR Mobile
We can still afford to give Ox another 3 or 4 years easily before making our minds up on him.
Reply 3108
No he needs to go now. Him being in the team instead of someone better is costing us

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3109
There are 1000000s of better 22 year olds

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ox should join Jermaine Pennant at that Singapore club he just signed for :wink:
feeling confident us gooners will finally bring football home this year. Big game on the weekend, If we do Chelsea, that is massive psychological hurdle overcome. From there on I would only consider Spurs and City Away to be tough games, as I really think we really should be confident of doing Everton, WHU, Man United.
Original post by Arkasia
We can still afford to give Ox another 3 or 4 years easily before making our minds up on him.

He'll be 26 in four years time, though.

Look at some of his peers of a similar age and what they're doing - Lukaku, Pogba, Draxler for just three. Oxlade-Chamberlain is a good player, but he needs numbers in the final third and he just isn't getting them. He needs regular game time to increase his ability, but will he get that at Arsenal? He needs to be first choice to further his development - and put him in a team anywhere from 7th to 11th, and he would be.
Barkley too.

Oxlade Chamberlain doesn't really offer enough but I do feel like he's a useful person to have in the squad.
I've been telling you lot about Ox's lack of end product for a while.

Anyway what happened to him playing in midfield, didn't he have that wonder game away to Palace/West Ham (was a 2-0 win) and everyone got hyped over his 'engine' etc
Original post by jam277
Barkley too.

Oxlade Chamberlain doesn't really offer enough but I do feel like he's a useful person to have in the squad.

How happy will he be being a squad player, though? I mean, it's fine when you're 22 and you're at Arsenal, but in 18 months or two years when he hasn't kicked on and he's struggling to justify an England selection, surely he'll want game time and to be an automatic starter somewhere? He'd be a PFA Player of the Year candidate if he went to somewhere like Palace.
Original post by Mackay
He'll be 26 in four years time, though.

Look at some of his peers of a similar age and what they're doing - Lukaku, Pogba, Draxler for just three. Oxlade-Chamberlain is a good player, but he needs numbers in the final third and he just isn't getting them. He needs regular game time to increase his ability, but will he get that at Arsenal? He needs to be first choice to further his development - and put him in a team anywhere from 7th to 11th, and he would be.

"Some of his peers" - Lukaku is one of the best young strikers in the world, Pogba is one of the best midfielders of any age in the world, and Draxler is also very, very good (although he had a terrible 13/14 season didn't he?). They are all atypical, it would be like saying Sanchez isn't a good forward by comparing him to his 'peers' of a similar age, Messi, Muller, Lewandowski and Suarez. I personally think he should stay at Arsenal, but wouldn't say no to a loan to a decent team (maybe he can join Jenko at West Ham), but I think it would be a massive, massive mistake to just wash our hands of him and sell him on.
Original post by Mackay
How happy will he be being a squad player, though? I mean, it's fine when you're 22 and you're at Arsenal, but in 18 months or two years when he hasn't kicked on and he's struggling to justify an England selection, surely he'll want game time and to be an automatic starter somewhere? He'd be a PFA Player of the Year candidate if he went to somewhere like Palace.

@ar95 I know I overrated that fraud for some time but even I wasn't this #delusional.

Only record Ox would break at a team like palace is the number of failed dribbles in a season
Ox should be a lesson to Wenger don't buy English. English players don't develop into world class just look at the national team many of them have potential but never live up to it.
Reply 3119
Original post by jam277
Barkley too.

He isn't a useful player to have in the squad because he a not good.enough to be a squad player for us either. Whenever he steps on the pitch he has a detrimental effect to us

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest