The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

2016 Durham University hopefuls

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Swifty139
What are you going to do now? Take the gap year and reapply or just go straight onto the degree? If they say no for me and I reapply i'd have to take the new entrance exam :s-smilie:

I've decided to go straight to Durham- really don't want to risk losing my place there.... if i reapplied next year and didn't get in... doesn't bear thinking about.... :s-smilie:
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Original post by eleanor27
I've decided to go straight to Durham- really don't want to risk losing my place there.... if i reapplied next year and didn't get in... doesn't bear thinking about.... :s-smilie:

That's my biggest dilemma right now. Though I'm currently waiting on a decision, I've gotten a gap year opportunity and I'd have to decide between going there anyway or re-applying... Which basically breaks my heart, I'd be so disappointed to be rejected :/
Any other historians here?
Original post by francais123

No
Original post by girlyworker56
Anyone heard anything who's applying for Biomedical science?

Yeah, I got on offer on Jan 5th :smile:
Original post by jammymadden
I've applied for Pharmacy with foundation year.
I only submitted my application on the 11th of Jan so its not been long, but I'm already losing my mind, I've only applied to Durham so it really ups the anti.

I submitted my application for pharmacy with foundation on the 14th Jan (had to wait for a reference from my employer).
Durham is the only uni I've applied to aswell as it's near to home :wink:.
Reply 1306
Hey y'all
First post:biggrin:
At GCSE I got A*A*AABBBBBBC andat AS I got AAAA (English Language, History, Politics, Ethics & Philosophy).
Applied to do Politics at St. Aidan's.
Anyone heard back from Politics yet?
Reply 1307
GCSES: A*A*A*A*A*A*AAAACD (6A*, 4A, 1C and 1D both in languages)
A Levels: AAAAC (C for Chemistry, A grades in Maths, Further Maths, Physics, History)
Applied for Maths at St Aidan's, no reply yet, though that seems to be the common theme.
Reply 1308
Original post by francais123

Yeah, still waiting! Don't think I'm going to get an offer if i'm honest :frown:
Any other Classicists or St Chad's?
Original post by Solo1985
I submitted my application for pharmacy with foundation on the 14th Jan (had to wait for a reference from my employer).
Durham is the only uni I've applied to aswell as it's near to home :wink:.

I've just spotted your post on the mature students forum as well very excited, if I can work out how to do it we can private message if you like. Its so nice to find someone in the same boat as me, although you have a lot more experience in the field.
Original post by ikoma_chen
Has anybody received an offer from Durham for Japanese study or any foreign language courses?

Hi I applied for Japanese and still haven't heard from Durham. Fingers crossed!
Original post by Sophes12
Hi I applied for Japanese and still haven't heard from Durham. Fingers crossed!

Good luck with your application! May I ask when did you send your application off?
Thank you! Good luck to you too :biggrin: and I sent it off in October! D:
Has anyone heard back from St Cuthberts for maths??

I already have my A* in mathematics and am predicted A* in further maths and A in P&E
Original post by MathsG1010
Has anyone heard back from St Cuthberts for maths??

I already have my A* in mathematics and am predicted A* in further maths and A in P&E

I have had a maths offer almost a week, I applied to Hatfield but it shouldn't make any difference. I'm predicted 4 A*s in maths, further maths, physics and French.
One day soon they'll send a ton of offers out and this thread will explode :tongue: I have so much durham tension!
Original post by scratchedpaw
I have had a maths offer almost a week, I applied to Hatfield but it shouldn't make any difference. I'm predicted 4 A*s in maths, further maths, physics and French.

Congrats! When did you apply?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sanesh_26
Congrats! When did you apply?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you and 9th October (Cambridge reject) - but most people I know are still waiting, so it's no worry if you haven't heard back yet. I guess it also depends when you handed them your UMS.
Original post by scratchedpaw
Thank you and 9th October (Cambridge reject) - but most people I know are still waiting, so it's no worry if you haven't heard back yet. I guess it also depends when you handed them your UMS.

What maths course have you gone for?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending