The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Sad truth is we can't afford to sell Fellaini right now. We need him unless we get a replacement.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Fizzel
Sad truth is we can't afford to sell Fellaini right now. We need him unless we get a replacement.

Posted from TSR Mobile

You need for the chaos factor he brings you.

I do think he has regressed as a footballer, though. When he keeps the ball, he tends to use it well, and nobody can deny his ability to make things happen in the final third by breeding sheer uncertainty in opposition defences.

Sadly, though, he doesn't seem to offer anything in the other two thirds of the park. He regularly is outjumped and outfought. I don't think anybody of his height should lose so many headers.
Delighted if Fellaini goes but need another couple of players to fill that.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Fizzel

Posted from TSR Mobile

Apparently we have been looking at a few young Athletico Madrid players to replace him (as man utd scouts were spotted at athletico games) but rumours say that one of our bids was rejected caz they wanted more money! Also I'm not really sure what's going on but I think Athletico have some sort of transfer ban from Fifa.... (?)
(edited 8 years ago)
Sell Fellaini and play Pereira & promote Fosu Mensah. Can't be any worse than Fellaini.

Original post by Mackay
Januzaj > Sterling, right guys?!

Yup forever and always
Original post by Dirtybit
Sell Fellaini and play Pereira & promote Fosu Mensah. Can't be any worse than Fellaini.
Fellaini had a pretty important hand in the winner at the weekend. We can complain about how bad he is but his inclusion is just a reflection of how bad the alternatives are, and neither of those players are ready to be starters, questionable whether they are even first teamers.

Original post by trapking
Apparently we have been looking at a few young Athletico Madrid players to replace him (as man utd scouts were spotted at athletico games) but rumours say that one of our bids was rejected caz they wanted more money! Also I'm not really sure what's going on but I think Athletico have some sort of transfer ban from Fifa.... (?)
We don't need young players we needs starters that is who they are replacing, plus scouts obviously look at far more people than they sign. Transfer ban won't matter this window, possibly not even next.

Niguez presumably rejected us because he wants to stay in the CL with Atletico, Valencia seems like our potential scouting ground.
Original post by Fizzel
Fellaini had a pretty important hand in the winner at the weekend. We can complain about how bad he is but his inclusion is just a reflection of how bad the alternatives are, and neither of those players are ready to be starters, questionable whether they are even first teamers.

Depends on how you look at it. Fellaini messes up a lot of potential chances when it comes to playing the ball to feet. Only thing he offers in attack is his heading ability which isn't exactly the best. He hasn't scored a header from open play at all this season if I recall so what has he even offered? The header which created the chance for Rooney was from a set piece which if a target man is needed Smalling is more than adequate for set pieces. Pereira is 100x more creative and technically better on the ball as we saw when he came on to replace Fellaini against Sheffield, he was only on for a few minutes and was able to do more than Fellaini did all game. Only way to know if Pereira is ready to be a starter is to play him which hasn't been done, yet Fellaini is a starter for us which he isn't even good enough to be.

*Atletico
Original post by difeo
*Atletico

*Atlético
Original post by FFTypoCorrector
*Atlético

u cheeky kent
Rekt
Are they any good AC Milan players that we can trade Fellaini with?

I heard about Bacca but I think he's too old, I remember Honda from the WC and I think he could be a good choice but it begs the question of whether he's as useful as Fellaini in the squad as im not sure Honda offers more than Mata.

Going through the squad of AC and Inter on Wikipedia was just a sad experience tbh there is very little quality left which we should learn from as if we hire the wrong managers and don't invest in quality players we could end up like them... Apparantly Inter want Fellaini as well, I wouldn't mind swapping Fellaini plus £ for Icardi who I haven't ever seen play but he's highly rated apparantly and only 22 plus he's got decent stats and we need a good CF.
Original post by SirAlexFerguson

I heard about Bacca but I think he's too old, I remember Honda from the WC and I think he could be a good choice but it begs the question of whether he's as useful as Fellaini in the squad as im not sure Honda offers more than Mata.

Going through the squad of AC and Inter on Wikipedia was just a sad experience tbh there is very little quality left which we should learn from as if we hire the wrong managers and don't invest in quality players we could end up like them... Apparantly Inter want Fellaini as well, I wouldn't mind swapping Fellaini plus £ for Icardi who I haven't ever seen play but he's highly rated apparantly and only 22 plus he's got decent stats and we need a good CF.

Bacca is good, I'd take him for Fellaini for sure myself.

Inter won't give us Icardi lol, they'll want a LOT for him...

Inter probably have a squad as strong as yours, they have Jovetic and Icardi for starters in attack. They have Miranda who's better than any of your defenders and Jeison Murillo who's quite young and can fill in for your squad in a few years. Montoya plays at RB and they also have Kondogbia.

AC Milan's squad is trash all round though.

Freddy Guarin?
Original post by jam277
Inter probably have a squad as strong as yours, they have Jovetic and Icardi for starters in attack. They have Miranda who's better than any of your defenders and Jeison Murillo who's quite young and can fill in for your squad in a few years. Montoya plays at RB and they also have Kondogbia.

AC Milan's squad is trash all round though.

Two top goalkeepers in Handanovic and the new Buffon.
Original post by That Bearded Man
Two top goalkeepers in Handanovic and the new Buffon.

Yeah true. I didn't include them two since United have De Gea but yeah they are quality players. Inter aren't as awful as people make them out to be. AC Milan needs some work I guess but they'll be fine sooner or later.
Original post by FFTypoCorrector
*Atlético

Rekttttttt
Original post by Lúcio
Rekttttttt

I knew you'd like that since you're fussy with accents

fifa?
(edited 8 years ago)

Latest