The Student Room Group

Being bullied by a girl, what should I do?

We are both in year 13 doing A2. This girl is crazy. I have never spoken to her or about her. Whenever she sees me, she calls me gay and other homophobic insults in front of everyone. I always ignore her and walk away but today I was annoyed. I went to tell the head of the college. Did I do the right thing? What would you have done? Also what do you think her punishment would be?

Scroll to see replies

Tell her she's not worth it :wink:
You did the right thing and if she continues don't hesitate to report this to higher authority.
Reply 3
You guys think she will be kicked out?
Original post by Anonymous

yes
or at least suspended for some time
Reply 5

Unlikely, all that may happen is she and her parents will be notified. The worst that could happen is a few days of exclusion.
Reply 6

Likely not. School's often prefer trying to resolve the problem by talking to her and maybe punishing her depending on the severity/evidence of it happening. But if it was repetitive bullying following this then possibly she would eventually be kicked out.
We are both in year 13 doing A2. This girl is crazy. I have never spoken to her or about her. Whenever she sees me, she calls me gay and other homophobic insults in front of everyone. I always ignore her and walk away but today I was annoyed. I went to tell the head of the college. Did I do the right thing? What would you have done? Also what do you think her punishment would be?

Get her on her own and ask her what her problem actually is?

Nobody should be made to feel ashamed of their actual or perceived sexuality
Reply 8
Original post by kkboyk
Unlikely, all that may happen is she and her parents will be notified. The worst that could happen is a few days of exclusion.

I don't want to report it and go with it if nothing is going to happen to her. :[
What if I have messages of her calling someone '*****' repeatedly?
Reply 9
I tried in the past and she said 'Go cry'
If a girl was calling me gay to be derogatory toward me I'd probs just make some quip about ****ing her dad but I have a feeling your method might be better.

Probably not, but she might shut up for a long while.
I tried in the past and she said 'Go cry'

Do you have any idea why she could be doing this?

I would advise just avoiding her until something happens to be honest. She sounds mentally unstable at best and in need of a sedative drip at worst.

SMH in year 13 you're, what, 18? People should have grown out of this high school nonsense by now
Telling on her will only make the problem worse, reporting her will achieve nothing. Schools tend to overlook far worse things than petty namecalling.

Just agree with her, say "ok thanks for telling me" and continue with your day. Or add in "rather be gay than f**k you ugly fat wh**e".
If she gets physical don't be afraid to retaliate, if she wants to act like a man you can treat her like one.
I don't know..

If it was a guy I would have had fight right then and there but this is really hard. I have no idea what I should be doing. Everywhere I go she is there calling me gay.

My friends have told me to fight her boyfriend, to insult her, to slap her but like you said we are 18. I really don't know what to do.
Original post by Jebedee
Telling on her will only make the problem worse, reporting her will achieve nothing. Schools tend to overlook far worse things than petty namecalling.

Just agree with her, say "ok thanks for telling me" and continue with your day. Or add in "rather be gay than f**k you ugly fat wh**e".
If she gets physical don't be afraid to retaliate, if she wants to act like a man you can treat her like one.

Yeah and then she's going to run off to the principal saying the big nasty boy called her bad names and hit her and then OP has to deal with a criminal record...

You definitely did the right thing. You shouldn't be made to feel like that and not tell anyone. You should be glad you reported this and I hope your college will take this matter seriously.

I can relate actually; I'm gay and I suffered a lot of bullying at me previous college and I had to transfer colleges; but I didn't tell anyone. So I'm very glad you have :biggrin:.
Reply 16
I don't want to report it and go with it if nothing is going to happen to her. :[
What if I have messages of her calling someone '*****' repeatedly?

Well something is going to happen, and will have an impact of course.

The school won't just kick her off in the middle of her studies, especially since this is the early stages of bullying and also she's almost an adult; hence, talking should be appropriate.
I don't know..

If it was a guy I would have had fight right then and there but this is really hard. I have no idea what I should be doing. Everywhere I go she is there calling me gay.

My friends have told me to fight her boyfriend, to insult her, to slap her but like you said we are 18. I really don't know what to do.

Whatever you do don't get physical under any circumstances, she sounds nuts, if you get physical how do you know she won't shop you to the police and you get in trouble for fighting? Then any career you are hoping to have is ruined.

Just try to avoid her wherever possible; ignore her when you can't; if you can't bear it any longer just switch sixth forms. Start documenting it including dates, times etc
Reply 18
don't do anything, that was so misogynistic of you to report her!
Original post by Jebedee

What do I do? I am 18 years old... surely I shouldn't be name-calling her back?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending