The Student Room Group

Imperial College medicine applicants 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Hopefulmedic15
I fully understand what you mean but I don't think I've disclosed anything that will come up in their interview (personal stuff only I have done and was asked about) or anything they couldn't find out by reading the interview score sheet online (hence I answered the question about the length of the 'why medicine' question).

Funnily enough, and I don't mean this in an accusatory way because I've done the same, you were the one who said they asked very personalised questions telling us that they asked you last year about how you got onto the work experience placement that you did and whether it was fair for you to get it. I don't think sharing that helped me prepare for my interview and it won't particularly help other after us to do better either!

I think Not you will back me up by saying I really didn't reveal even a fraction of what they asked me in the interview that isn't already well known to come up 😂

Also, I've been kind enough not to put people on blast who have tried to message me pretending that they've already had their interview so I would tell them what came up. So FYI, anyone reading this, don't try, I really won't tell you anything.

Either way Yasmin, as I recall you have your interview on Wednesday, so good luck and I hope you do well :smile:

I didn't mean this as a personal attack on anyone aha. There's a difference between general advice and specific advice. Furthermore the information I gave was based on last year's performance, not on this admissions cycle so I haven't broken any confidentiality rules. I don't want to start an argument so I'll leave now :lol:

Hope it went well for you, and thanks :h:
I had my interview on 5th Jan and got an offer yesterday night. They seem to be coming through now :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Shazza.k
I had my interview on 5th Jan and got an offer yesterday night. They seem to be coming through now :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey congrats! Can I ask at what time the email came through?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey congrats! Can I ask at what time the email came through?

was it 22:01?
Original post by not you
was it 22:01?

Very specific time... Did you get one too??
Very specific time... Did you get one too??

No but in the regular Imperial applicants thread, people seem to get offers at exactly 22:01 for some reason
Original post by not you
No but in the regular Imperial applicants thread, people seem to get offers at exactly 22:01 for some reason

Ahh I see! Fair enough, I guess I'll be looking out for 22:01 from now on :L
Thank you! 23:04 yesterday night via ucas track. I got an email from Imperial this morning :smile: I think they have increased their standard offer to A*AA, as I didn't get a scholarship but it was my offer condition
Thank you! 23:04 yesterday night via ucas track. I got an email from Imperial this morning :smile: I think they have increased their standard offer to A*AA, as I didn't get a scholarship but it was my offer condition

Is Imperial your first choice?

I just called and it seems like everyone who has gotten an offer so far has had the conditions set to A*AA but the minimum offer is still 3As (I asked if that meant that it would be impossible to have a 3As offer and she said it wasn't but it was up to the uni to decide!)

All I can say is I'm pretty scared :s
It's my insurance

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
if this A*AA thing is true....

Did the conditions state whether or not the A* had to be in biology or chemistry?
I do 4 A-levels, the offer is:
A* A in biology and chemistry in any order.
A C in maths and physics in any order.
Posted from TSR Mobile
Ah yes, I was hearing rumours that the offer had been raised to A*AA this year. I didn't want to say anything as I wasn't 100% sure but good luck to everyone in meeting them - I'm sure you'll be fine. :smile:
Original post by usycool1
Ah yes, I was hearing rumours that the offer had been raised to A*AA this year. I didn't want to say anything as I wasn't 100% sure but good luck to everyone in meeting them - I'm sure you'll be fine. :smile:

as if it wasn't tough enough lol
Original post by Decerto
Did the conditions state whether or not the A* had to be in biology or chemistry?

From what I've heard, the A* has to be in either Biology or Chemistry.

Original post by nutcase13

I know right. It's such a brutal process is the application system. :frown:

It's all worth it after you get the offer though. :h:
Reply 877
has everyone whose received an offer so far received A*AA?
Original post by babsa
has everyone whose received an offer so far received A*AA?

Yes, I called and checked
Reply 879
Original post by nutcase13

Lmao. Make yourself feel better; over at the Computing department at Imperial, the base offer's A*A*AA (Computing MEng) with A*s being in Maths + Further Maths... and if you are even more unlucky you have the 2 in STEP 1 on top of that lol.

Talk about having a tough offer :P

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending