The Student Room Group

Should he have been fired?

There's a guy at my work who had been caught stealing orange juices that we sell over a period of time (he would go into the stock room, pick one out and drink them and then hide the bottle and carry on with his work)

He's admitted to me that he's stolen the bike he was using before now, yet I found out he had been let off only with a final warning despite upper management threatening to get rid of the thief's job and give whoever it was a criminal record

I personally find it shocking and appalling that he got let off so lightly; what do you think?
:eek:

That's... Actually pretty shocking imo; especially when it's a criminal offence.
Reply 2
:angry: Disgusting isn't it?
Original post by Anonymous
There's a guy at my work who had been caught stealing orange juices that we sell over a period of time (he would go into the stock room, pick one out and drink them and then hide the bottle and carry on with his work)

He's admitted to me that he's stolen the bike he was using before now, yet I found out he had been let off only with a final warning despite upper management threatening to get rid of the thief's job and give whoever it was a criminal record

I personally find it shocking and appalling that he got let off so lightly; what do you think?

It depends on the circumstances and his value to the company. If someone is stealing stock and admits they knew what they were doing is gross misconduct and that person is easily replaceable, then they'd be fired. If they can create doubt over whether they knew they weren't allowed to do it, and are a very hard working and necessary part of the team, then the course of action would be a final written warning and send a memo out to everyone making it clear what is/isn't acceptable to use.
Original post by Anonymous

Finders keepers (losers weepers) :rofl:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending