The Student Room Group

The Pupillage Interview/Acceptance/Rejection Thread 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Radebe91
From experience, Atkin usually send rejections around a few days after they send out the successful interview invites.

And in my case they couldn't be bothered to fill in my name or sign off on the email either :biggrin:

I see, thanks. I'm gonna assume it's either that or rejection by silence then

Original post by TimmonaPortella
Forgive the potentially silly question:

If there is a 'signed' box at the bottom of a .doc application form, do I need to scan a signature, or can I just type my name?

For the vast majority, just typing your name will do. If they specifically want an actual signature, you can always just insert it as an image into the doc file then once you've finished the application, convert it to a pdf (so it'll be as though it were scanned with OCR). Though obviously you'd need to scan a copy of your signature to your computer in the first place
Original post by Best guppy
Falcon 1st round out. That was a late night in the office!..

Congrats(?). Rejections to follow, it would seem.
Has anyone else had real difficulties with the format of the 4 Pump Court application form? I submitted mine last night and when I went back to check this morning some of the information I entered into the text boxes was hidden and only showed when I clicked on the actual text box. When I printed the application the information I had entered into the boxes didn't show up either but I haven't exceeded the word limit. Slightly worried my application is going to look incomplete even though the information is there, anyone had similar problems?
Original post by LegalLab
Has anyone else had real difficulties with the format of the 4 Pump Court application form? I submitted mine last night and when I went back to check this morning some of the information I entered into the text boxes was hidden and only showed when I clicked on the actual text box. When I printed the application the information I had entered into the boxes didn't show up either but I haven't exceeded the word limit. Slightly worried my application is going to look incomplete even though the information is there, anyone had similar problems?

If you've already submitted it, try emailing them today to let them know about the hidden text and which boxes it relates to. Not sure if it will help any, but at least then you will have let them know.
Reply 124
Original post by pupillagegal
Does anyone know when we can expect to hear from Reeds post first round?

Based on what was said at interview, it could be anytime in the next two weeks.
Original post by LadyLaw23
If you've already submitted it, try emailing them today to let them know about the hidden text and which boxes it relates to. Not sure if it will help any, but at least then you will have let them know.

Thanks, I found away to rectify the formatting issue and re-submitted via email explaining the problem that occurred with the first application (something to do with compatibility I think) so hopefully they will just use my second submission!
Original post by LegalLab
Thanks, I found away to rectify the formatting issue and re-submitted via email explaining the problem that occurred with the first application (something to do with compatibility I think) so hopefully they will just use my second submission!

Good to hear and good luck :smile: I'm sure they'll understand.

Edit: Speaking of understanding, I think my crappy internet made my application late by a couple of minutes. Now I'm also hoping they're in a good mood, or that would've been a complete waste of time in filling out the form!
(edited 8 years ago)
Atkin rejections out by email with an attached PDF of the letter, so presumably it'll arrive in the post as well.
Anyone else here heard anything further from 4 New Square, following first round interviews?
Not yet. Was doing quite well not thinking about it until just now. 😬

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Best guppy
Not yet. Was doing quite well not thinking about it until just now. 😬

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ha! Apologies. I do believe that we may not hear until tomorrow, so let's try not to worry our minds unnecessarily.
4 New Square 1st round rejections coming out.

Best of luck to those who are going further!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hello All,

First-time applicant, it seems I am joining the party late.

So far I have applied to:

4 New Square
Falcon
Radcliffe
Maitland
Quadrant
XXIV Old Buildings ( must undertake reasoning test)
Ten Old Square
Wilberforce
Erskine

Other non-Pupillage Gateway Chambers I hope to also apply to:

Pump Court Tax
Selbourne
Hardwicke
South Square
Stone Chambers
3 Stone Buildings
New Square

Rejections received:
4 New Square (via email)
Falcon ( in the post)
(expecting one from Wilberforce due to formatting disaster)
(edited 8 years ago)
Don't suppose anyone has contacted Gray's Inn Tax Chambers and knows what format they are expecting applications to be in? Website doesn't say.
Original post by preabogada
Hello All,

First-time applicant, it seems I am joining the party late.

So far I have applied to:

4 New Square
Falcon
Radcliffe
Maitland
Quadrant
Ten Old Square
Wilberforce
Erskine

Other non-Pupillage Gateway Chambers I hope to also apply to:

Pump Court Tax
Selbourne
Hardwicke
South Square
Stone Chambers
3 Stone Buildings
New Square

Rejections received:
4 New Square (via email)
Falcon ( in the post)
(expecting one from Wilberforce due to formatting disaster)

Well hi there.

Seems to be along the same lines of most of us on here.

I have to do the XXIV test too. I've yet to decide how I feel about their placing such a reliance on verbal reasoning tests. That will depend on how well I do.

I have to do the XXIV test too. I've yet to decide how I feel about their placing such a reliance on verbal reasoning tests. That will depend on how well I do.

Have either of you received any notification regarding the test? I got an automatic acknowledgement email once my app was submitted but nothing since re the test :s-smilie: As for their reliance on it, I know what you mean, though at least if you're not in the top few that go through automatically, they give you a chance for a spot based on both your app and the test...

Original post by Forum User
Don't suppose anyone has contacted Gray's Inn Tax Chambers and knows what format they are expecting applications to be in? Website doesn't say.

I'll be asking sometime this week, though I imagine CV & covering letter, as that's their mini procedure as well. Also just saw they've updated their award from 50K to 65K :biggrin:

Forgot to ask, approx how many words did you use in Erskine's 'why a career at the company Bar' question? And did you treat this more as a 'why the Bar' or 'why these areas/this Chambers' type question (or both)?
The Bar Council is now officially moving the Gateway timetable to January from 2017:
http://www.barcouncil.org.uk/media-centre/news-and-press-releases/2016/january/students-call-on-the-bar-council-to-move-pupillage-gateway-timetable/

Too bad it didn't happen this year, as originally planned, but at least it's finally happening :biggrin:
Original post by LadyLaw23
Have either of you received any notification regarding the test? I got an automatic acknowledgement email once my app was submitted but nothing since re the test :s-smilie: As for their reliance on it, I know what you mean, though at least if you're not in the top few that go through automatically, they give you a chance for a spot based on both your app and the test...

Yes, I got the link to the test the next day.

Email them.
Yes, I got the link to the test the next day.

Email them.

Ah, thanks, will do. Does it say anything regarding a deadline by which it has to be taken?
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending