The Student Room Group

Are you part of any uni societies?

Poll

Are you part of any uni societies?

Which ones? :cookie:

Scroll to see replies

Way too many!

Within my college, I run our theatre company and nail art society. I also sing in two choirs, help out on our welfare committee and broadcast society, and occasionally play rounders as well. I'm also one of the people responsible for overseeing the running and organisation of college societies as a whole.

Within the university, I set up/run our kink society, and also do swing dancing and some wider student theatre.

Plus a couple of volunteering projects. And some additional roles within college.

...help?
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by clonedmemories
Way too many!

Within my college, I run our theatre company and nail art society. I also sing in two choirs, help out on our welfare committee and broadcast society, and occasionally play rounders as well. I'm also one of the people responsible for overseeing the running and organisation of college societies as a whole.

Within the university, I set up/run our kink society, and also do swing dancing and some wider student theatre.

What are you studying? Where do you find the time to do your degree!? :lol:

I do swing dancing/lindy hop too :woo: It's lots of fun :h:
Original post by Puddles the Monkey
What are you studying? Where do you find the time to do your degree!? :lol:

I do swing dancing/lindy hop too :woo: It's lots of fun :h:

Anthropology and Sociology. Third year. The answer is I have absolutely no idea! I'm lucky in that I always seem to work best at the last minute, so as long as I can shut myself away two days before a deadline, I can get everything done and do as well as I'd like. I think that's what tends to make it easier on me.

I love swing/lindy hop! I'm really hoping that where I move after university will have classes. I've already located some in my home town, so that's a good start. I'd really miss not being able to do it!
Reply 4
Original post by 5being
sexy people society

Every rule has an exception
Reply 5
Joined way too many in 1st year- Cheer, Tea, Bar, Law, Tory, Public Speaking, Riding, Cheese.
(I attended some events of all of them but 2 socs)
Since then, I've just joined Law, Tory and Tea.
This year, only Tory.

Sad timesss
I'm on a lot of random mailing lists but the only ones I'm part of are the UKIP society, the Concert Orchestra (On committee as well), the physics society and the astronomy society and I'm also on the college committee as well. Might look into joining another few as I have too much free time on my hands
Reply 7
I do Brass Band and CU.
I joined LingSoc, but it's at the same time as CU so I don't go.
Also on the mailing list for Bell Ringing (which I would love to take up again but haven't... yet)
I'm part of the Islamic Society (on committee)!
Electric Vehicle Society (We're building an electric racing car)
Robotics Society (We build robots)
Space Flight Society (Anything space related)
Recreational Badminton (Just playing badminton for fun)
Also.. too many:
Karate
Anime Soc
East African Soc
Student Newspaper
Student Television Society
Street Dance
Badminton
Christian Union
Chess Soc
Video Games Soc
Book Club
East Asian Research Society
Backstage Society

Edit:
Guide Dog Soc
Leeds RAG
(edited 8 years ago)
I set up/run our kink society

What's a kink society? :confused:
I'm part of the hip hop dance society at my uni and also on committee for it
Original post by Davalla
What's a kink society? :confused:

Exactly what it says on the tin.
Exactly what it says on the tin.

I thought so. :erm:
Reply 15
Time to Change - We're a student society with the same aims as the national organisation of fighting mental health stigma and discrimination

Manchester Students Against Racism - A recently founded society trying to tackle racism in Manchester and on our university campuses

^ I'm treasurer for both :smile:
Reply 16
Original post by Arkasia

An exception disproves the rule
Original post by Sint
An exception disproves the rule

That's true, but consider this development:

fite me
Original post by bigboateng_
Electric Vehicle Society (We're building an electric racing car)
Robotics Society (We build robots)
Space Flight Society (Anything space related)
Recreational Badminton (Just playing badminton for fun)

As an engineering student. Where the hell are these societies at my college! :biggrin:. Only met one other guy who has remotely similar interests to me, Only met him since I walked past him disasembling his BMW in the college car park lol.

The closest thing we have is a drone society which I really didnt find very interesting (less building more flying RC toys around)
Original post by Arkasia

Sick burns...

Quick Reply

Latest