The Student Room Group

David Cameron on UK Muslim Communities: "We won’t let women be second-class citizens"

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Betelgeuse-
"Lazy feckless brits" who provide huge amounts of money for those countries
Also has nothing to do with the issue of the article

Right then. So what you want is to accommodate Arabic languages into our country so we can have middle class Saudis come work for us. Even if they can't speak the native language here.

That is exactly what we do in Germany, India, Greece, Denmark and so on. Danish Science degrees are taught in English now.

You guys don't even no you have been born and hold ridiculous double standards.
Original post by TheArtofProtest
Next week: David Cameron tackles the same issues in the Jewish community...

...Or not.

lmao how fitting is it that the very first reply in a thread involving introspection (something Muslim society is notoriously incapable of) is "yeah but Jews though"

You've somehow managed to incapsulate, in one sentence, the history of Islam and a summary of why the Muslim world will continue to be a backwards, non-progressive hole until the end of time.

A perfect illustration if there ever was one and, sadly, a display of precisely why Cameron can say what he likes. It's falling on deaf ears.
Reply 62
Original post by Kieselguhr
Treatment of women in Muslim communities is generally awful due to the nature of Islam and the countries it originates from. In my town, a large majority of the special school places are taken up by the children of Pakistani immigrants - this overrepresentation arises from the inbreeding as illiterate cousins etc are essentially sold into marriage then shipped over and are unable to learn the language and leave the house.

This treatment of women is solely unique to Islam - no other religion in the UK would even dare treat women like this. Islam, as a religion is almost entirely against our western, christian values and should rightly be forced to change by the government to bring it in line.

'This treatment of women is solely unique to Islam'

It really isn't. It's nothing to do with Islam, it stems from culture.
Original post by KimKallstrom
lmao how fitting is it that the very first reply in a thread involving introspection (something Muslim society is notoriously incapable of) is "yeah but Jews though"

You've somehow managed to incapsulate, in one sentence, the history of Islam and a summary of why the Muslim world will continue to be a backwards, non-progressive hole until the end of time.

A perfect illustration if there ever was one and, sadly, a display of precisely why Cameron can say what he likes. It's falling on deaf ears.

How fitting the first response to my point is not an acknowledgement that there are other groups who have similar issues but a defense of the unequal treatment that Muslims in this country are subjected to.

You have somehow managed to "incapsulate (sic)" the rhetoric and pandering of the Tory Party in marginalizing and using a minority group to score political points.

A perfect illustration, if ever there was one, of how gullible, prejudiced and biased some people are that they would use anything and everything to attack a group of people, in order to give the illusion of economic gains.
Reply 64
Original post by Gul89
liar who doesnt understand Islam.

British equality laws trump all crackpot religions.
Haha...calm down dear..
Want to live in England? Learn English. This is literally common sense, I wish he'd just deport them all instead and require them to learn English before they permenantly move here.
Original post by sjgriffiths
I'm quite glad for times like these when Cameron can demonstrate he's not just the evil nonsensical c**t everyone seems to love branding him as.

It seems as soon as any politician comes into power the British public automatically hates them. It even seems the Americans at least treat their leader with some amount of respect; it's a sad state of affairs if they're beating us in that area...

It's the Great British paradox. The thought of "too much" freedom is frightening to us, but we simultaneously hate and despise authority.
Original post by ChaoticButterfly
Right then. So what you want is to accommodate Arabic languages into our country so we can have middle class Saudis come work for us. Even if they can't speak the native language here.

That is exactly what we do in Germany, India, Greece, Denmark and so on. Danish Science degrees are taught in English now.

You guys don't even no you have been born and hold ridiculous double standards.

Explain to me how middle class Saudis are going to work here if they cannot speak English?

You are ridiculous and what exactly are my double standards?

If someone comes here with huge wealth and spends stimulates the economomy massively and doesnt need to work because they are wealthy, i dont care if they cannot speak English, just like expats retiring in Spain dont need to speak Spanish to benefit Spain massively.

COMING OVER HERE TO ESCAPE YOUR THIRD WORLD HELL HOLE? YOU BETTER BLOODY LEARN ENGLISH AND EARN A LIVING LIKE THE REST OF US. VERY VERY SIMPLE
(edited 8 years ago)
Explain to me how middle class Saudis are going to work here if they cannot speak English?

