The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

2016 Durham University hopefuls

Scroll to see replies

Applied for Liberal Arts and still playing the waiting game. :eyeball:

Maybe it takes longer because it's got to go through three departments... right? RIGHT?
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Original post by sanesh_26
What maths course have you gone for?

Posted from TSR Mobile

MMath, but I'm going to ask in September to switch to MMath (European Studies)
Original post by elen90
Applied for Liberal Arts and still playing the waiting game. :eyeball:

Maybe it takes longer because it's got to go through three departments... right? RIGHT?

I think they just take their time with 80% of applications... ^.^"
Original post by francais123
Who here has applied to St Mary's? If so, what course?

I have! For chemistry :smile:
Original post by scratchedpaw
MMath, but I'm going to ask in September to switch to MMath (European Studies)

You need an A in a language at A Level to do that so make sure you get one haha. I've applied to the same course, want to go to France!
(edited 8 years ago)
Dying to find out. I have all of my other decisions and I'm just waiting on Durham for English Lit - checking my emails every few hours is killing me. If there are any current English students at Durham lurking here, when did you hear from them? I've heard it can be as late as late March for popular courses like English...
Original post by Swifty139
You need an A in a language at A Level to do that so make sure you get one haha. I've applied to the same course, want to go to France!

Yeah or a B with an A in another A level (I'm doing 4 A levels) - but I'm waiting until I have my results to swap. I got AAAA last year, I'm predicted A*A*A*A* - so I'm hoping I get at least the A*AAB I'd need to switch. I looked at the exchange Unis and I thought they were all in Switzerland for French speakers, I may be wrong though. I read up on swapping and apparently I have until the end of the first term of the second year, so I think they won't mind me changing in September
(edited 8 years ago)
(Still waiting for an offer or rejection)
Original post by TitanCream
(Still waiting for an offer or rejection)

Keep your chin up, I hope you get in!!!! You're not alone in the waiting game, I know a lot of people still waiting to hear so don't be disheartened just because they've been giving out a few offers. Durham tends to leave it late because they try not to give early applicants an upper hand - so they have a lot to go through once applications are closed. Stay positive!!!
Original post by Tessie25
Dying to find out. I have all of my other decisions and I'm just waiting on Durham for English Lit - checking my emails every few hours is killing me. If there are any current English students at Durham lurking here, when did you hear from them? I've heard it can be as late as late March for popular courses like English...

My friend got her English offer at the end of January last year!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I got my philosophy offer in the 4th of December and my friends who also applied for philosophy still haven't heard yet. Does that mean I have a better chance of getting into the college I applied for (University/Castle)?
Original post by Swifty139

Same! Although I think normally people go to Switzerland if they want to do French, I'd love to go to Neuchatel :smile:
Reply 1332
Has anyone received an offer from St Mary's for history?
Reply 1333
Hiya 😁anyone received any offers from Archaeology or Ancient Civilisations and archaeology? I'm constantly checking my ucas hoping for a reply because they're the last ones I am waiting for
Anyone applied for Chinese/Japanese that has heard back from Durham yet?
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by username2K

Hi! Chinese applicant here. Nothing yet, sadly.
When I emailed them in December, they told me the best they could say was we
SHOULD know before 31st March, and it was entirely down to the department.
When I called last week to find out if they could possibly enlighten me as to an expected time-frame now deadline was passed, I was told exactly the same thing.

x
Anybody got a history offer yet?
Original post by Jamesmeg3
Anybody got a history offer yet?

Yeah, it came early December
Original post by ktz
Has anyone received an offer from St Mary's for history?

I've applied there for history, nothing yet, solidarity haha
Original post by username2K

Japanese applicant here, no news back, the waiting is killing me...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending