The Student Room Group

Cameron to say face veils need to be removed for officials

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Savage R3N3GAD3
Should be a total ban on all forms of head and face coverings because it's very intimidating, it's a security threat and has no place in this society.

So no hats then?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Should be a total ban on all forms of head and face coverings because it's very intimidating, it's a security threat and has no place in this society.

So no motor bike helmets then or Jewish Kippah's

Or Hats or hoodies

You've really not though this through have you.
It might make a lot easier for them to eat spaghetti.

kZgzQjIDTic
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 23
Original post by Katty3
So no hats then?

Posted from TSR Mobile

You have to remove a hat or face covering if a police officer states

Why does not being able to see someones head feel intimidating to you?
What kind of society? An intolerant one it seems.
Reply 25
Original post by ArabianPhoenix
You can't fight ignorance love, these white people on tsr are just messed up lol

That's racism. It concerns us because we live in this country just as much as you. You would feel intimidated if white people walked around in balaclavas wouldn't you?
Reply 26
Original post by MsFahima
Why does not being able to see someones head feel intimidating to you?
What kind of society? An intolerant one it seems.

Of course if someone walked into a shop in balaclava that wouldn't scare you?
Original post by sw651
You have to remove a hat or face covering if a police officer states

If this is a question of a police officer asking for the headscarf to be removed then I am sure we are very co-operative. Also, women police officers are available in case this is necessary.
Original post by sw651
Of course if someone walked into a shop in balaclava that wouldn't scare you?

Well, it might be a bit weird but a headscarf does not look like a balaclava. I'm not talking about the veil, just the headscarf.
Reply 29
If this is a question of a police officer asking for the headscarf to be removed then I am sure we are very co-operative. Also, women police officers are available in case this is necessary.

No. An person wearing a hijab/niqab is protected as it is religious, however as a previous poster mentioned it isn't compulsory
Original post by FluffyCherry
And why would shops ban them anyway? :s-smilie:
A women has the choice to wear a niqab or burqa, and if she wants to then that's her choice! Why would it concern you if you don't see her face, huh?! This honestly has nothing to do with you or anyone else!
As far as I know, wearing the niqab or burqa is not obligatory in Islam so when it comes to security checks and other needed situations, taking it off for facial identification is totally understandable, but other than that I don't see it as a big deal?!!!

'The choice'. Ha.
Original post by thunder_chunky
It might make ot easier for them to eat spaghetti.

kZgzQjIDTic

They are eating the body of the holy flying spaghetti monster.
One with the body, one with the mind, one with the meatballs.
Reply 32
Well, it might be a bit weird but a headscarf does not look like a balaclava. I'm not talking about the veil, just the headscarf.

However, both cover features of the wearer and as such can conceal identity
Also, women police officers are available in case this is necessary.

What if a women police officer isn't available?
Reply 34
Original post by Arkasia
'The choice'. Ha.

My question is if it is a 'choice', then there shouldn't be a problem removing it should there?
Original post by sw651
No. An person wearing a hijab/niqab is protected as it is religious, however as a previous poster mentioned it isn't compulsory

Yes, NIQAB (face veil) is not necassary, but covering the head (Hijab) is necessary.

Original post by sw651
However, both cover features of the wearer and as such can conceal identity

No, if the face is visible you are not concealing your identity??

Original post by BaconandSauce
What if a women police officer isn't available?

Then, for security reasons, it is permissible to remove the headscarf or the veil.
Original post by Arkasia
'The choice'. Ha.

Yes, CHOICE. What's so amusing?

Then, for security reasons, it is permissible to remove the headscarf or the veil.

So a women isn't required at all and given this would leave many companies open to claims of sexual discrimination I'm glad you respond this way

But sadly you are the first person I have asked this question too that has responded like this.
Reply 38
Yes, NIQAB (face veil) is not necassary, but covering the head (Hijab) is necessary.

No, if the face is visible you are not concealing your identity??

1. This is wrong, I have Muslim friends who don't wear it.

2. Incorrect, face shape is used as determination for identity too, the Hijab conceals that unless it is worn loosely
Reply 39
What a disgrace cameron is. We need a full ban

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending