2016 Nursing Applicants!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Shadowsfear
sure thing and best of luck in feb :biggrin:

Thanks! Best of luck to you too :biggrin:
Original post by Caligrafee
I've applied for Children's Nursing

I have interviews for RGU and Cumbria.

I'm waiting to hear from Dundee, Napier and GCU but I'm told this will not be anytime soon. I believe they don't even look at applications until the closing date, and then it can take a while - adult normally hear first I think but it's unlikely this will be before the start of February. I've heard Napier sometimes don't interview until mid-March and GCU don't get in touch until March (for Children's) GCU don't interview either I believe.

Hi I'm waiting to hear from GCU aswell, already had an interview with UWS. Do GCU not interview atall for adult Nursing?
Has anyone heard from GCU? Waiting nervously 😩
Original post by 11hop2it
Has anyone heard from GCU? Waiting nervously 😩

I'm still waiting too! applied in October and still heard nothing back x
Apparently they don't interview at all. It's all based on the application. I'm not 100% sure, but that is what I've been told.

I'm not sure about adult but apparently GCU don't contact child applicants until mid-March.
Anyone had an interview at Cumbria, for Child Nursing?
Original post by Millie_09
Anyone had an interview at Cumbria, for Child Nursing?

Not yet. I have one next month though :biggrin:
Someone else said GCU didn't do interviews but I've heard loads of people say it's an nmc criteria, seems really strange!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Caligrafee
I've applied for Children's Nursing

I have interviews for RGU and Cumbria.

I'm waiting to hear from Dundee, Napier and GCU but I'm told this will not be anytime soon. I believe they don't even look at applications until the closing date, and then it can take a while - adult normally hear first I think but it's unlikely this will be before the start of February. I've heard Napier sometimes don't interview until mid-March and GCU don't get in touch until March (for Children's) GCU don't interview either I believe.

Dundee told me last week that I should hear by the end of the week, so hopefully they're coming soon!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I got an offer from salford last night! Has anyone else got one?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2010
Original post by Nat3001
See you in September!

Sorry to butt in but I've firmed KCL too! Are any of you PgDip? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
has anyone heard back from UWS that has done a testing session? waiting nervously to find out if I have an interview for adult nursing! not heard back from GCU or Stirling yet though :frown:
Reply 2012
Original post by Nat3001
I'm a fellow mature student too!
Good luck with your interview. You've got heaps of experience!

Have you started your nurse training yet? and what Uni are you at.
:u::bike:
Original post by Lorl
Have you started your nurse training yet? and what Uni are you at.
:u::bike:

Start in September 😁. I've firmed KCL and have Kingston as my insurance. Very nervous but so excited 😎
Original post by fc93
Sorry to butt in but I've firmed KCL too! Are any of you PgDip? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm not. Are you adult nursing?
Original post by Swagio
Someone else said GCU didn't do interviews but I've heard loads of people say it's an nmc criteria, seems really strange!

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's what I thought too! It does seem strange.

Original post by Swagio
Dundee told me last week that I should hear by the end of the week, so hopefully they're coming soon!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Are you applying for Adult or Childrens?
Branch: Mental health nursing
Uni(s) applied to: GCU, Edinburgh Napier, Stirling and UWS

unfortunately I don't have any experience. I have been trying to secure volunteering places but due to having to be 18 and only turning 18 last month I've had difficulty. I hope this doesn't have a bad effect on my chances. I hav had some voluntary work but not exactly related to nursing!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2017
Original post by Nat3001
Start in September 😁. I've firmed KCL and have Kingston as my insurance. Very nervous but so excited 😎

Well goodluck. You will be fine, just enjoy it will go so quick. I will let you know if I get an interview and the outcome.
Reply 2018
Original post by Nat3001
I'm not. Are you adult nursing?

Nope I'm Children's :smile: congrats on your offer though! I'm just struggling to find info about all the things you have to do for PgDip!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi, when did you apply? I have got an interview for Greenwich but nothing yet for Canterbury, nervous because Canterbury is my 1st choice!

Quick Reply