The Student Room Group

4 year Wellcome Trust PhD in Integrative Neuroscience Interview

Scroll to see replies

Has anyone applied to the 4 year WT KCL Stem Cell Therapy and Regen Medicine Phd/ Cambridge WT Stem Cell Biology and Medicine for 2016 entry? and heard anything back?
Reply 61
Has anyone heard anything from UCL or Oxford yet? Nervous waiting!
Original post by karlinskit
Thanks for cheering. Well in fact I think I did sent you a PM to which you responded in public :smile: but possibly I don't know how to use this web. Anyway now all there is to do is to hope for an interview invitation from either one of the other wt 4 year PhD... UCL, Cardiff, Oxford and Sussex.. All responses should come fairly soon!
Yes, Ill be very happy to hear some more about your research, who supervises you and so on. :smile: Whenever you'll be in the right mood (Good luck on exams if you have any)!

It was a visitor message, not private, but don't worry about it. If you want to know specifics send me a PM, but yes for now just keep fingers crossed. :smile:

Original post by YesDoc
Has anyone heard anything from UCL or Oxford yet? Nervous waiting!

Good luck :smile:
Ahh! I actually got an interview at Cardiff this year! :dance: I suppose doing my masters here helped :lol:

Thank you to everyone who shared their experiences on here! Any tips would be awesome!
Congrads :smile: Got their email today?

Good luck in the interview! I think they had some tips in the beginning of the thread
Congrads :smile: Got their email today?

Good luck in the interview! I think they had some tips in the beginning of the thread

Yep :smile: And thank you!
Anyone got an interview from Sussex 4 year PhD programme in neuroscience?
Original post by TeaAndSugar
Ahh! I actually got an interview at Cardiff this year! :dance: I suppose doing my masters here helped :lol:

Thank you to everyone who shared their experiences on here! Any tips would be awesome!

:party: Congrats!!
Original post by punctuation
:party: Congrats!!

Thank you! Trying not to freak out too much :lol:
Original post by TeaAndSugar
Thank you! Trying not to freak out too much :lol:

Same here, arrgh. Sorry if it's been discussed before, does anyone know how many people have been shortlisted? It seems so cruel to put us all together for 2 days, have all these events organised, then only pick out 4 of us...
Original post by limpid87green
Same here, arrgh. Sorry if it's been discussed before, does anyone know how many people have been shortlisted? It seems so cruel to put us all together for 2 days, have all these events organised, then only pick out 4 of us...

For the oxford and UCL ones they interview 30 people.
For the oxford and UCL ones they interview 30 people.

:frown: Brutal.
:frown: Brutal.

Where are you applying?
Where are you applying?

Just Cardiff and Sussex in terms of integrative neuroscience. Cardiff said they'd be contacting successful candidates today so I'm guessing I wasn't one of them. Anyone heard from them? :smile:
Just Cardiff and Sussex in terms of integrative neuroscience. Cardiff said they'd be contacting successful candidates today so I'm guessing I wasn't one of them. Anyone heard from them? :smile:

The interviews for the 4 year programme at Sussex already took place?
The interviews for the 4 year programme at Sussex already took place?

They did, sorry. :frown: Keep in mind these programmes are very very competitive though so it doesn't mean your application wasn't excellent - someone said that around 300 people had applied, and there were only around 20 at the interview.
Has anyone attended their Cardiff interview?
Original post by samiunnehar
Has anyone attended their Cardiff interview?

The Cardiff interviews were a couple of weeks ago :smile:
Reply 78
Hello everyone! I'm going to have an interview for the Bristol program next week... any tips? :smile: I'm ok with questions about my current research project but I do tend to freeze with more "personal" questions (for example "why do you want to study a phd?") so I would like to be prepared :biggrin:
Reply 79
Original post by issle
So I've been invited for an interview for the Wellcome Trust 4 year PhD programme at Cardiff Uni, and wondered if anyone else has been through an interview for one of these PhD's?

I've been for two PhD interviews in the past (unsuccessful both times because I was competing with Masters Grads - and I'm only BSc, hence applying for this four year studentship), but I feel this interview process is going to be different, and I was wondering if anyone here has also been invited for interview or has done one before?

I mean, the others have been a simple hour interview, a little on the topic but mainly on personal competencies, and I can do that. This one is over two days, informal lunch/dinner invites, campus and lab tours, a formal interview flung in there too, but it's already sounding worlds apart, and considering how competitive Wellcome Trust Phd's are I'm feeling like this interview is going to be a little more intense.

So yeah, just wondering if anyone can offer experiences of these interviews or is preparing for one and has a little more of an idea of what to expect that I do...?

Hello :smile: ive sent you an email on student room :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending