The Student Room Group

BIMM Brighton applicants 2016

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Hey guys, my name's George (21)

I'm an applicant for the songwriting course. I applied slightly later so my audition isn't until March, however if I get on then I'll definitely be accepting BIMM Brighton as my first choice.

Just thought I'd make myself known and get to know some people before the course starts!

So hello everyone :smile:
Reply 41
Original post by wendyroseee
Hey, my name is Wendy and I got my offer for the music business course!! anyone else doing that one as well?
Also I am from Austria and travelling South East Asia until June, which worries me a bit cause I can't really look for an accomodation? Anyone interested in house sharing?
I am 18 yrs old and my favourite bands are The Strokes, King Krule, Mac DeMarco, Arctic Monkeys, Jamie XX etc

I'd just love to have a house share with likeminded people, that love to socialize as well :smile: (It's going to be my first time away from home, so not feeling lonely in my new home would help me a lot hehe)

Hey Wendy!! My name's Jaime and there is a group of a few of us on Facebook from this thread if you add me on Facebook i can add you to it my name's Jaime Sheerin x
Reply 42
Original post by Georgestocken
Hey I'm George (Stocken) 20, feel free to find me on Facebook! I've got my audition for Professional musicianship in vocals on the 30th! I think I am slightly late to the game, but hopefully they will let me in! 😬 I've got three people already studying in Brighton but I'm not sure they will want to leave the house they are in! So if there are houses needing someone to fill the space, I'd love to know! 😊

Hey George! There's a group of a few of us from this thread on Facebook I can add you if you want, my name is Jaime Sheerin, let me know x
Reply 43
Original post by c1arkman
Hey guys, my name's George (21)

I'm an applicant for the songwriting course. I applied slightly later so my audition isn't until March, however if I get on then I'll definitely be accepting BIMM Brighton as my first choice.

Just thought I'd make myself known and get to know some people before the course starts!

So hello everyone :smile:

Hey George, I'm Jaime, there's a few of us from this thread on Facebook i could add you to the group, just add me on Facebook my name's Jaime Sheerin x
Hiya, I'm Kerrie - I've applied (and been offered a place) for Events Management, I really want to put Brighton as my first choice but the lack of accomadation is putting me off as I'm from Leeds what's every1 doing ect xx
Reply 45
Original post by Kxrrix-T
Hiya, I'm Kerrie - I've applied (and been offered a place) for Events Management, I really want to put Brighton as my first choice but the lack of accomadation is putting me off as I'm from Leeds what's every1 doing ect xx

Hey there's a few of us in a group chat on Facebook and people are sorting out housing and stuff on that and I'm from Manchester so I get what you mean, my name is Jaime Sheerin on Facebook, if you add me, I'll add you to the chat :smile:
There's quite a few Jamie Sheerin's on Facebook haha, mines Kerrie Truong it's just me in the pic with a green top on:smile: thank you
Original post by Jaime_S
Hey there's a few of us in a group chat on Facebook and people are sorting out housing and stuff on that and I'm from Manchester so I get what you mean, my name is Jaime Sheerin on Facebook, if you add me, I'll add you to the chat :smile:

There's quite a few Jamie Sheerin's on Facebook haha, mines Kerrie Truong it's just me in the pic with a green top on:smile: thank you
I tried to find a few of you on facebook but have no idea if I got the right ones haha :smile:
How long did people receive their offers after having their audition? Asking for someone else :smile:
Hi, just been for my assessment and got a letter of recommendation for te diploma but going to re-assess. Looking for people to share accommodation also.
Reply 51
Hi, just been offered a place for Music Business. I haven't accepted it yet, but I think I will. I'm very curious who will I possibly be studying with :smile: Ofc I'm looking for people to share accommodation
Hey there :smile: My name is Sam, Im 18 years old and i am going to be studying the BA in Professional Musicianship course in Guitar at BIMM Brighton. My friend, called Niall (will be 18 this year ) is also going to be studying the Songwriting course there. Just wanted to meet a few people before hand and see who else is looking for house sharing as i am aware that it is better to sort it out sooner rather than later :smile: looking forward to hearing from you guys, cheers!
Hi guys, I'm Amy from Sunderland and I'll be 18 in a few months. I have a late audition on April 9th for Professional Musicianship Guitar and I am wondering what the audition includes. Like what kind of stuff they ask you to do and what questions they may ask. I'm hoping my late audition won't affect anything, due to me having to have a serious wrist operation in December I couldn't do any earlier! I look forward to hearing from you's! :smile:
Alright, I'm Nick 22 from London. Got an offer for the songwriting degree which I'll definitely be accepting. Like everyone else I'm looking for others to house share with as I don't fancy sleeping under the pier for 3 years :smile: add me on Facebook, Nick Collins. My profile pic is me onstage and my cover picture says "no stage diving'.

And to Amy, I also did the Professional Musicianship Guitar assessment and it's really relaxed and casual. A few things they ask is who are your three biggest influences and what you aspire to do after uni. They also asked me to perform some basic chord shapes (Think they were A, Am, A7, Adim and A#dim) and I also had to improvise some slow blues as the tutor played rhythm as well as my prepared piece. I got a re-assessment for it as my theory isn't the best but as long and you know the basics you'll be fine, hope this helped.
Thanks for the reply! That sounds really good actually! Hopefully my theory is okay since I recently sat my Grade V theory exam a few weeks ago! I'll get practicing!
Hey, I'm Tom, 20, from Essex. Gonna be studying Event Management at BIMM. Definitely on the idea of house/flat sharing so just putting myself around to find others that are keen on doing so!
I'm also a musician, so living with others sounds pretty sweet, but of course i'm open to all offers.
I'm quite terrible at these sorta websites so best way to contact me would be on Facebook, the names Tom Jackson and my profile photo is a very nervous me standing next to Scroobius Pip. Look forward to hearing from you!
Reply 57
Hi, I'm Claudia and I'm going to start studying at BIMM Brighton in september, but I'm having some problems in finding an accommodation, and since I'm Italian and I'm not sure of what I should be doing I would be happy if I could talk with someone about this... is there any group of Facebook I could join maybe? :smile:
Reply 58
Hiya I'm going to start the event management course in September and wanted to know if anyone else is looking for accommodation! If you're looking for an extra person please message me on Facebook - Ghosia Akram :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 59
Hey I'm Samuel, I have a place on the Professional Musicianship course doing vocals. I was just wondering how many of you already have accomedation? If so, how hard was it to find accomedation and people to share with?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending