The Student Room Group
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge

Cambridge 2016 Postgraduate Entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1060
Original post by dreambabydream
Can it be multiple essays joined together? I don't have a piece anywhere near 15 pages yet (I've just started my dissertation)!

Yes you can submit two to make up the word count.
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge
Original post by dreambabydream
Can it be multiple essays joined together? I don't have a piece anywhere near 15 pages yet (I've just started my dissertation)!

It should be a single essay or excerpt. 15 pages is the maximum. You won't be penalized for submitting a shorter sample.
I had a Skype interview on Friday but on CamSIS the status is still showing "to be interviewed". Is it normal thing?
Original post by dani284
I had a Skype interview on Friday but on CamSIS the status is still showing "to be interviewed". Is it normal thing?

Probably just a case of the administrative staff not having caught up with the changes yet.
Congratulations to those who have received offers! I just submitted my application and received confirmation of online payment. Does anyone know how long before I can access my self-service account?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by k.anne
Congratulations to those who have received offers! I just submitted my application and received confirmation of online payment. Does anyone know how long before I can access my self-service account?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I got mine the next day.
Original post by Aceadria
I got mine the next day.

Same^
Original post by Aceadria
I got mine the next day.

Thanks to both ^

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi,

I'm hoping someone here could give me some tips re interviews. Mine has been scheduled for tomorrow with my supervisor and head of the school, i'm just unsure what to prepare, and is there a specific dress code for this?

Thanks a lot
Reply 1069
Original post by littlelee
Hi,

I'm hoping someone here could give me some tips re interviews. Mine has been scheduled for tomorrow with my supervisor and head of the school, i'm just unsure what to prepare, and is there a specific dress code for this?

Thanks a lot

Dress code is definitely slightly below a job interview. Maybe not a suit, but defo iron a nice shirt or smart dress or whatever you'd wear to formal occasions.
Reply 1070
Original post by Broyo
Dress code is definitely slightly below a job interview. Maybe not a suit, but defo iron a nice shirt or smart dress or whatever you'd wear to formal occasions.

It depends. Arts and Humanities are more relaxed than Law and Business.
Hi,

Thanks a lot

I haven't interviewed with Cambridge, but you can't go wrong with something smart. A suit, trousers/skirt with a nice shirt, or a dress would definitely be appropriate. Best of luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1072
@littlelee

Go over your research proposal. Be prepared to talk about previous research works (dissertation, projects etc). Give yourself refreshers on theories.

NB: This is from an engineering/scientific point of view.
(edited 8 years ago)
thank you everyone, the nerve is getting on me but as I've spoken to my supervisor before and she seemed very positive about it so fingers cross it'll go well.

Know your research proposal. I didn't have a formal interview, but did have a chat with my supervisors who had a few questions. I was asked nothing about my undergraduate degree but they were keen on getting an idea of my long-term plans (after the program, research direction, etc...)

This is a humanities subject, by the way.
Has anyone applied for the MPhil in machine learning? When did you submit your application? Any news?
I have applied for an MPhil at cambridge and got to the "applications awaiting BoGS approval" stage. It stayed like that for about a week but now the department have invited me for an interview. Has this happened to anyone else?
Original post by meatloaf1993
I have applied for an MPhil at cambridge and got to the "applications awaiting BoGS approval" stage. It stayed like that for about a week but now the department have invited me for an interview. Has this happened to anyone else?

That is indeed very odd. Maybe it was an error to move your application to the BoGS stage?

That is THE most annoying thing. Sorry you had to go through that. :s-smilie:
Do most people get interviewed for MPhil? I didn't see that it was part of the process before I applied.

That's unusual. Is there anything unusual about your application? (lower grades than the norm for the course, a long time since you did your undergrad, English not your first language, something like that?)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending