The Student Room Group
Canterbury Cathedral
Canterbury Christ Church University
Canterbury
Visit website

Adult nursing - April 2016

I'm starting at Canterbury Christ Church in April having been deferred after originally starting in September 2015. I did the three months study at uni and then had an accident and missed my entire placement so have to start again...If anyone needs any help or advise about the course at CCCU, I'm happy to assist. Its a great uni, thats for sure! Phil

Scroll to see replies

Hi Phil,

Sorry to hear you've had an accident! I have applied for CCCU Adult nursing to begin in April. I've applied for both campuses and am unsure which to chose if I'm offered a place! Which campus are you at?

I have my selection day next Friday and am extremely nervous as I have never wanted to do something so much! How quickly did you hear back after your selection day? In the email it says end of Feb but don't think I'll last a whole month of not knowing!!

Emily :smile:
Canterbury Cathedral
Canterbury Christ Church University
Canterbury
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by EmilyC0202
Hi Phil,

Sorry to hear you've had an accident! I have applied for CCCU Adult nursing to begin in April. I've applied for both campuses and am unsure which to chose if I'm offered a place! Which campus are you at?

I have my selection day next Friday and am extremely nervous as I have never wanted to do something so much! How quickly did you hear back after your selection day? In the email it says end of Feb but don't think I'll last a whole month of not knowing!!

Emily :smile:

Hey Emily! I'm at Canterbury as I currently live in Dover. It's a great campus and the staff are excellent.

The selection day is great and very relaxed and as long as you can show just how much you want to be a nurse they'll give you a place. It's very much based on enthusiasm and dedication to nursing. The only scary part is the maths and english tests but as long as you're on top of that you'll be fine :smile:

They said I would hear back within two weeks and I heard after five days so I think they try and let you know quickly. I hope it goes great for you!
Original post by philpb16
Hey Emily! I'm at Canterbury as I currently live in Dover. It's a great campus and the staff are excellent.

The selection day is great and very relaxed and as long as you can show just how much you want to be a nurse they'll give you a place. It's very much based on enthusiasm and dedication to nursing. The only scary part is the maths and english tests but as long as you're on top of that you'll be fine :smile:

They said I would hear back within two weeks and I heard after five days so I think they try and let you know quickly. I hope it goes great for you!

Thanks for easing my mind a little! I'm moving to Maidstone in a month or so so both campuses will be a 30 minute drive so can really pick either!

5 days is a much better wait than a whole month hope it is that quick!

Are you going to have to do the 3 months again before going on placement?
Reply 4
Thanks for easing my mind a little! I'm moving to Maidstone in a month or so so both campuses will be a 30 minute drive so can really pick either!

5 days is a much better wait than a whole month hope it is that quick!

Are you going to have to do the 3 months again before going on placement?

The waiting to hear is always the worst part isn't it!

Yes I literally have to start from scratch, which will be strange but I'll try and use it to my advantage. Can never get too much practice in the skills ward! haha
The waiting to hear is always the worst part isn't it!

Yes I literally have to start from scratch, which will be strange but I'll try and use it to my advantage. Can never get too much practice in the skills ward! haha

Yes! I really really hope I'm offered a place!

Yeah it bet it will be odd doing it all again but like you say use it to your advantage; practice makes perfect after all :smile:
When can I expect a reply after submitting application on 14/01? I'm really worried I have been rejected as I have not heard anything yet. I've been offerd an interview at another uni but really wanted CCU. So basically I want to know how long it took for you to receive an interview after putting application through ucas. Good luck to you as well.
Thank tou
Original post by Kirstyhatt247
When can I expect a reply after submitting application on 14/01? I'm really worried I have been rejected as I have not heard anything yet. I've been offerd an interview at another uni but really wanted CCU. So basically I want to know how long it took for you to receive an interview after putting application through ucas. Good luck to you as well.
Thank tou

Hi Kirsty,

I sent my application off the week before Christmas and heard back on the 14th January, so I'd say it took probably about 3 weeks, so expect to hear soon! Just because you haven't heard yet doesn't mean you haven't been successful in the first stage, they would have received a lot of applications that close to deadline day so may take a bit longer to hear for you :smile: best of luck hope you are offered an interview!

Emily
Hi Emily/Phil,

I have a selection day next week at canterbury christ church university and that is where I want to go. I want to study Adult nursing. I am so nervous for the interview as I am worried about the maths. Are you both there now or do you start in September?

Thank you!

Megan :smile:
Original post by MeganMilliner
Hi Emily/Phil,

I have a selection day next week at canterbury christ church university and that is where I want to go. I want to study Adult nursing. I am so nervous for the interview as I am worried about the maths. Are you both there now or do you start in September?

Thank you!

Megan :smile:

Hi Megan,

I have applied for CCCU adult nursing as well to start in April! I have my selection day tomorrow and am quite nervous! I wouldn't worry about the maths too much though as long as you've brushed up on fractions / percentages / ratios I think it will be ok! Also on the information they gave me it said we can use calculators :h: I'm deffinately more worried about the group discussion & the MMI just in case they ask something I'm not prepared for! I'll let you know how it goes so you have some sort of idea for next week :smile: have you applied for the September intake?
Yes Emily the September i have, I am just so nervous! I hope you do ok:smile: Just be yourself and is there any websites you would recommend for the maths and english? Keep me posted! xx
Yes Emily the September i have, I am just so nervous! I hope you do ok:smile: Just be yourself and is there any websites you would recommend for the maths and english? Keep me posted! xx

Thank you :smile: for the maths I had a look through bbc bitesize that helped a lot! It's GCSEs level so just look through fractions, long division / multiplication, decimals, percentages and ratios! For the English I'm not really sure how you would prepare. Just research current events in nursing and know the role of the adult nurse. Also, if you read up on the Francis Report as the essay question could be on any of these things. As long as you have something to write about on the day and can form sentences I'm sure it will be ok :smile: good luck! Xx
Where would I find that? and ok, so bbc bitesize?
Where would I find that? and ok, so bbc bitesize?

If you just google the Francis report it should come up, there's a lot of articles on the NHS website that may help and if you check bbc health news for any recent stories that effect nurses that should cover it :smile:
Ok thank you x
Reply 15
Yes! I really really hope I'm offered a place!

Yeah it bet it will be odd doing it all again but like you say use it to your advantage; practice makes perfect after all :smile:

Good luck tomorrow! Hope it goes great :smile:
Good luck tomorrow! Hope it goes great :smile:

Thank you! :smile:
Hi @philpb16

Have just received unconditional offers for both the campuses at CCCU! I am so happy :biggrin: now to chose which campus!! :h:
Reply 18
Hi @philpb16

Have just received unconditional offers for both the campuses at CCCU! I am so happy :biggrin: now to chose which campus!! :h:

Congratulations! :biggrin: Great feeling isn't it! You should definitely come to Canterbury :u: haha
Congratulations! :biggrin: Great feeling isn't it! You should definitely come to Canterbury :u: haha

Thank you :smile: hahaha! It really will be a tough choice - am I right in thinking you said you'd be commuting from Dover? Would you be driving? Not sure about the parking situation in Canterbury!?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending