The Student Room Group

Harris Westminster Applicants 2016

Who else has applied for HWSF?
How are you feeling about the Entrance Exams on 23rd Jan?
What's your interview topic?

Scroll to see replies

so freaked out to be honest... i have my English lit gcse day after tomorrow... not a good week!
Reply 2
Me too! What exams are you taking on Saturday?
i'm taking physics and maths as my exams and economics as my interview (if i even get to that stage), you?
Original post by nasm
Who else has applied for HWSF?
How are you feeling about the Entrance Exams on 23rd Jan?
What's your interview topic?

I have :smile:
Bad because I haven't prepared at all for French and don't have time to do anything for Maths but I should do well enough for an interview
Maths
Reply 5
I'm taking Chemistry and Maths on Saturday and hopefully Physics in the interview (I asked to change from maths)

So scared about the Chemistry, if they ask about empirical formula or electrolysis- I'm screwed.
Original post by nasm
I'm taking Chemistry and Maths on Saturday and hopefully Physics in the interview (I asked to change from maths)

So scared about the Chemistry, if they ask about empirical formula or electrolysis- I'm screwed.

😱
I heard that chemistry is the hardest exam, good luck
I'm doing English and Philosophy exams and politics interview, nervous for philosophy for sure.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by erodedsoul
I'm doing English and Philosophy exams and politics interview, nervous for philosophy for sure.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh god, i can't imagine sitting an English entrance exam... good luck, when's your time slot?
Original post by Fathima-afra
Oh god, i can't imagine sitting an English entrance exam... good luck, when's your time slot?

Thanks but English is my main (and only?) strong point aha, and I'm 9-11 at the halls.

Posted from TSR Mobile
English is one of my weak points, oh we have the same time slots... i nearly had a heart attack when i saw my admission number
Reply 11
English is one of my weak points, oh we have the same time slots... i nearly had a heart attack when i saw my admission number

Me too! I'm in the 2000s and I applied relatively early so the boundaries are probably really high
my friend's and mine are in the 1500s, apparently its been added onto the previous candidates from the past two years, we applied the day applications opened! damn... i think we are in a lot of competition!
Reply 13
Definitely, is HWSF your first choice?
Yeah, but I highly doubt my chances of getting in...you?
Reply 15
Same and yeah, hopefully I'll get to the interview stage though, do you know when we find out? And your 2nd choice?
i think they will send out letter to invite students to the interviews a week or two after the exam, maybe begining of february? 'm not quite sure...
I'm doing english aswell but im ****ting myself, the questions are so vague surely one doesn't carry the same techniques from the gcse exams into the entrance
exams???

Reply 18
i'm taking physics and maths as my exams and economics as my interview (if i even get to that stage), you?

Have you done the maths papers on the HWSF website?
If so how did you find it?
Original post by nasm
Have you done the maths papers on the HWSF website?
If so how did you find it?

I'm not the person you quoted (oops) but I did the maths paper on the website and found it fairly easy apart from one or two questions, but I don't think it'll be representative of the actual exam which will probably be much harder.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending