The Student Room Group

Isn't this bisexual?

I know a girl who is obviously bisexual. She identifies as such. She has boyfriends mainly but she hooks up with girls and probably has dated a few. She had a major crush on this other girl who was 17 when that started and they had a sexual relationship not a romantic relationship. The girl she liked had a bf sometimes and she encouraged her to date guys. And she dated guys herself never seriously though. It went on a while. Then the girl she likes moved on and only hooks up with dates has long term relationships with guys and want to marry a man some day. We had an argument over this a coworker and I. Because she claims to be straight. And people acknowledge her as straight. And she says she was just new to sexuality in general and was a virgin which was why she was open to having lesbian sex. wouldn't the fact that she had sex with her mean that she's bi?
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anon993
I know a girl who is obviously bisexual.

Not really , just because you have sex with someone it doesn't mean you're actually sexually attracted to them , she could just be bi-curious , but now having tested the curiosity , decided that she is indeed straight
Original post by Anon993
I know a girl who is obviously bisexual. She identifies as such. She has boyfriends mainly but she hooks up with girls and probably has dated a few. She had a major crush on this other girl who was 17 when that started and they had a sexual relationship not a romatic relationship. The girl she liked had a bf sometimes and she encouraged her to date guys. And she dated guys herself never seriously though. It went on a while. Then the girl she likes moved on and only hooks up with dates has long term relationships with guys and want to marry a man some day. We had an argumenet over a coworker and I. Because she claims to be straight. And people acknowledge her as straight. And she says she was just new to sexuality in general which was she was interested in sex with another women? wouldn't the fact that she had sex with her mean that she's bi?

I'm confused, who claims to be straight? This girl who used to have a sexual relationship with this girl but who now dates guys and wants to marry one or your co worker? This girl might have just been bicurious and so she had this sexual relationship with that girl to try out whether she likes it but then realized it isn't for her and she is really heterosexual. It happens.
Original post by Anon993
I know a girl who is obviously bisexual. She identifies as such. She has boyfriends mainly but she hooks up with girls and probably has dated a few. She had a major crush on this other girl who was 17 when that started and they had a sexual relationship not a romatic relationship. The girl she liked had a bf sometimes and she encouraged her to date guys. And she dated guys herself never seriously though. It went on a while. Then the girl she likes moved on and only hooks up with dates has long term relationships with guys and want to marry a man some day. We had an argumenet over a coworker and I. Because she claims to be straight. And people acknowledge her as straight. And she says she was just new to sexuality in general which was she was interested in sex with another women? wouldn't the fact that she had sex with her mean that she's bi?

If she wants to identify as straight, that's her choice. She maybe coming to terms with her sexuality, but if she doesn't want to label herself just yet, then let her be :smile:
Let her identify as what she wants, at least she's not identifying as one of those strange useless terms for sexuality that tumblr ****s out on a daily basis.
Reply 5
Original post by driftawaay
I'm confused, who claims to be straight? This girl who used to have a sexual relationship with this girl but who now dates guys and wants to marry one or your co worker? This girl might have just been bicurious and so she had this sexual relationship with that girl to try out whether she likes it but then realized it isn't for her and she is really heterosexual. It happens.

The older girl that had a crush on her still identifies as bisexual
. the 17 year old now 19 year old identifies as straight and people who know that at work think she's straight despite this. She didn't say she was bicurious she said she was new to sexuality in general and therefore open to having lesbian sex.
Original post by Anon993
The older girl that had a crush on her still identifies as bisexual
. the 17 year old now 19 year old identifies as straight and people who know that at work think she's straight despite this. She didn't say she was bicurious she said she was new to sexuality in general and therefore open to having lesbian sex.

That sounds like she was bicurious. She tried and decided she doesn't like it so she is straight. Why does this bother you?
Reply 7
Original post by Calsiwm_Silicad
Not really , just because you have sex with someone it doesn't mean you're actually sexually attracted to them , she could just be bi-curious , but now having tested the curiosity , decided that she is indeed straight

Well why would someone have sex with the same sex constantly if they weren't attracted to them?
Reply 8
Original post by Slowbro93
If she wants to identify as straight, that's her choice. She maybe coming to terms with her sexuality, but if she doesn't want to label herself just yet, then let her be :smile:

I just find it just a little odd. Because I always assumed they were both bisexuals.
Original post by Anon993
I just find it just a little odd. Because I always assumed they were both bisexuals.

Talking as a bisexual myself (and not in a preachy mode because that's not my style :tongue: ) It may seem odd but in her mind, she may be thinking one thing whilst wanting do another. In this case, she may be exploring her sexuality but would want to identify as straight till she works out otherwise :smile:
Reply 10
That sounds like she was bicurious. She tried and decided she doesn't like it so she is straight. Why does this bother you?

I don't get why someone would go that long having sex they didn't like. I had gay sex a lot when I was in my teens and I didn't just denounce that I'm bi since it's been awhile. I just figured she is in some ashamed maybe she comes from a christian family but she looks like she'd be queer so I don't think they'd be surprised any.
Human sexuality is an ever changing sliding scale. It's not just black and white, Gay/Bi/Straight. There are different levels/flavours anywhere between the norms.
Reply 12
Original post by Slowbro93
Talking as a bisexual myself (and not in a preachy mode because that's not my style :tongue: ) It may seem odd but in her mind, she may be thinking one thing whilst wanting do another. In this case, she may be exploring her sexuality but would want to identify as straight till she works out otherwise :smile:

Well like I said this was 2 years ago. She's not experimenting any longer.
Original post by Anon993
Well why would someone have sex with the same sex constantly if they weren't attracted to them?

maybe she's just sexually and not romantically attracted to that sex , thus identifies as "straight" plus a lot of people are hetroflexible. But if she says she's straight , she's straight ; if you say she's bi , that's up to you.
Original post by Anon993
I don't get why someone would go that long having sex they didn't like. I had gay sex a lot when I was in my teens and I didn't just denounce that I'm bi since it's been awhile. I just figured she is in some ashamed maybe she comes from a christian family but she looks like she'd be queer so I don't think they'd be surprised any.

OK well not everyone is like you. And I don't know why you are so concerned about someone else's sexuality.
Reply 15
maybe she's just sexually and not romantically attracted to that sex , thus identifies as "straight" plus a lot of people are hetroflexible. But if she says she's straight , she's straight ; if you say she's bi , that's up to you.

yeah maybe ir maybe she's just a little close minded. To me that's bisexual.
Reply 16
OK well not everyone is like you. And I don't know why you are so concerned about someone else's sexuality.

well I know her. So it's kind of like wow you're so in denial
Original post by Anon993
yeah maybe ir maybe she's just a little close minded. To me that's bisexual.

Plus a lot of people identify as straight if they're "mainly attracted to the opposite sex" so maybe that's it
Reply 18
Plus a lot of people identify as straight if they're "mainly attracted to the opposite sex" so maybe that's it

maybe
Original post by Anon993
well I know her. So it's kind of like wow you're so in denial

Lol just because you know someone doesn't mean you know anything about their sexual orientation.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending