The Student Room Group

Cameron to say face veils need to be removed for officials

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by thunder_chunky
In the name of the pasta, the sauce, and the parmesan cheese, amen.
It's "ramen", you heretic.
Reply 81
Original post by MsFahima
I don't know if you believe in God, but I do and I believe he looks at our intentions and he knows we aren't revealing ourselves so we can attract people (sexually/physically etc), rather for identification and security purposes. Nothing wrong with that imo.
So, why doesn't this apply generally. If you are out wearing jeans and a t-shirt, with no intention of sexually attracting a male (the way most normal people behave), Allah knows this and will reward you accordingly. Therefore no need for a hijab or jilbab, etc.
I assumed this was already the law? so it's only just being suggested now? :|
Reply 83
Original post by BaconandSauce
And in shops with CCTV

and getting on the bus if you have a photo bus pass

Or buying certain products that are age restricted

The list goes on

Lol veil wearers don't buy many age restricted items.
Original post by QE2
It's "ramen", you heretic.

Uh oh, here's hoping the great noodely one doesn't strike me down for that.
Reply 85
Original post by sleepysnooze
I assumed this was already the law? so it's only just being suggested now? :|

It aleeady happens, Cameron is just playing party politics. Shameful.
Reply 86
Hijab means modesty. And people interpret it in different ways. Wearing a headscarf is one way.
This seems to contradict your earlier claim that the hijab is compulsory...

"Yes, NIQAB (face veil) is not necassary, but covering the head (Hijab) is necessary.

Yes, they have a choice of following the religion and it's rules. You can't force anybody. In Islam we are told not to force anyone.
But if you choose to follow the religion, you are obliged to obey the rules, are you not? Can someone choose to be a Muslim but do it on their own terms? Eating pork, drinking alcohol and not bothering with hajj (despite being able to do it), for instance?
Reply 87
Original post by QE2
Then why do so many Muslim women not wear one?
And why do so many Muslim women who do wear one, not follow the Quran's instruction to pull loose fitting garments around themselves, but wear tight clothes?
And if the intention is to avoid the interest of men, why all the make-up, patterned hijabs, jewellery, etc?

Don't make no sense.

Because people are not perfect. They don't follow thier religon perfectly. Simple logic really.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 88
Yes, ofcourse!
So it is not neccessary?
You said that it was!

No wonder there is so much interpretation and confusion, when you can't even maintain a consistent position over the course of a few posts!
Original post by Nununu
Lol veil wearers don't buy many age restricted items.

They do buy some
Reply 90
No, there is a problem. You are taking away our freedom to practice our religion.
But your religion permits you to keep slaves and beat your wife, yet this is illegal. Is this a problem because you are not free to practice your religion?
Reply 91
Original post by TheThiefOfBagdad
Is covering your face a requirement for all muslim women?
No. only to dress modestly, cast their gaze down and draw their shawls around their chests (and not stamp their feet when walking:confused: )
Reply 92
Original post by The Epicurean
I thought women who wear the Niqab were already required to remove the face veil for security check (for example at airports) and in court if needed.

You're right. Although it isn't a 'Law' Their always asked to remove it for identification. I have family members who wear it. You remove it in college for interviews and applications, for ID when your taking your driving licences and test and etc..
Reply 93
Original post by QE2
This seems to contradict your earlier claim that the hijab is compulsory...

"Yes, NIQAB (face veil) is not necassary, but covering the head (Hijab) is necessary.

But if you choose to follow the religion, you are obliged to obey the rules, are you not? Can someone choose to be a Muslim but do it on their own terms? Eating pork, drinking alcohol and not bothering with hajj (despite being able to do it), for instance?

Wow. You really dont know how to read between the lines. They said the hijab is compulsory, implying they interpert the religion obliges the hijab not veil, but others may interpret the religion differently.

And yes if you choose to follow a religion then you choose to follow the rules. Although different people interpret the religion differentlly. Its really not hard to understand.

Say for example two judges have to follow the laws of Britain but they interpert the law differently.
Reply 94
Original post by ikhan94
Oh yes and previous discussions about muslims have gone well haven't they...
Just to be clear - criticising any aspect of Islamic ideology or practice is not racist.

Islam is an ideology, and ideologies can be mercilessly ripped to shreds with impunity. Would you call someone who criticised and opposed Fascism, a "racist"?
Original post by Ace123
http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/635929/Burka-ban-UK-Muslim-women-will-have-to-remove-face-veil-for-officials

The veils will have to be removed for security reasons, according to Cameron.

Good
Reply 96
Original post by ChaoticButterfly
I went to a supposedly secular primary school that had a hell of a lot of religion in it. It did teach m,e to dislike religion so... :yy:

They really had to scrape the barrel when it came to telling us Old Testament 'fables' that were in anyway suitable for children. Funny how they didn't tell of the on where you should offer your female slave to be raped and cut into tiny pieces in order to escape from attackers :rofl:

Mine focused on the New Testament.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by BaconandSauce
And in shops with CCTV

and getting on the bus if you have a photo bus pass

Or buying certain products that are age restricted

The list goes on

Its almost like seeing peoples faces is kinda important. Whudda thunk it wasnt because white people like to beat brown people with sticks
People on here calling for a ban are the same people who cry for freedom of expression.
Original post by 0123456543210
Stop following the false faith, reject everything that Quran tells and follow the true Lord: The Great Flying Spaghetti Monster!

And his hovercraft messenger spangooli

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending