The Student Room Group

Keele A100 Applicants 2016 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Sarah.k.
How did your interviews go, was the maths test hard?

You should quote in someone else because I haven't had an interview from keele:tongue:
Original post by PharaohFromSpace
You should quote in someone else because I haven't had an interview from keele:tongue:

Whoops, sorry :colondollar:
Original post by pinkcalculator23
I had an interview with keele in Dec and have not yet heard a response back from them. I just got an email from Keele explaining why I should pick them. I checked my UCAS Track and nothing has changed. I'm now confused as to why Keele have sent that email as I am still waiting to hear back from them. Has this happened to anyone else at all?

How did your interviews go, was the maths test hard?
Anyone still not heard back from keele for medicine? I'm still waiting for an interview...

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by ZainAbideen
Anyone still not heard back from keele for medicine? I'm still waiting for an interview...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Don't mean to be rude but if you literally read this thread a few posts up you'll get all your answers.

Most interviews are yet to be given out and will be sent in Feb. They have lots of dates left.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Does anyone know when Keele are sending out interviews
Original post by Katemeister

Don't know hopefully soon I can't take it anymore 😂
Original post by Katemeister

I was on the phone to them yesterday, they said that they will begin handing out more interviews from the middle of February
Original post by AuntKathy
I was on the phone to them yesterday, they said that they will begin handing out more interviews from the middle of February

Thank you for letting us all know :smile:
Guys if you all read the thread the last few pages all the information is there, its extensive!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Charlottemc1234
Don't know hopefully soon I can't take it anymore 😂

We'll find out in february if we've been selected to attend an interview in march (the march dates seem to be the only ones left)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by adershsaravanaa
We'll find out in february if we've been selected to attend an interview in march (the march dates seem to be the only ones left)

Posted from TSR Mobile

I received a rejection today from Newcastle (graduate entry) so this is my last option but Keele did ask me for my uni transcripts not long ago so fingers crossed!! Do any other graduates have any advice for funding?
I received a rejection today from Newcastle (graduate entry) so this is my last option but Keele did ask me for my uni transcripts not long ago so fingers crossed!! Do any other graduates have any advice for funding?

Sorry to hear that! What was your UKCAT?
From your other posts your gamsat was really good so maybe look into 4 year ones again next year if you're unlucky this time around!

I'm a grad too waiting on keele. Not been asked for transcript but I did out all my modules on UCAS.

As for funding, most people I know who are doing 5 years as a grad are getting help from their family or they've saved up money for a few years to help cover some of it. It isn't feasible any other way really as there are no loans anywhere for it!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by HCAssistant93
Sorry to hear that! What was your UKCAT?
From your other posts your gamsat was really good so maybe look into 4 year ones again next year if you're unlucky this time around!

I'm a grad too waiting on keele. Not been asked for transcript but I did out all my modules on UCAS.

As for funding, most people I know who are doing 5 years as a grad are getting help from their family or they've saved up money for a few years to help cover some of it. It isn't feasible any other way really as there are no loans anywhere for it!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I mean I could ask family but I feel bad as its a lot of money I've been looking into bursaries from charities and the uni itself to try and help just a little bit but £9000 a year is a lot to pay, I'm hoping Keele will have some kind of system in place to help those people who have to may and maybe accept instalments?
Yeah I mean I could ask family but I feel bad as its a lot of money I've been looking into bursaries from charities and the uni itself to try and help just a little bit but £9000 a year is a lot to pay, I'm hoping Keele will have some kind of system in place to help those people who have to may and maybe accept instalments?

I haven't heard anything like that from any uni, If I'm honest. I would maybe ring and ask them so you know where you're at?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by HCAssistant93
I haven't heard anything like that from any uni, If I'm honest. I would maybe ring and ask them so you know where you're at?

Posted from TSR Mobile

A girl I spoke to on the open day paid in instalments so I'll probably ask if I get an interview (I'll ring them beforehand) no point asking until then really
Reply 536
I am also a grad applicant, I got asked yesterday for university transcript but I put all my modules into ucas (ones I have sat and will be sitting this year). Anyone on the same boat?
Original post by mind
I am also a grad applicant, I got asked yesterday for university transcript but I put all my modules into ucas (ones I have sat and will be sitting this year). Anyone on the same boat?

I got asked for my transcript not too long ago but I forgot to put in modules I am yet to sit so maybe that's why, they want to look at chemistry content in a degree so do you have many chemistry based modules? I don't and I'm worried that might let me down!
Original post by mind

Yeah I'm a third year Biomed and was asked yesterday if I'd taken Physics in high school (I did half my secondary school in a US based system and the other half A levels) but I didn't put any uni modules into UCAS at all. I'm hoping the fact that they asked us for transcripts/subjects means they're at least seriously considering us for interview.
Reply 539
Original post by morotibaby88
Yeah I'm a third year Biomed and was asked yesterday if I'd taken Physics in high school (I did half my secondary school in a US based system and the other half A levels) but I didn't put any uni modules into UCAS at all. I'm hoping the fact that they asked us for transcripts/subjects means they're at least seriously considering us for interview.

See that's what I was considering. A few friends of mine also have applied and they are graduates too, but they never got asked for transcript, even though they never put their modules into UCAS. potentially this could mean we possibly are being considered for interview. But that's purely an assumption, so don't take my word for it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending