The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Let's be honest here, this all stemmed from Pimped and his abrasive personality.

No need to insult people who wish to discuss a hypothetical future scenario.
If you don't want to give it a time of day, shut your trap and don't talk about it.

Don't condemn others for not sharing your Godly opinion. They didn't do as many half uni courses as you...
Original post by Lúcio
Moved uni = not clever enough
Changed course = couldn't hack it at medicine

Didn't fail uni though...

Pimped did Medicine? If he did then i dont know how you can **** on him. Most medicine students i know have dropped out and changed course but that certainly doesn't mean they have failed university.

But allow this dead talk of uni and stuff, its a football thread :colonhash:. Anyways, Sturridge rumours are false, he may be injury prone but i doubt he'd cut his career short. Even if he's a Liverpool player, i hope he comes back stronger and remains injury free. So much potential plus he's one of the few great English players we have in the England team.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah Pimped did Medicine at one of the higher ranked universities so really dead it. While the university you go to doesn't really mean you're more intelligent than another I think we can safely assume that Pimped is an intelligent individual.

He's a prick, but I'm pretty sure he realises this and doesn't care that he is one (although it's probably a front to his personal life). I know I'm a prick too(although I choose my moments to be nice). He's a big character I'd say.
Original post by Lúcio
Moved uni = not clever enoughChanged course = couldn't hack it at medicineDidn't fail uni though...

Real talk did you get the grades to do medicine?
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Angry cucumber
Some strong dick measuring going on.

If you have to measure it, it's not big enough guys. Accept it

Good point.

I never measure mine. I have had some rave reviews though.
We don't say prick we say 'has an abrasive personality'
difeo's on fire tonight. PRSOM.

Anyway, the Sturridge thing. Hamann has fired shots hinting the club is covering things up from the fans.
Abrasive or not, I've never brought anything about Luke's life into this thread.

I don't want to, or have to, comment on my uni life lol, and never do, other than to remind Puke that I've never failed. So as far as weak irrelevant comebacks go, it's one of the weaker ones.
So much one-upmanship in here. Why?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Alright lets put the handbags away, we've got a huge game tonight

Spoiler

Spoiler

:colondollar:
Original post by sr90
So much one-upmanship in here. Why?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I blame Mignolet getting a new contract.
Original post by jam277
Real talk did you get the grades to do medicine?

A*AB
So yeah...

The Sturridge stuff most likely isn't true but that doesn't mean we can't consider the terrible possibility.

Anyway, back to football.
We have a match tonight and I'll be interested to see what Klopp does regarding the team sheet. The youngsters played really well last game (it was the older players that let us down).
I expect us to play Caulker and Benteke for sure, maybe Allen too. I expect Ward to be in ahead of Bogdan also which would be nice.
A*AB will not get you into Medicine for the record, and you didn't do Chemistry (hardest A-Level).

Anyway where do you lot go from here, is top 4 still realistic? Would you take Long? Seems to fit the philosophy of quick and energetic but I'm not sure if he's good enough as a goalscorer. Who else would you take either now or in summer?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by difeo
Pimped vs Luke is up there with Keane - Vieira or Jay Z - Nas tbh

Its more David vs goliath with one person being both characters

Edit : dont ask me.my thought process I just woke up
Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Lúcio
A*AB
So yeah...

The Sturridge stuff most likely isn't true but that doesn't mean we can't consider the terrible possibility.

Anyway, back to football.
We have a match tonight and I'll be interested to see what Klopp does regarding the team sheet. The youngsters played really well last game (it was the older players that let us down).
I expect us to play Caulker and Benteke for sure, maybe Allen too. I expect Ward to be in ahead of Bogdan also which would be nice.

Benteke
Ojo Teixeira Kent
Allen Brannagan
Smith Caulker Ilori Randall
Ward

Maybe something like that? I expect Sinclair to drop out since he said he's moving. Allen probably to come in just because he got a total of 8 minutes since the Stoke game. Flanagan to come on for 30 minutes at the end too.

Original post by Zayn Malik
A*AB will not get you into Medicine for the record, and you didn't do Chemistry (hardest A-Level).

Anyway where do you lot go from here, is top 4 still realistic? Would you take Long? Seems to fit the philosophy of quick and energetic but I'm not sure if he's good enough as a goalscorer. Who else would you take either now or in summer?

Posted from TSR Mobile

No top 4 is gone. We needed to beat Man Utd and Spurs in the second half of the season to get close to them. 8 points behind Spurs, 6 points behind Man Utd, 13 points behind Leicester. Mathematically enough time in the season but we've left ourselves too much to do imo.

No, no point in Long. He'd be fine for a 6 month loan but nothing permanent. We'll have Ings back next season and then Origi will be fit again at some point. What's the point in spending another £10-12mil on a player like Long when we'll be screaming for an upgrade again in the summer?

Klopp should spend the rest of this season determining who he wants to keep and get rid of. May as well plan our transfers properly for once and work out exactly what kinds of players and for what positions we need.

