The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

UCL Medicine Applicants 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Sp22
Ahhh sorry to hear ! When did you have your interview and how did u feel it went ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

13th Jan

I actually thought it went well! Except for a minor head shaking for saying that people are used to working on weekdays and relaxing on weekends, it was alright. I might have talked too much maybe.

But I'm an international, so I guess the odds were never in my favour in the first place.

Original post by mario64
ah unlucky mate, well done on getting an interview though!

Yeah thanks. Have 2 more chances left so fingers crossed.
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Original post by shinthong123
13th Jan

I actually thought it went well! Except for a minor head shaking for saying that people are used to working on weekdays and relaxing on weekends, it was alright. I might have talked too much maybe.

But I'm an international, so I guess the odds were never in my favour in the first place.

Yeah thanks. Have 2 more chances left so fingers crossed.

An International with 3 interviews?! I get the feeling you're going to be just fine pal
Original post by amccluskey
An International with 3 interviews?! I get the feeling you're going to be just fine pal

Thank you? ??? :biggrin:

Nah but one of those is Edinburgh so I have no idea how that will turn out.
Thank you? ??? :biggrin:

Nah but one of those is Edinburgh so I have no idea how that will turn out.

have you requested for feedback from UCL ?
Reply 584
Hi, has anyone with a low bmat score, but good grades been rejected yet?
Reply 585
Could someone please post the interview dates, as I seem to have deleted the email :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 586
Original post by Amoey
Could someone please post the interview dates, as I seem to have deleted the email :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wednesday 16 December 2015
Wednesday 13 January 2016
Tuesday 19 January 2016
Wednesday 20 January 2016
Tuesday 26 January 2016
Wednesday 27 January 2016
Tuesday 2 February 2016
Wednesday 3 February 2016
Tuesday 9 February 2016
Wednesday 10 February 2016
Tuesday 16 February 2016
Wednesday 17 February 2016
Tuesday 23 February 2016
Wednesday 24 February 2016
Tuesday 1 March 2016
Wednesday 2 March 2016
Tuesday 8 March 2016
Wednesday 9 March 2016
Tuesday 15 March 2016
Wednesday 16 March 2016

Hope this helps :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Jinnyjinjin
have you requested for feedback from UCL ?

I'm planning to but they mentioned in the email that their priority is to sort out the remaining interviews and offers so they might not get a chance to reply until April/May.
Reply 588
What is the latest interview date anyone has?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Amoey
Hi, has anyone with a low bmat score, but good grades been rejected yet?

I have an extremely low bmat (3.7 3.3 4A) but decent grades and haven't been rejected yet
Reply 590
Original post by masryman97
I have an extremely low bmat (3.7 3.3 4A) but decent grades and haven't been rejected yet

My BMAT is quite low too, but grades pretty decent. 😭

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by cycl
Well they care to the point at which they ask you questions about it in the interview, and at my pre interview talk, one of their criteria was apparently how well we communicate our ideas, which they say they partly determine from our BMAT essay. Although they did stress that they understand it was under timed and pressured circumstances.

Do you mind if I ask if they asked vague and general questions about your BMAT essay or if they asked specific questions that they picked based on what you wrote?
Also, did the BMAT essay discussion take up a significant amount of your interview time? Because I understand that the interview only lasts 15-20 mins which isn't that long for a discussion and for other questions.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by chehjuan
Do you mind if I ask if they asked vague and general questions about your BMAT essay or if they asked specific questions that they picked based on what you wrote?
Also, did the BMAT essay discussion take up a significant amount of your interview time? Because I understand that the interview only lasts 15-20 mins which isn't that long for a discussion and for other questions.

Highly variable. For my interview they asked one question and moved on, for another applicant I talked to they asked him extensively about it for like 15 minutes, for yet another one they didn't mention it at all. As for the interview time, they often overrun by about 5-10 mins, there are some that were underrun as well.
Reply 593
Original post by chehjuan

Well since I did question 1 and apparently everyone else did question 3 or something, they asked me why I chose that question. Then they asked how it relates to medicine etc. But yea probably only 2-3 questions on it.
Post Interview Rejection:frown:
Reply 595
Original post by Mathsbuzz
Post Interview Rejection:frown:

Ahhh I'm sorry to hear :frown: how did you feel the interview went and did they give feedback on improvements ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Highly variable. For my interview they asked one question and moved on, for another applicant I talked to they asked him extensively about it for like 15 minutes, for yet another one they didn't mention it at all. As for the interview time, they often overrun by about 5-10 mins, there are some that were underrun as well.

Original post by cycl
Well since I did question 1 and apparently everyone else did question 3 or something, they asked me why I chose that question. Then they asked how it relates to medicine etc. But yea probably only 2-3 questions on it.

Thanks! Really appreciate it :smile:
hi, does anyone have an interview on Wednesday the 27th of January (next week). Just wondering how people are planning to get there with the tube strikes happening :/
Reply 598
Anyone with an interview tomorrow ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 599
Hi everyone! Hope you're doing well. Thanks for all of your responses so far - if you haven't voted and would like to see how your current application status compares to this years' other applicants, then please follow the link below to do so :smile:

UCL Medicine Applicants 2016 - Vote - Application Status

Quick Reply

Latest