You are ridiculous

Same way middle clash English people work in other countries when they can not speak an ounce of the native language. I'm basically saying people like you would not stand for how things are in the rest fo the word outside your little English bubble.Least you can do is cut some slack to foreigners who live here. I don;t pretend you are doing oppressed Muslim women any favors by deporting them lol

You are ignorant.
Same way middle clash English people work in other countries when they can not speak an ounce of the native language. I'm basically saying people like you would not stand for how things are in the rest fo the word outside your little English bubble.Least you can do is cut some slack to foreigners who live here. I don;t pretend you are doing oppressed Muslim women any favors by deporting them lol

You are ignorant.

LMFAO How on earth do English people work in other countries without knowing the language my dear?
I also know someone who can't speak a word of Indian who lived in India for two years. Luckily they spoke English!

Look. Our language is everywhere. Stop moaning and get this stick out our collective arse about people not being able to speak perfect english when we are so useless as a nation in being able to speak other languages at the same time as our language is taking over the world.

Well it would help if Indian was a language that actually existed :wink:

As for your main point.....well jeez.....I guess we should all gain a working knowledge of Albanian and Somali.

Look, most people agree that English who live abroad ought to learn the local language. And guess what....most do. Sure, there are some retirees who don't exactly assimilate to Spanish culture but so what? Just because they're doing something which we don't condone, it doesn't mean we have to tolerate the same over here. That's like saying that because some Brits act like idiots in Thailand, we should be OK with Thais getting annihilated on drugs and mongering for prostitutes over here. Yeah how about no lol.

Most of us expect Brits living abroad to learn the language and the ways of the people in that country and so we should expect the same of others over here. If some Brits don't do it abroad, that's regrettable but take it up with them.
Original post by katinthehat
Over simplification of a complicated issue. People who immigrate to Britain for refuge, asylum or emigrational purposes do not 'become British'. If they are Syrian, they are Syrian. If they are Pakistani, they are Pakistani.

unless they will adopt and assimilate into the local culture.

Original post by katinthehat

Pakistan and Syria (to name two examples) are two countries with completely different values to ours: heavily patriarchal with a strong focus on women's inferiority. This does not make them 'bad' or 'evil' countries.

actually, it does. there are better and worse cultures; claiming all are equally good "but different" is a multiculturalism fallacy.
LMFAO How on earth do English people work in other countries without knowing the language my dear?

To be fair, some do. But only a minority though so your point still stands. Don't mention that though, it doesn't fit into the persecution he's dreamt up on behalf of other people who most likely don't even care.
Nice one Cameron for supporting these women with £20m to help them learn English!

....scenes when Cameron is reminded he drastically cut access to said English classes for female immigrants a few years ago...

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/end-to-free-language-classes-for-immigrants-2329186.html

Conservative party support mass immigration

Labour party support mass immigration

Where's the Democracy when both sides support this?

It's not an issue in the rest of the world, because they're smart enough not to flood their countries with immigration of other people different to them.

You are ignorant.

Here is why that isn't an argument.

1:smile: Those who stay long term often do make a concerted effort with the local language (many are just temporary workers)
2:smile: Non EU countries are often far harder and stricter to get into, many even demanding an university degree and a work sponsor in order to get a visa.
3:smile: On the whole, workers from western countries are better educated thus are more valuable workers.
I also know someone who can't speak a word of Indian who lived in India for two years. Luckily they spoke English!

Look. Our language is everywhere. Stop moaning and get this stick out our collective arse about people not being able to speak perfect english when we are so useless as a nation in being able to speak other languages at the same time as our language is taking over the world.

Indian isn't a language.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by DiddyDec
Indian isn't a language.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sorry PC brigade. Hope I didn't offend you liberal cucks.

Yeah I know it isn't but **** if I know what to call it. I imagine there are different regional ones as well.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Foo.mp3
1) His comments came following meetings he had had with female members of the Muslim community

2) News: Jewish orthodox school teaching ‘insularity’ closed after 40 years

Try finding a speech where our PM was critical of segregationist policies towards those of other faiths.

Occasionally, he also likes to take part in segregationist activities:

The issue is nothing to do with attacking people for segregationist policies, but attacking those who are more likely to vote Labour, to diminish their standing and to marginalize and demonize them.

If the Muslims donated millions of pounds to the Conservative Party, there wouldn't be as many attacks on Muslims in this country by politicians.

Quick Reply