I'd ideally want:

New striker who can score us 20+ league goals
New winger - with some pace and a bit more experience than Ibe
New attacking midfield player - someone who can score goals to replace Lallana
New central midfield player - an upgrade on Allen who can play with Henderson/Can
New CB - Matip rumoured to be coming on a free
New LB - need back up to Moreno

Would leave us with:

ST: New striker, Benteke, Ings, Origi, Sturridge*
Attacking players: New winger, Firmino, Coutinho, Milner, Ibe, Markovic
CM: New CM, Henderson, Can, Lucas, Grujic
Fullbacks: Clyne, Gomez, Moreno, LB
CB: Sakho, Lovren, Matip, Wisdom/Ilori**
GK: Mignolet, Ward

*I'd either sell Benteke or send one of Ings/Origi on loan if Sturridge can get fit. If he can't then either sell or loan Sturridge. We might just be stuck with him either way and just not count him as part of the squad at this rate though.

** If Matip comes in, I think Skrtel has to be sold since we can't have 4 starting CBs. Toure to be released since too old even if his performances against Arsenal and Man Utd were very good. If it is assumed that Wisdom and Ilori aren't good enough then I'd pick up a 4th CB - I'd go for experience over youth just because the other 3 will need regular game time so a youngster probably won't get any.

Not asking for much then?
Original post by Zayn Malik

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes it would...
And no, I didn't take Chemistry because I had no interest of doing medicine anyway so this is a redundant discussion.

Top 4 is gone.
Spurs are too good and Leicester have too much of a lead. You'd beat us too it anyway. The gap is too large and we're too inconsistent to go on a run of form that gets us there.

The only slim hope is us winning the EL which would be a huge ask in itself.
I would take Long but only on a loan. We'll likely buy a striker in the summer and he'd be too far down the pecking order when everybody is fit.

All in all, we desperately need a GK and ST, and I think a marquee signing is definitely the way forward. The latter was very difficult to acquire during the Rodgers era because few top players knew/cared about him as a manager. However with Klopp, even without CL we could be lucky enough to secure somebody in the region of £40-50m
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Lúcio
Yes it would...
And no, I didn't take Chemistry because I had no interest of doing medicine anyway so this is a redundant discussion.

Top 4 is gone.
Spurs are too good and Leicester have too much of a lead. You'd beat us too it anyway. The gap is too large and we're too inconsistent to go on a run of form that gets us there.

The only slim hope is us winning the EL which would be a huge ask in itself.
I would take Long but only on a loan. We'll likely buy a striker in the summer and he'd be too far down the pecking order when everybody is fit.

All in all, we desperately need a GK and ST, and I think a marquee signing is definitely the way forward. The latter was very difficult to acquire during the Rodgers era because few top players knew/cared about him as a manager. However with Klopp, even without CL we could be lucky enough to secure somebody in the region of £40-50m

You honestly think we're getting a new GK after Mignolet signed a 5 year deal?
Original post by Zerforax
You honestly think we're getting a new GK after Mignolet signed a 5 year deal?

Realistically, no.
The only way I can see it happening is if Mignolet continues to be terrible for the rest of the season and Klopp brings in one of the young German keepers I mentioned before.

Mignolet has no reason to be fearful of his place. He just signed a 5 year deal and his only competition is Bogdan.
Bring in a young keeper with huge potential and it'll push Mignolet to perform better.
Perhaps Mignolet performs really well for the next year or two and due to his long contract we get to cash in on him while our other young keeper takes his permanent first team place.

That's just me being optimistic but it makes sense.
Original post by Lúcio
Realistically, no.
The only way I can see it happening is if Mignolet continues to be terrible for the rest of the season and Klopp brings in one of the young German keepers I mentioned before.

Mignolet has no reason to be fearful of his place. He just signed a 5 year deal and his only competition is Bogdan.
Bring in a young keeper with huge potential and it'll push Mignolet to perform better.
Perhaps Mignolet performs really well for the next year or two and due to his long contract we get to cash in on him while our other young keeper takes his permanent first team place.

That's just me being optimistic but it makes sense.

We're not going to get any decent cash for Mignolet regardless of his contract position. Would anyone be willing to pay more than £5mil for him at the moment? Don't forget his high wages.

Well Danny Ward came back with rave reviews from loan on Aberdeen. I think he's been promoted to number 2 above Bogdan now. I expect him to start tonight.
Caulker and Ward are ineligible as they weren't registered for last match.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Zerforax
We're not going to get any decent cash for Mignolet regardless of his contract position. Would anyone be willing to pay more than £5mil for him at the moment? Don't forget his high wages.

Well Danny Ward came back with rave reviews from loan on Aberdeen. I think he's been promoted to number 2 above Bogdan now. I expect him to start tonight.

No my point was that if a new goalkeeper pushes him to become better, we might end up with the ability to sell him.
Lets be honest, he's never had anybody properly competing for his position. As it stands there's no motivation for him to push himself since he's getting paid and keeping a 1st team slot regardless.

Would be nice to see Ward - I haven't watched him much personally so it'll be interesting.

EDIT: mr tim ruining our dreams :tongue:

Latest